X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious...

Is anyone else a fan of the show Airplane Repo? I've only just recently discovered this show on our cable network, myself. I did some auto repo work back in the day, but these guys got some huge brass balls! Just watched them repo a Piper Pawnee. That owner came running, pulled his pistol, and fired shots at the Cessna 150(?) chaser plane. Hit the fuel line and Kevin Lacey (the main repo guy) got it back on the ground in good time. Some scary schit in there, but some very cool birds.
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Some of that on reality shows is made for the show and not real life, cameras already setup in places as they jump in the plane and take off, entertaining yes, fan meh. R.
    AMA 424553

Comment

I watched part of an episode when these first aired. I liked the airport locale for the other planes in the background, but the way the show progressed, it felt too staged, too much drama, too much scripting. I even got the impression that is was all done with actors and not the real people involved in the case. Then came the "Real Housewives of ....... ". Nothing real about any of them - fake boobs, fake lips, fake faces, fake butts, fake and very vain people. Anyway, I never watched another episode of the plane repo.

Comment

Completely staged. Fake drama....Typical reality TV.

If these guys actually did half of what they show on TV they'd get sued and likely arrested and/or get a visit from the FAA. Insulting to aviation professionals and all the reenactments wouldn't even be necessary in most cases. Secondly, most of the panel shots where they show "emergencies" the emergency lights are wrong and as are the attitude indicators, etc. for where they're flying. I'm pretty sure most of what they do they shoot in a hangar somewhere where one of the principals already has an airplane parked.

Comment

Yeah, I'm starting to get that same feeling. Seen one that the guy had to repo a skydiving business' drop plane. So he signs up to skydive and gets pulled into a skydiving stunt (floating star or something along those lines). Does the stunt and leaves the team to think he's dead somewhere, while he breaks off to repo the plane. That was a bit too much for me. Still like seeing the planes they repo in action though!
          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
            Yeah, I'm starting to get that same feeling. Seen one that the guy had to repo a skydiving business' drop plane. So he signs up to skydive and gets pulled into a skydiving stunt (floating star or something along those lines). Does the stunt and leaves the team to think he's dead somewhere, while he breaks off to repo the plane. That was a bit too much for me. Still like seeing the planes they repo in action though!
            Yeah, well I've watched some episodes....it's still aviation. Not much to choose from.

Comment

Working...
            X