You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

October 13th 5th Annual Warbirds over Grapevine- A Fundraiser for Snowball Express

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 13th 5th Annual Warbirds over Grapevine- A Fundraiser for Snowball Express

Saturday October 13th - 5th Annual – Warbirds over Grapevine - A Fundraiser for Snowball Express
    Hosted by: 114th RC AeroSquadron Save the Date- October 13th

Wanted to let everyone know we are actively planning our 5th Annual Warbirds over Grapevine Event.

Last year, we were able to raise over $4,000 for Snowball Express, a 4-star charity serving the children of our fallen since 9/11. We had 47 registered pilots and a whole lot of fun including a raffle and great food. Pilot Ryan, Captain Mike and James B from Motion helped make it a huge success.

We have purposely scheduled this event so it does not interfere with other fine regional events such as B.E.S.T. ( That’s for you, Thomas B)

Though the actual event is AMA sanctioned for Saturday, we invite out of town guests to make it a weekend. Arrive Friday for some relaxed open flying. Plenty of nearby camping within walking distance of the field, several nearby hotels and plenty of great dining spots. Saturday is the main event.

Besides great flying, we’ll have other cool things including a hands on buddy-boxed flight control system with realistic yoke, rudder pedals and throttle quadrant. With FPV goggles, see out the cockpit window with head tracking. Want to fly your plane full scale? Here’s your chance.

We’ll even have a gaggle of F-27 evolutions this year. Bring your F-27.

Like in years past we’ll have great food and trophies.

On Sunday, either come to our field and fly some more as our guest or even better yet, head-out to Ft. Worth Alliance Airport about 20 minutes away for a great airshow featuring the USAF Thunderbirds demonstration team.

The weather here in North Texas in October is usually the best of the year. We live for our Spring and Fall seasons.

I’ll be posting more information as planning continues…

Hawk
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Can’t wait! We had a great time last year!

Comment

Hope the entire “Truesome Trio” gets to come again! Pilot Ryan, Captain Mike and James B.

You guys really made it special for a lot of folks, and set the pace/bar for attending events for MRC.

I’m already hearing about guys who intend to be here this year, who weren’t able to last year.

Comment

We plan to be there again to much fun getting to visit with all you guys. The raffle giveaways are really nice too so buy those tickets whether you win a prize or not you still win in knowing your helping a great cause.

Comment

Dennis, I know Snowball Express holds a special place in your heart. The special Snowball Express livery on your F7F says it all. Glad you're you're planning on coming. !
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

One of the cool things we'll have going this year is a genuine "hands on" realistic. flight control system developed and tested by our own Captain Lloyd Wright , an Airbus AA pilot.

You sit in a chair where there's a yoke and rudder pedals. A throttle quadrant to your left. It's hooked up to a DX9 which is buddy boxed to a DX8. You can even wear fpv goggles to gain the full affect of looking out through the cockpit.

Here's how it will work in its basic form. Lloyd or another experience RC pilot will take off. This can any plane including yours if you would like. When you're ready, just like any buddy box operation, he'll give you the plane. You fly it with the yoke and rudder pedals which will have the same basic sensitivity as the full scale. Takes some getting used to as you need to find center. Should you get in trouble, the buddy box pilot will take over.

I tried it last weekend and it's a hoot !

Comment

I really would like to be able to make it out there this year... We'll see how things play out but it is on my radar.

Comment

That would be awesome Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  I really would like to be able to make it out there this year... We'll see how things play out but it is on my radar.
                  Steve, that would be a real treat my friend! Hope you can come and get some of this Texas hospitality!!

Comment

Will try to make it. Just a 3 hr drive each way.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                      Will try to make it. Just a 3 hr drive each way.
                      You won’t regret it! And there are plenty of Dairy Queen’s on the way (I love Blizzards :Cool:)

3 hour drives in Texas is a cake walk! Hope to see you and meet you there!

Comment

Definitely planning on being there again this year. The last two years have been excellent, its definitely a do-not-miss event!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ryan mike.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	141853

We're so excited that Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike are coming back to N.Texas for an encore visit. You're not going to want to miss this event and the opportunity to hang out with these guys. A great time and a great fundraiser for Snowball Express. Make it a weekend !

I'll be putting the event up on RCflightdeck soon and posting on Facebook

Name:	Dave with F4.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	141856

Name:	snowball.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	141854Click image for larger version

Name:	raffle 1.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	141855

Comment

The planning continues !! We're only about 2 months away.

I should have the event posted on RCFlightdeck.com very soon. Have had a few inquires from out of town guests concerning camping. We will have limited native camping onsite. There is 30 amp service and a portolet but no showers.. If you're interested, there would be no cost . Just send me a PM if interested. Otherwise, there's camping about 1,000 yards away right on Grapevine Lake. They have showers and I think there's a nominal fee.

Plenty of inexpensive hotels nearby. I'm working on getting a special 'Warbirds over Grapevine' rate.

Blue skies !

Hawk

Comment

We are definitely looking forward to it. Hopefully the weather cooperates with mild temperatures and light winds. I got my raffle money already set back

Comment

Hey!!! Planning on being there again this year! Last year was fun for sure!! If the big B-17G goes as planned and we can win at Monaville in September at the 30th anniversary of Bomber Field, I will bring her to Grapevine!! Check out the build when you guys have time. It is slow right now, but it is getting hot and heavy for the test flight ASAP... Waiting on a few more parts to get the wiring done...
                                Night all!!!

Comment

Awesome ! Can't wait to see the B-17 !

Up and running on RCflightdeck.com It's still a WIP but you can register: https://www.rcflightdeck.com/event.cfm?event_id=8244

Hopefully, I'll keep the Phantom alive for the event. I should have the B-24, A4, & A-10

Campers- We can make special accommodations for a limited number.

Comment

Thanks Dave!!! I just registered!!!
                                    CONFIRMATION NUMBER: 28070 :Cool::Cool::):Cool::Cool::Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Farmflyer's F7F Snowball Express TigerCat

Name:	Snowball Cat.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	146579

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                        Looking forward to seeing Farmflyer's F7F Snowball Express TigerCat

Name:	Snowball Cat.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	146579
                                        Oh man I think I just got called out now I’m afraid to fly it between now and then in case something bad happens

Comment

Working...
                                        X