Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be built strong enough to fly through a hurricane! Ha! Jokes aside.. This would be awesome!

Comment

It would have to have a sound system in it!

Comment

Until then...................here's what I'll be anticipating a 2018 arrival of.

Maxford C-130 Blue Angels ARF 1/16
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

In anticipation of this plane's arrival, I shall not be buying anymore new ones. Saving my money for the ultimate. ;)

Comment

Hahaha bet! :) naw I think you make it happen

Comment

I would buy one.
              My YouTube Channel

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if other manufacturers and sellers monitor MRC for their product planning? I think HK just announced an 1800mm C-130 via an Afterhours RC video on Facebook.

Comment

If I'd had a controller, I could have pretended this one was RC. Low-level pass over Lyman Lake State Park, Arizona, last year. I just happened to be hiking atop a ridge when it flew by, and had the 75-300mm lens on the DSLR. For perspective, it wasn't a very high ridge (neither is one in the background), and as these shots show, I was pretty much level with the plane.

Comment

I would buy one immediately!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                      Sometimes I wonder if other manufacturers and sellers monitor MRC for their product planning? I think HK just announced an 1800mm C-130 via an Afterhours RC video on Facebook.
                      There are several HobbyKing Facebook pages. Can you give us a link to this video?

Comment

Start at about the 1 hour mark. https://www.facebook.com/RCAfterhour...4002911796591/

From what I gather there will be an unlettered gray version and the Blue Angels support plane version. There are more photos of the Fat Albert version on the Penrith Electric Model Aero Club Facebook page.

I was hoping for something a little bigger, in the 2000 + size, but this does look pretty good, so I'll likely get one.

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                          Start at about the 1 hour mark. https://www.facebook.com/RCAfterhour...4002911796591/

From what I gather there will be an unlettered gray version and the Blue Angels support plane version. There are more photos of the Fat Albert version on the Penrith Electric Model Aero Club Facebook page.

I was hoping for something a little bigger, in the 2000 + size, but this does look pretty good, so I'll likely get one.
                          Thanks. I would have never found that. Didn't know what to look for and even if found it, I would not have listened through 1 hr of it to find it. I just don't have the patience to listen to these podcasts.
                          I have the 2000mm B-24 and the 1700mm F7F Tigercat and the difference in size between the two is hard to tell unless both are side by side. I am somewhat discouraged about their comments about it sitting so low to the ground. I fly off grass and a low plane would turn into a lawn mower.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            I am somewhat discouraged about their comments about it sitting so low to the ground. I fly off grass and a low plane would turn into a lawn mower.
                            I'm betting that scale ground clearance wouldn't work very well on our dirt runway here, either.

Comment

In listening to "Steve" from HK, he stated that so far they have only flown the test model from grass and it has performed well. He said the mains are about 2 inch wheels and it sounds like they made the LG robust. It may drag on tallish grass, but I think it may be okay on short well manicured grass.

The real C-130 sits very close to the ground, so you would have to give up some scale appearance to make it taller on the gear.

I would prefer a 2000 mm from Flightline, but if an HK (Avios) in 1800 mm is what we have, I'll give it a shot and hope for the best.

I also noted that the guys from Afterhours RC mentioned that they had talked to Alpha about a C-130 in the past. I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on the subject.

Comment

I fly at 2 fields. One is very plush grass that isn't cut very short. My regular field is just that - prairie field that has been cut down and mowed. It's full of gopher holes (mostly filled in), lumps and bumps. So far, the lowest plane I have is the B-24 and so far, it's working out OK. If HK brings out a C130, I'm afraid I'll have to try one out. I just hope that it is better made, better designed and flies better than their (now defunct) C-47. That one was pretty awful. I couldn't wait to repair it and get rid of it. I now have the Dynam C-47 and even though Dynam is consider an economy brand, theirs is far superior to the HK offering.

Comment

I'm thinking 1800mm is pretty nice. Wont be so hard to store or transport than anything larger.

Comment

Here is a little more info and some photos.

Comment

Thanks. :Cool:

Comment

I'm going to buy 2.

Best Regards
                                        Woody

Comment

I'm going to wait a while.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...