X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm almost American!

As some of you might know, I'm a LEGAL immigrant to this country, from Canada. Got here in 2011 and after $11000+, just got back from writing my citizenship exam, which I passed!!
    Now, I'm just waiting for the notification of where and when the Swearing In Ceremony is to be held and I'm in!!!
    Words can't express how important this is to me and how excited I am to be one step away!!

Just had to share this with all my buds on HobbySquawk!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

That's Awesome Dan! Congrats on the test. So many natural born citizens take it for granted. You're earning yours the hard way. Props bud!!!:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
      As some of you might know, I'm a LEGAL immigrant to this country, Words can't express how important this is to me and how excited I am to be one step away!!Grossman56
      G56, I am proud for you and of you. My heart is full today. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

:Cool::Hug::Win::Stars::Drinks::)

:Heart::ov10
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Just too cool Bro!!!!!!!!!! Gonna play you some Lee Greenwood... LOL Thank you for doing it the right way!!! Jerry

Comment

Congrats Grossman56, I took the exam and passed and I was born here just to see if I was AMERICAN. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL:Silly:
            AMA 424553

Comment

Congrats Gman! My wife did that about 4 years back. The ceremony will be fun mate.

Woody

Comment

Great to hear Dan!!
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Congrats Dan!!!

Comment

WELCOME Mr.G !:Drinks:
                    rc flyin addict

Comment

Congrats sir!

Comment

As some of you might know, I'm a LEGAL immigrant to this country, from Canada. Got here in 2011 and after $11000+, just got back from writing my citizenship exam, which I passed!!
                        Now, I'm just waiting for the notification of where and when the Swearing In Ceremony is to be held and I'm in!!!
                        Words can't express how important this is to me and how excited I am to be one step away!!

Grossman56
                        That's awesome!
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

That's great Dan! Glad to call you a fellow American.:Cool:

Comment

Congratulations Dan I hope to meet you someday somewhere as a fellow American.

Comment

Grossman56
                              Congratulations Sir Dan Grossman!...Oops, Sorry, that's the UK. Nice to see that you have not only escaped the cold and the ice, but you have entered the realm of the Freest People On Earth! God Bless America and it's locomotive passion for doing everything one can, to enjoy their life on this planet!!! I too am a Canadian. But, unfortunately, I have no escape from the Great Multicultural Northern Trainwreck. Unless I marry an American woman and do my proper paperwork; I'll be shoveling snow and eating ice cubes for breakfast until my frozen dying days. The truth is; I grew up American! Really!. Because everything I did was American...except maybe for ice hockey which really is Canadian. Invented pretty much in Quebec...But, every other experience was American! The music; the movies; the television; the cars; the food; the clothing; the girls; the trends; the musical instruments; the tools; the liberty; the amusement and the call of the hot weather when we were covered in 3 to 5 feet of the white stuff! Canadians have been noted to be "Second Class Americans"... Even though the deaths of General Isaac Brock and Chief Tecumseh in the Battle of Lundy's Lane and Queenston/ Lewiston, convinced the historians that Canada beat America and divided the two countries. America won over Canada by economic attrition and has always seen us as a Northern neighbour who can shop and sell stuff, but always remain a frozen outpost to the grandest country of them all....The United States of America!!!!.....Hey! Do y'all have room for one more!.....lol
                              Best, Airhead......Toronto....

Comment

Grossman56
                                Why do we not have an emoticon with an American Flag wave?
                                Cuz that’s what would be appropriate - a salute to you, sir in apprection for you love and respect for this country.

Comment

Congratulations! Good to have you on board.

JB

Comment

Thanks guys! As Airhead said, in Canada, we really do grow up American. I was born in Vancouver B.C. and lived within throwing distance of the border all my life. I had American relatives and it turns out that my Mom's side of the family originally settled in the US around the time of the Mayflower. As close as I can figure, the went North at the time of the Revolution. I guess you couldn't blame them as the odds of the Americans separating from England were slim and the repercussions were going to be huge if the Americans lost.
                                    But, I was always a cowboy and wanted nothing more than to be in the US, who says dreams don't come true!!
                                    Didn't get the cowboy part, but I raised my own horses for a time and now I'm living in the Cowboys State. Close enough!!

Dan (Grossman56)
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Grossman56
                                      Did you get sworn yet??? Still smiling from ear-to-ear in joy for you Bro!!! Have a great AMERICAN Sunday and a fun Super Bowl!!! Jerry

Comment

Haven't heard when yet, but I was told I could go to Denver and get sworn in there or wait to have it done in Cody and that may be up to 6 months. Denver means nothing to me and no one I know is going to drive there in the Winter, including me!!
                                        So, it will probably be Spring, but I'll post when it happens. The good thing is that I passed the final hurdle and now its just the swearing in. Over $11000 so far FYI.
                                        Build that wall! (Or at least give me a refund)

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                        X