X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I'm getting ready to expand my hangar, at Saturday's hangar day we were maxed out...
    Buddy, you're about two planes away from being on Dr. Phil for some interventionLOLLOL:Cool:.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Buddy, you're about two planes away from being on Dr. Phil for some interventionLOLLOL:Cool:.
      Lol, the flying and fellowship are much cheaper than professional therapy:Silly:

This by far is the best hobby I've ever been involved in, I've met some of the best people and have made life long friends that I consider family.

We joke about the wives and spending too much on planes but I have to say I'm blessed with the best wife ever, we've been married for 35 years and I have put her though some rough times in the past but she's always been by my side, she's been a fantastic mother to our daughter and ever better grandmother to Adrianna. We have fly-ins or hangars days almost every weekend and she cooks for us and makes sure all the kids have something fun to do and never complains about how many people invade us on the weekends or how many planes I buy.
      I can honestly say that I wouldn't know what to do without her.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8462.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	120220
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I can vouch for that. You are blessed with a remarkable lady. :Cool:

Comment

Several of us here have some pretty special ladies in our lives. Myself included. They are rare finds indeed.

Comment

George,
            I'm N. Alabama and am a member of your facebook page. One weekend, I hope to make it up your way to fly with you guys.
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
              George,
              I'm N. Alabama and am a member of your facebook page. One weekend, I hope to make it up your way to fly with you guys.
              That would be awesome! The Spring Fly-in would be a good one, it last's all weekend!
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

There is nothing special about it besides that both have a very healthy relationship.

I understand what you are saying about your significant other.

I want to make this clear because just think, I wish my wife was like that, etc
                A special wife is not someone who one can buy whatever feels like it, disregard the relationship, get in debt maxing out credit cards and not having priorities straight, and she has no voice or vote on the money management/ expenses.
                Its not buying whatever I want, and when I want, but god forbid she uses "your" money and then there is none for you to buy more toys.
                And this is regardless if you are the one who brings the bread to the house and she is a homemaker, because that's a job as well.

Some say chill, I get it, I am not stressing out about it, but this thread does have a very valid point that needs to be addressed.

Same case if she shows up every week with a new Coach or LV purse...

Comment

Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                  There is nothing special about it besides that both have a very healthy relationship.

I understand what you are saying about your significant other.

I want to make this clear because just think, I wish my wife was like that, etc
                  A special wife is not someone who one can buy whatever feels like it, disregard the relationship, get in debt maxing out credit cards and not having priorities straight, and she has no voice or vote on the money management/ expenses.
                  Its not buying whatever I want, and when I want, but god forbid she uses "your" money and then there is none for you to buy more toys.
                  And this is regardless if you are the one who brings the bread to the house and she is a homemaker, because that's a job as well.

Some say chill, I get it, I am not stressing out about it, but this thread does have a very valid point that needs to be addressed.

Same case if she shows up every week with a new Coach or LV purse...

You're right, it's all about trust really...she knows I would never put our finances in jeopardy and I know she wouldn't either and neither one of us worry about it. I also realize this isn't the case in many relationships sadly.
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

That would be awesome! The Spring Fly-in would be a good one, it last's all weekend!
                    Well, dang. That would be great, except that my RC Club is hosting a Swap Meet on Saturday, March 31. :-/
                    ---
                    Warbirder

Comment

Yep, mine is an amazingly patient lady, even through the diabetes and foot surgery, she's been a real trooper!!
                      She took virtually all of the Nefi pics for 2016 and 2017

Name:	image_14331.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	120317
                      that I posted and not many guys can brag that their wives have been in three AMA Model Aviation magazines!!

Name:	Diane in AMA.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	120318

Gotta love it!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                      X