You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veteran's Day - Stories and what it means to you.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran's Day - Stories and what it means to you.

Being a veteran-owned company, we here at Motion RC are proud to thank all our veteran's this coming Veteran's Day. Lots of our employees are veterans themselves or are related to veterans and producing the scale planes we provide is not only for our fun and enjoyment but also allows us to remember the brave men and women who helped build and fly these great machines.

So as we thank our Veteran's this coming Saturday, what are some of your stories? Every time we get a chance to show and fly one of our scale models for a Veteran who either flew or served with their real-life counterparts, the joy we see in their faces makes what we do all the more better.

Let's hear your stories and thank the great veteran's of past and present this coming Saturday.

My father was in the Navy during WWII and was injured when a Japanese plane strafed his ship. I had three great uncles that served in the Army during WWII, one left both his legs in the Philippines the other two left part of themselves you can't see or touch overseas as well. The uncle that lost his legs had twin sons and one of them was killed in Vietnam.

From as far back as I can remember my Father would pay for servicemen's meals, and always thank them for their service which is something he always taught me and I always do.

I have taught my child and grandchild to always do the same, for us every day is Veteran's Day.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

My father was in World War 2. He had 5 bronze stars. He was in the BOTB and 4 other campaigns. I have to brothers who were lifers. I installed parachutes in the ejector seats in B58's and KC135's During Vietnam. Hats off to all the Vets and active duty. We salute you.

Comment

Nice to know that folks are honoring vets - was in Nam in 68',70' and 72 - different story back then - flew the F-4 in Nam - over 300 combat missions - got my PH on 3 Sept 68 when I was a GIB (pilot - Guy-In-Back) when we were supporting a SP camp under siege - dropping Mk-82 high drags on a gun we couldn't see -but the guys on the ground needed our help so we went in - some Army Huey's came in to get me out - one got shot down - VERY BRAVE warriors - owe my life to them - came back in the front seat for two more tours - flew the F-16 also but my first love (please don't tell my wife) was the Phantom - photo is a flying model of the jet I got shot down in - got it as a birthday present from my wife - I guess she knows what the F-4 meant to me

Comment

The thank you is appreciated most heartily. If you really want to thank a veteran, do two things.
          1. Vote
          2. Read the Constitution.

I served 33 years in the navy in the medical profession and had the privileged to talk with and care for veterans of many wars. They had stories of heroism and self--sacrifice that most cannot understand or appreciate. They fought for the freedom that we all enjoy today. In the heat of combat, most will tell you they were not fight for the flag, mom or apple pie. They are fighting for their buddies and the person covering the back. They volunteered to make the world safe for their families and family generations to come. The ones I enjoyed talking to the most were the WWII veterans. Their stores are amazing. If you ever get the opportunity to talk with a WWII vet., please do while they are still around. They are call the Greatest Generation for a very good reason. I salute them on Veterans Day and every dad. Go Bless!

Comment

My Great uncle fought in France in WW1, during WW2, my dad was a Army Air Corp fighter instructor in Texas (1942-1944) & flew B-17's (1944-1945). I served in Vietnam fixing & crewing helecoptors north of Danang (Camp Viking). I'm very proud of my family Military heritage. Thanks Motion RC.

Comment

I personally am not a vet. I have a younger brother who served in the Marines until he couldn't anymore. While he never saw combat, I have a deep appreciation for those who served and did. Thank you Veteran's for your service, sacrifices and contributions. You are greatly appreciated.

Comment

I was attached to HT-18 helicopter training squadron in Florida. My job was a Plane Captain on UH-1 Bell Hueys working the Flight Line on midnights. It was my birthday night and the crew managed to take me down and give me a birthday spanking. Then they removed my pants and left me there outside the flight line shack. As I walked around half naked for an hour looking for my pants I kept hearing over the radios to beware of a lost sailor walking the flight line in his underwear. I finally found my paints stuck on the tip of a main rotor blade on one of our birds around 0200 hours. Thank God it was a nice warm night.

Comment

I Served for twenty and a half years. God Bless all Veteran past, present and future. Remember, “ Adapt, Overcome and Improvised “

Comment

1st post on this forum. I just retired after a great 24 year career flying the Boom on the mighty KC-135 Stratotanker. Between deployments to many "Stans" I kept sane by flying the mini Air Force. Heck, there was a trip or two that I took a plane with me but the Security Forces were not very happy having a little airplane flying around the compound. Sure were some good times!
                    Attached Files

Comment

20 year Air Force retiree. Served in Vietnam 1970-1971 Det 4, 600 Photo Sq. Combat Documentation for FAC missions and C-130 Daisy Cutter bomb drops. Second tour was in Thailand during Operation Linebacker when one of my most memorable events occurred when Captain "Steve" Richie returned from his 5th kill that made him one of five aces during the Vietnam War. The tower placed Captain Richie's radio transmissions over the base's loudspeakers, we heard Captain Richie's request to do a victory roll denied by the air traffic control. Captain Richie replied their response came over garbled and assumed his request was approved as he did a beautiful 8 point roll over the run way. The noise and lights kept going all night long at the Officer's and NCO's clubs.

