Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. From the very start when I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I told everyone I wanted to be a bird. I followed all the Apollo missions. I built all kinds of airplane models. Watched anything about airplanes. Went to the air shows at Davis-Monthan AFB. My eye site wasn't good enough to be a military pilot. But it was OK for me to be aircrew. So I trained as a Naval Flight Officer. Good times. Now I only have nine planes, but I will get more. :D

Comment

The wife comes out to the hanger the other day and asked "How many planes are you going to get?"

I replied..."All of them".
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

LOL! That's the answer. :D

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          The wife comes out to the hanger the other day and asked "How many planes are you going to get?"

+1 on the LOL! That is a perfect response. I only have 2 airplanes for now (if the Champ even counts as one) but I'm no less addicted than anyone else. I'm constantly on MotionRC website looking for the next one.

Comment

I can see I came to the right place. Been building plastic kits for generations, than a friend says one day "Have you tried RC?". Not since the Cox .049 days in the 70's when I watched one fly off into the sunset. " You should check it out" he says. Two years, and 26 planes later, I don't think the wife will let him back in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

EWW!!!! Your a brave man!!
              Somehow, mine has an idea of just what the maximum should be (don't have a clue on how that's decided) and that I have exceeded it.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Dan.........I use TI's same response much to my sweeties chagrin. After what you wrote over on the F7F thread about Santa and Diane, I'm tellin ya, Diane better be talking to one of those elves about getting you it because you have been a good boy and you were absent at the 38 dance. ;) Just remind her that it's another Grumman kitty and not the Lockheed devil. :rolleyes:
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I should buy an "Elf On The Shelf" kit maybe
                  LOL

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

I revived this thread just to say I have never had a hobby that consumes me the way this one does, it's not necessarily a bad thing but I think I will eventually go broke :Sweating: I started this thread a year ago and had 14 planes at the time...I'm not even sure how many I have now, I have three on the way from Motion now and will pop on the Dynam B-26, Freewing Spitfire and the FMS F7F Tigercat as soon as they're available. We won't even go into my flying schedule :Not-Talking:
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

TI........RIGHT ON brother :Cool: Isn't it freakin great to reawaken that feeling of being a kid again EVERYDAY :)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                        TI........RIGHT ON brother :Cool: Isn't it freakin great to reawaken that feeling of being a kid again EVERYDAY :)
                        Absolutely!
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

+1 to both of you TI and OV10. Not a bad addiction to have at all.

Comment

TJ.....Our field is still a bog:Angry: Gonna be flyin the Kabota with the 1500lb dam buster in tow today...AGAIN and hopefully for the last time :Whew:
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

Right there with you guys as well, the hangar keeps growing! And shrinking occasionally, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                TJ.....Our field is still a bog:Angry: Gonna be flyin the Kabota with the 1500lb dam buster in tow today...AGAIN and hopefully for the last time :Whew:
                                Hey WBC, going to be a bunch of us flying at the Aeros' field tomorrow. I'll be there from around noon. We'll probably stay and do some night flying too. As always, you're welcome (no swamp buggie requiredLOL). Maybe you can take the Gee Bee with you:Cool:.

Comment

I've been addicted to aviation both full size and models since I was 3 years old. Before I left the UK I had in excess of 100 models in various sizes from 12" wingspan to 140" wingspan. Most I sold or gave away, however, I did bring 10 with me and the collection is growing again. If I lived to be 1000 years old, I would never be able to build and fly all the designs I would like, there would not be enough time.

Martin.

Comment

You know when you have had a great day at the field, all the planes are coming home intact and you're reliving that (those) perfect landing(s) or how you rolled so perfectly or those great reverse Immelmans.
                                    That rush can stay with you the rest of the day and into the next sometimes.
                                    That's how you know you're addicted!!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

It's time to worry! I saw a box on the floor of my shop, yesterday. Took all the stuff of the top. Opened the box, and there was a beautiful Weddell-Williams ARF! I don't even remember ordering it! I'm sure someone slipped into my shop and left it there. I thought I had 54 planes. No tellin' how many I have still in the box. If I order a plane only to find that I already have one in the box, I'll get help.:Silly:Doc

Comment

*UPDATE*

The addiction is only getting deeper and looks to be a permanent affliction...however most of the symptoms are really enjoyable, the awesome fellowship with new flying friends, great new planes coming out at breakneck speed, spreading the addiction to other carriers and the joy of flying so many history aircraft. The only real drawback is that I have to live on ramen noodle soup and water now because I'm broke all the time.
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Aviation is the food of life! Doc

Comment

Working...
                                          X