Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
    *UPDATE*

The only real drawback is that I have to live on ramen noodle soup and water now because I'm broke all the time.

I believe this to be a common problem with the afflicted

U can add a little variety to your diet by making hot dogs for dinner and saving the wiener water soup for supper.
    It helps to change it up a bit! :)

Comment

Seriously, unless they know someone in the family or a friend of a friend who is into aviation and rc planes, your closest confidant (wife, girlfriend,partner) has no idea how this hobby infiltrates our lives. I know my wife sometimes thinks I have some disorder which makes our passion so strong, they have nothing to compare it to and honestly does not understand the level of passion. Other than helping out my 5 kids and enjoying their company and lives I cannot find another way that stimulates me to the degree that our hobby offers. There is nothing better than an outing flying 4-5 of your favorite birds with perfect flights landings and bringing all back intact. I guess being semi-retired also helps.

Comment

I'm pretty lucky in the fact that my wife builds and flys too. Admittedly, she doesn't have the addiction as bad as I do, but she gets it. She has "gifted" me about 75% of the planes I have. She has 6 planes of her own and another kit build on the bench. She has her own account on Motion and many others. She just ordered me 12 meters of Solartex for my 1/3 scale Fokker D.VIII build for my birthday. She's a keeper!

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
          I'm pretty lucky in the fact that my wife builds and flys too. Admittedly, she doesn't have the addiction as bad as I do, but she gets it. She has "gifted" me about 75% of the planes I have. She has 6 planes of her own and another kit build on the bench. She has her own account on Motion and many others. She just ordered me 12 meters of Solartex for my 1/3 scale Fokker D.VIII build for my birthday. She's a keeper!
          Yes she is;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

OV10 - Damn your one lucky SOB

Comment

Those with understanding wives, consider yourself fortunate. Mine is a flyer as well, but sometimes she wants to do something different so I try (operative word) to be fair. Lots of times I have fun doing other things as well, but other times I just wish I was flying. I'm sure you can all relate, especially CB, his wife is on the lawn while he's heading out doing the monkey dance.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	g1Tm0PZ[1].gif
Views:	190
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	95738
              Right CB??

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Mine could care less how many planes I have as long as she's the only woman I have ;)
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  especially CB, his wife is on the lawn while he's heading out doing the monkey dance.

Right CB??

Grossman56
                  LOL You a funny guy. More like it's she singin the song "I'm on vacation" cause she don't have to put up with me chasin her around the hangar for some ground ops ;)
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by CT View Post
                    OV10 - Damn your one lucky SOB
                    That's TJ who is the lucky SOB. My sweetie could care less about my warbirds.
                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

I liked Docs comment, Aviation is the food of life. So true. Its funny, this month is my 1 yr anniversary of my accident which could have cost me my life (bleeding out) of my own fault. Any less passion for another hobby would have likely closed that door forever, but I am back practicing safety first attitude and enjoying the hell out of it. I am thinking of getting my first rc boat (Traxxas M-41 widebody) . Oh hell hopeless addict!!!

Comment

My wife prefers I chase airplanes instead of women. Oh...So do I! :Cool: Doc

Comment

Right on Doc!!
                          I'll have to remind her of that!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Still getting worse day by day, with MRC release a new plane everyday it doesn't appear I will ever recover.
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Me too. Hoping I can paint enough pilots to get that new a10
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

I've got two expensive hobbies. Planes and guns. Lol. But I also don't have anyone to answer to anymore so it is what it is. Lately it's been more planes than guns, as planes are a little more north on the cost vs rewards scale be it the cost of ammo that thankfully is also coming down. People ask what about my ptsd, and I just say when you are in control of the bang it's all good. When others are in control of the bang, the senses jump to 11.

Comment

Just finished my fourth Waco. This one is a Dynam red. What a fun plane to customize (and fly). My walls, ceiling, tables, and floor are full of airplanes and I have no idea where to hang this Waco! Now to get started on my Weddell Williams ARF. Oh...and then my Tower Hobby Ryan STA. 4 ARF's still in the box. After all these years and planes, my wife finally said "No more planes". That's OK. I could crash one a month and still have planes to fly for years! Doc

Comment

My wife asked me...."Do you love your planes more than me?"...my reply was..."More?...no, not more.
                                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                      My wife asked me...."Do you love your planes more than me?"...my reply was..."More?...no, not more.
                                      LOLLOLLOL Good one George. Sometimes I wind up asking my wife that question. We've been jumping through hoops and laying down some cash for one of her next builds. It's a very rarely modeled 1/3 scale scratch build project. And she's got two full big kit builds in front of that one. It is great having her that fired up about the hobby though:Cool:.

Comment

If asked if I wouldn't fly anymore, I'll say what I always do. "Sure I won't fly anymore, but I wont fly any less either."

Comment

Working...
                                        X