Comment

At a young age, I was infatuated with flight and everything about it. My uncles worked with Boeing and Lockheed, and my grandfather was an engineer on the Apollo and Space Shuttle program. I started flying model planes at a young age. I decided to Join the Army in 2003 after spending 6 years as a civilian paramedic. I came into the MP Corps and my model aircraft time seemed to fade away. I deployed to Afghanistan in 2010, and happened to stumble across a Commander, a Raven, and a Pumba, and was given the chance to pilot the UAVs for the 1STB, 101st (Route Recon). After re-learning to fly from the ground, I re-engaged the hobby. I now try to expand the hobby over to other veterans and current members as this was the "release" I needed to help cope with some of the hardships I was going through. To all my other Brothers and Sisters in Arms, thank you. To the ones that have served before me, thank you for paving the way to all that have served after you. And to the families, and the ones who have given the ultimate sacrifice, there is no thanks big enough, but from my family to you, thank you.

Comment

I served as a medic on a Dust Off Helicopter in Vietnam and had a cousin who died in action there. My father flew on a C-47 during WWII with several of his brothers. I sincerely appreciate the attitude and recognition that Motion RC displays towards the nation's veterans. This position towards the military was not common during the Vietnam era so I do appreciate it now. Thank you guys very much and God bless you and your organization.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170429_162755.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	103404Click image for larger version

Name:	20160424_091636.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	103405 I'm humbled and grateful for all who have sacrificed for our unique country. We owe our freedoms to the great brave soles who gave so much for us. I con Click image for larger version

Name:	20160525_094529.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	103403 ceder in many ways the plan es I make and fly a tribute to all who have unselfishly served for the only truly free country on the planet. Though it's impossible to put into words, thanks for all who gave of themselves for our country. God bless the USA
                            rc flyin addict

Comment

Thanks to all those who served...
                              Father, Sargent USAAF WWII England, Mother, British war bride, Father in Law, Captain USAAF, WWII CBI Hump pilot.
                              God Bless them all
                              Terry
                              Naval Aviator 1970-1977

Comment

Thank you my brothers and all that have served and are serving now. A grateful citizen thanks you for your dedication to our nation.

Comment

First I'd to thank Motion Hobby personal who served as well, and the great service thru which they run their Business!! My father flew B-25 "s during WWII and I was Aboard the USS Forrestal CVA-59 off coast of Viet Nam. I am very thankful for our lives and PROUD of this great Nation. Thanks to All who served and who are still doing so ATT. This is a Great Hobby and I'am a Warplane Nut as well- I have several, B-25, P-38, Corsair, P-51, P-40,F-86, F-15, & all are from Motion Hobby - Freewing& Fms Suppliers. Rich

Comment

Happy happy Veterans Day! Add to that a Happy 242nd Birthday to my fellow Marines out there. I flew in the USMC, 1987-1997, but that's nothing. Uncles that served in the USMC during WWII, and Great Great Grandfather and his brother that were in Ohio Volunteer Regiments during the Civil War.
                                    Happy Verterans Day to all!

Comment

It's really getting hard to believe that it is pushing almost 45 years ago when I served in the early 70's and had the privilege of being assigned with what was the longest established medium attack squadron in the Navy's history.
                                      The Black Panthers, VA-35 served from 1934 thru 1995. My most memorable moment of my service was when my CO, Commander O'Brien gave formal recognition(that he pushed for) of me being the first E-4 (Third Class PO - AQ3) in the Navy to be assigned a Cat Checker billet(now known as Final Checkers) which was normally allocated to E-6 First Class PO. I was with the Panthers when they left the America and went aboard the Nimitz when it was commissioned and am a plank owner. The 1st pic is of my recognition mentioned earlier and the 2nd is my FW A-6 with the Panthers squadron livery which every time I fly it by low it brings back memories of them flying by the Nimitz.
                                      So come tomorrow, a nod of respect to all my veteran brothers and sisters and please make sure to thank a WW2 vet at ANY time because there aren't too many left to thank anymore.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CatChecker Promo.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.0 KB ID:	103420Click image for larger version  Name:	WP_20150609_016.jpg Views:	2 Size:	68.5 KB ID:	103421

PS......for those vets just posting for the first time please go to this Military Branch Survey and make your mark

Best Regards,
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

When we returned from Vietnam (1st Cav, '67-'68), the reception many of us received was far from welcoming. It is good to see the country acknowledge veterans' and veterans' families sacrifices, albeit decades late in our case.
                                        Kudos to the Motion RC guys for their service, recognizing vets and being a class act overall.

Comment

Working...
                                        X