Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Branch Survey

Hello Squawk Pilots,
    I've always been intrigued as to the passion that inspired veterans to serve. Was it the result of early days with modeling?
    Am curious to see what branch had the largest influence regarding the RC airplane aspect of the modeling hobby amongst this forums contributors.
    The results of this poll is by no means rocket science but it will be really interesting to learn if the majority is from what may be perceived a branch with a high airframe focus.
    If your a veteran, please select the branch you served with.
    This is not limited to just US military branches since we have a world wide contributor base here.;) ie - Aussie Navy or British Airforce
    Thanks and best regards,
    NAVY
    30.23%
    MARINES
    9.30%
    AIR FORCE
    31.40%
    ARMY
    32.56%
    COAST GUARD
    1.16%
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Excellent Idea OV-10

Personally USMC 2/24 Weapons Co. 89-95
    Anti-Tank/Demolitions
    Desert Storm
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

You have my attention OV10.

US Army 1978-1998
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Air Force 1984-1991

As a kid I was (and still am ;)) fascinated by airplanes. I built just about every plastic model kit that was on the market back in those days. Joined the Air Force out of high school and did 6 years, 2 as a crewmember on an EC-130H Compass Call. I had dabbled in RC back when I was in High School, but band and other things got in the way of really getting into it. After I moved to Arizona in 2003, I was looking for a new hobby (moved from Florida and fishing had been my passion). Did some more plastic models, and a little treasure hunting with a metal detector, but then walked into a HobbyTown the day after Christmas 2005 looking for a new plastic model to build, and found an RC trainer complete for $120 (Firebird Commander II), and I've been hooked ever since.
        Pat

Comment

Air Force / Air National Guard 1969-1999

Retired Chief Master Sergeant
          Combat Engineer 69-77
          KC-135 In-Flight Refueler 77-99
          Gulf War and Bosnian Conflict

Comment

Air Force 1986-1992 Crew Chef C-141B 66-0166
            AMA 424553

Comment

USAF.....1961-1965.
              *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
              *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Very interesting as that brought back so many memories of my modeling days as a kid. Thanks OV-10! BTW, I could only vote once but I'm a dual hatted guy. USMCR A-4 Hydraulics Tech 1979-1984 and USAF Officer 1987-2010, Desert Shield/Storm/OIF.

Comment

Originally posted by buffetbob View Post
                  Very interesting as that brought back so many memories of my modeling days as a kid. Thanks OV-10! BTW, I could only vote once but I'm a dual hatted guy. USMCR A-4 Hydraulics Tech 1979-1984 and USAF Officer 1987-2010, Desert Shield/Storm/OIF.
                  I edited the voting criteria so that you can make multiple choices now...........totally forgot that there are vets that re-upped into a different branch
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

USAF............1970 - 1994 ( ICBM's )

Comment

US Navy 1988 - 1996 EA-6B NFO and then Submariner.

Comment

I am not a Veteran but just wanted to say I do not have the words to express my appreciation for those of you who are veterans or active duty. The service you have given to your country makes me proud to say I am an American. To all of you that may have given service to other countries I salute you as well. Not nearly enough people realize with out you we could not enjoy the life of freedom we take for granted. Again I wish I had the words to truly express how much I appreciate you.
                        THANK YOU

Comment

1985-2005 USAF Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic.

Comment

Army 78 - 82, surface to air missiles (Chaparral/Redeye/Stinger) WV Army Guard 82-87 photo journalist.

Comment

US Navy 1983-2013. Retired Master Chief Aircrewman. P-3C Orion's and S-3B Vikings, hunting Russian subs and kicking Butt for 30 years!

Comment

Just jumping in here to remind ya'll to go to post#1 and register(vote) the branch you served in before/after you make a posting of your branch/rank/year or any other memorable comments of your service.
                                I find it hard to believe that we only have 19 vets on this forum(that have voted) :Confused:

Warbird Charlie

Comment

USAF 1959-1965 Pilot F101B VOODOO Fighter/Interceptor

Comment

I guess we are the few ;-).....
                                    Thanks to ALL for your service.
                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

USMC 91'-97' 0311/8152

Semper Fi
                                      Sponsored by:

ADVOCARE

Comment

All gave some, some gave all. Remembering and honoring those who gave all in the defense of freedom.
                                        Pat

Comment

Working...
                                        X