Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the previous two posts. I have seen nothing on any of the usual, credible news broadcasts. A Google search revealed a couple of reports from "off beat", back alley publications, not unlike the "rag mags". Those deal in sensationalism, exaggeration and hype based on very few facts to justify their existence and generate income. They specialize in the lunatic fringe. I'm surprised that YouTube hasn't put the kibosh on the video as "fake news". I think those in Seattle need not panic over this. They don't have a "Red Dawn" happening.

Comment

Kudos to the posters of this forum for the rationality displayed in this thread. Take a look at the "other" forum on the same topic. Rife with claims that Covid 19 is a conspiratorial hoax with fake statistics perpetrated by Gates, Soros etc to create panic and gain world control.

Comment

It's why we have a strict "No Politics/Religion" policy...I used to run a popular NFL fan site for a decade and I was astonished how quickly otherwise good-natured posters would turn on each other and get ugly. So it's just not worth it when trying to maintain a well-run, civil forum community.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Kudos to the Admins as well

Comment

ICM, I don't do forums much, but it seems to me the good folks here at the "Squawk" adhere to a common sense approach to all things, not just RC. It is the only reason I am here. "Almost" zero controversy and great people saying good things. We members make this forum good, IMHO. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

The protest thing in Seattle finally made the noon news today. Not a single mention of anything to do with "communists". It did mention, however, about infighting among various factions within the protest groups. I think the reason it got in the news at all was Trump threatening to go in and take back the city if the mayor didn't. Other than that, it wasn't really news worthy.

Comment

I have to admit that after 3.5 years of being connected to this forum, even if I made no sense and seem to carry on doing so; I have to say that for the most part, this forum really focuses on the RC hobby in great detail and nobody really strays from the beaten path! I've noticed there have been few discussions about anything else other than RC. Once in awhile a few people might flare up and make comments about life, the universe and everything; but the only real reason this forum exists is the scope of RC! I have been witness, like everyone else; to see the birth of so many planes by the Motion Team and their umbilical connection to all of the users, abusers and confusers of this golden hobby that needs to be preserved no matter what. Motion RC is a bubble. Hope it stays that way into the future.....

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  I agree with the previous two posts. I have seen nothing on any of the usual, credible news broadcasts. A Google search revealed a couple of reports from "off beat", back alley publications, not unlike the "rag mags". Those deal in sensationalism, exaggeration and hype based on very few facts to justify their existence and generate income. They specialize in the lunatic fringe. I'm surprised that YouTube hasn't put the kibosh on the video as "fake news". I think those in Seattle need not panic over this. They don't have a "Red Dawn" happening.

Comment

Look at all these armed communists and anarchists! The streets have gone mad! </sarcasm off>

CNN’s Dan Simon goes inside the six-block area of Seattle where protesters have set up a so-called autonomous zone.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

It has been said, 'you get the government you deserve'. This begins at the local level. A sad commentary with regard to one sides' lack of leadership IMHO. You cannot govern effectively by emotion alone. "The problem with common sense is, it isn't." ~B. Franklin~ Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

It's the same problem with common courtesy, too.

Comment

• Elbee
                          Elbee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well said, H. Ain't it the truth. Best, LB

This was in our local news today. Numbers of confirmed cases in people under the age of 40 has taken an upswing and many of these are in the "young" age bracket. Till now, the vast majority of cases have been the elderly, many of whom have died from this virus. I guess all that "devil may care" attitude of the young and group gatherings both in a social setting and in the protest marches are coming back to bite people in the butt. Then the rest of us will eventually come into contact with some of those and we know what'll happen next.

Comment

Working...
                        X