X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I was flying the 1200mm Eflite Corsair, OV came up under me so hard it popped off my canopy and tore off the flaps...my prop cut his receiver out, that's the sound you hear at impact. I was actually able to glide in and land the Corsair.
    I thought it looked like his vertical stabs hit the trailing edge of your wings in the photo. What are the odds of cutting a receiver out. Not much you can do at that point. After what happened with both you and Pilot Ryan, the next time I fly formation with OV10, he'll be in the lead. love ya WBC, it's all in funLOL..

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

I thought it looked like his vertical stabs hit the trailing edge of your wings in the photo. What are the odds of cutting a receiver out. Not much you can do at that point. After what happened with both you and Pilot Ryan, the next time I fly formation with OV10, he'll be in the lead. love ya WBC, it's all in funLOL..
      Three more and OV will be an ace :Silly:we have had a blast this past week, he just left this morning and I already miss him.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Three more and OV will be an ace :Silly:we have had a blast this past week, he just left this morning and I already miss him.
        LOLGood one on being an ace. He's a lot of fun for sure. Glad he lives near by here.

Comment

LOLGood one on being an ace. He's a lot of fun for sure. Glad he lives near by here.
          He'll be blowing up this thread tonight ;)
          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

For those that have never been to Triple Tree Aerodrome here's a video we made that gives a first person tour of the grounds.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Man that's harsh!!
              But knowing Mr Brown, he'll have another one ready for next season, Never Say Never!!!
              As for missing him, took me about the length of the parking lot at Nefi to start missing him, he's that kind of guy!
              If you've ever met him, you know what I'm talking about!
              CB, keep us informed!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

WARBIRD IS BACK ;)
                Back home in the Triple Cities of upstate NY last evening. Grueling 14 hour drive but now todays activity after I finish catching up on the Squawk is to unload the rolling hangar/bunkhouse.
                I really had a great time at eWeek and TIA in spite of a couple expensive losses.
                I woke up on the top side of the dirt again and have some more great memories of some really great folks.
                As for my losses...........the A-1 is repairable and the A-10 will be replaced.
                I gained a 1700mm FMS Corsair as a "buy right" B-day gift to myself and a 2000mm BlitzRC P-40E in need of some TLC in trade for my 1400mm FMS Stuka.
                The fleet numbers remain about the same but the size of the airframes are advancing:Cool:
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Good to hear you made the long trip home safely. It was good to see you again after NEFI. I had a blast hanging and flying with you at eWeek. I hope to see another A-10 in the works soon after the mid-air heard all over Triple Tree...until next time, full steam ahead.

Comment

Great to hear everyone made it home safe. I hope none of our gang was in that shooting in LV, unbelievable!!
                    Heck of a year and I'm starting to look forward to next year as well.
                    Corsair eh CB, the deals just seem to sniff you out my friend !

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Great to hear everyone made it home safe. I hope none of our gang was in that shooting in LV, unbelievable!!
                      Heck of a year and I'm starting to look forward to next year as well.
                      Corsair eh CB, the deals just seem to sniff you out my friend !

Grossman56
                      You got it bassackwards Gman. With the size of my snozz I smell the deals. How you think I grew the fleet........:Pbut my sweetie knows that I'm thrifty ;)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Motion RC planes at eWeek...

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Motion RC planes at eWeek...

....and the Oscar for Best Picture goes to Tired Iron. Thanks for posting. Great work. The best Sound Effect definately goes to OV10LOL. Man, that sounded like a grenade going off!

Comment

....and the Oscar for Best Picture goes to Tired Iron. Thanks for posting. Great work. The best Sound Effect definately goes to OV10LOL. Man, that sounded like a grenade going off!

Thanks, I have a ton of video still to edit...that's just the planes that came from Motion.
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

RRHandy said he heard it from the main flight line about 1/4 mile or more away. It was very impressive. I just wish the camera had not gone out of focus and that I was paying more attention to what was going on in the view finder but I wasn't sure they had collided until I pulled my eye away only to see Charlie's A-10 going in.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                RRHandy said he heard it from the main flight line about 1/4 mile or more away. It was very impressive. I just wish the camera had not gone out of focus and that I was paying more attention to what was going on in the view finder but I wasn't sure they had collided until I pulled my eye away only to see Charlie's A-10 going in.
                                I wish you had caught the Corsair limping in :)
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Kinda ironic that simultaneously the kick in my groin pain was just as significant :Scared:LOL
                                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

I wish you had caught the Corsair limping in :)
                                    I didn't even know it was you that got tangled up with him.

Comment

I have to say even with the carnage this was the best time I've had since being in this hobby, great time with great people.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Sounds like you all had a blast. I hope to make it next year.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Kinda ironic that simultaneously the kick in my groin pain was just as significant :Scared:LOL
                                          I'll bet it did.LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X