X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing spacewalker

I built this one out of curiosity but what a surprise to me when it got in the air. Beautiful flight characteristics with just minor adjustments. The elevators are alittle tricky for a beginner but for the money it's a great second plane. Kids love it cuz it looks cool with the open cockpit.

Hi Cack82, would you please elaborate on the "minor adjustments" made to get the #Freewing Spacewalker flying how you like it?

I agree the open cockpit is neat. If I owned another one the pilot would get a long Snoopy style scarf.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

And a new paintjob to something like this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	791
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	63254
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Now that's a nice looking Spacewalker. Plenty of attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          And a new paintjob to something like this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	791
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	63254

Hey that's the smoke I'm needing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Hi Cack82, would you please elaborate on the "minor adjustments" made to get the #Freewing Spacewalker flying how you like it?

I agree the open cockpit is neat. If I owned another one the pilot would get a long Snoopy style scarf.
            I think you already know what the issues are as a plank owner. What I discovered was that it flew better with a stiffer wing (I reinforced with another carbon rod and glued the wings together)
            The other problem was the double elevator pushrod configuration. Getting those elevators level?
            They acted like ailerons for a few flights.....oooops
            That's really all.
            Like I said...it's one of my top five faves to fly now.

​​​​​​

Comment

I own 2 of them, one still in the box awaiting a paint job. Dang!... that is one nice paint job, Alpha! My old one is my warm up plane. I love the little guy. The only plane I can get into a flat inverted spin, on purpose! Beware of the over heating motor. I made the mistake of flying mine twice in a row. The motor mount melted in flight! Just barely got 'er in! I opened up the air inlets quite a bit. Very airobatic and looks good on low passes. I turned my pilots head (I do this on all my planes, makes them look alive) so he is looking at me on low passes. Doc

Comment

yes I like the little plane as well flies good and yes let that motor cool between flights. I did not and destroyed the motor the cowl and the firewall oops listens we learn the hard way.

Comment

The only change I made on mine, other than painting the white parts yellow and pinstriping, is the landing gear. The stock wire gear is weak. I replaced it with a one piece aluminum gear, drilled out for lightening and better spring. I also put larger low bounce wheels on it. What a difference! Doc

Comment

Thanks, Guys for the comments on this bird. i've been flying a smaller version for years and love it. i even built one completely with parts after they discontinued them. i have been looking at this one for a while and your discussions have inspired me to get one.

Comment

Working...
                    X