First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolt Action 28mm so like 1/56
    AMA 1102566

Comment

I don't know how well these will translate to digital, but I'm occupying my spare time painting. The P-51 is one I did years ago 18x28 and the P-40 is one I'm currently working on, obviously not finished, but oils with their drying time, make you be patient. In the meantime, I have some landscapes to do for some friends as well.

Grossman56
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9390.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	55709Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0260.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	55710
      Team Gross!

Comment

Nice Job mate. Oils are awesome but they do take forever to dry. I use them in my modelling for just that reason. If you mess up you can just wipe it off. Here is a 12 man squad I did yesterday and a Half Track Pak 36 nearing completion.
        AMA 1102566

Comment

You guys are very talented!
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

you have a point there, I'm going to stock up a bit more with my acrylics as well though, they're greeat for laying down an idean and oil will paint right over them, also great for layering, the things can look 3D after awhile

grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Just finished this up today. Fun little build. Now I need to go clean my airbrush lol.
              AMA 1102566

Comment

Thats sooooo cool Akuma!!
                Gotta have something to get through the Winter doldrums don't we!?

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

So I posted this earlier in another thread and forgot it was not this thread. This is the Bandai 1/72 T-65 Space superiority fighter aka Xwing. I laid down some preshade lines after a basecoat of primer. This is to give definition to the panel lines and give a contrast to the eye. It goes from looking like why did I do this to a pretty cool effect. I learned this from the ILM guys. Its all the little details that bring a model to life. Enjoy these pictures. I will post more as the model continues.
                  AMA 1102566

Comment

AMA 1102566

Comment

That's beautiful AZ. For me the X-Wing is the ultimate sci-fi space fighter. I've been in love with them since Star Wars came out. I just watched Rogue One last night. It was awesome seeing the X-Wings in action again.

Comment

How about that last 5 minutes huh. WOW emotional!

Here is were I am at, at the end of the work day. Took some time to mask stuff off.
                        Enjoy more to follow as I progress through this build. I have a 1/35 Sherman on deck next.

Alpha I found my old cell and I am charging it up. There is several Studio Scale 1/24 Xwing builds on it.
                        AMA 1102566

Comment

Nice work on the X-wing! I've got a 1/18 toy X-wing laying around that I bought to convert to a nice scale model. I can only hope that it turns out that nice!

Comment

I'm experimenting with weathering. I'm using artists pastels with stiff bristle brushes and rubbing with a piece of paper towel. I get excellent control with this. I now prefer this to air brushing. It seems to be much more realistic. I'm using this on my Freewing A-10 Warthog. So far very good. Doc

Comment

for those looking for a good a/b for fine detail, Ive been using the Sotar 20/20 from badger for years..its been great. I use mostly Vallejo or Andrea paints. I quit using oils along time ago because of the long drying periods (got tired of the lightbulb drying box) acrylics like vallejo and andrea ,if used thin can get just as good,if not better results with blending and layering. The Templar I posted was all done with Andrea paints.
                              AZ , the Snowspeeder you posted..who made that? looks like the latest Hasbro toy? which is quite accurate if you want a larger model to repaint. I find some of the Hasbro toys can be great projects, like the ATST (the newer one) and yes, I have that huge Xwing too..just havent had the time or motivation to work on it.
                              I did get my hands on a Salzo studio scale snowspeeder. that one took alot of work to finish.
                              Great job on the gaming figures. I built some of the vehicles from Flames of War, but the figures are just too small for me. anything below 54mm scale I cant do anymore.
                              www.TSHobbies.com
                              Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                Nice work on the X-wing! I've got a 1/18 toy X-wing laying around that I bought to convert to a nice scale model. I can only hope that it turns out that nice!
                                That Hasbro is a ton of work. Lots of guys split the s foils open and scratch build the inner foils. Check RPF forum for results.

That Salzo speeder is awesome. I have been building his Xwings for years. I started at the v1 and have been building right up the the ver 3. He is getting ready to release a 4 this spring I think.
                                AMA 1102566

Comment

Some progress today. I had some bleed through with the green :(
                                  Attached Files
                                  AMA 1102566

Comment

Some new updates. Many might not realize just how much masking and cutting is involved with even a small model like this when you choose to airbrush details on. There are some water slides in use here but I wont tell if you dont ;)
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

Really nice paint work! "Red Five, standing by." :)

Comment

This is from a 1/48 Xwing I am working on now.
                                        Attached Files
                                        AMA 1102566

Comment

Also I had both of these in my spray both in a complete freak 3720:1 odd spray session. Anyone want to comment on why these two Items are significant? One is a 1/350 Sherman the other is a 1/48 rear xwing deck.
                                          Attached Files
                                          AMA 1102566

Comment

Working...
                                          X