X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Army; Air Defense Artillery...SP & Towed Vulcan 20mm AA rotary cannon / Stinger SAM missile system / Chaparral SAM system. 1982 - 1988 For the 'era', I mastered "bringing-em-down"...now I must master; "keeping-em-up", LOL! Regs & SALUTES to all my vet brothers & sisters out there! Don't forget to vote at the top of this thread per OV10.

Comment

Excellent another leatherneck! Welcome!
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

I'm late getting on this, but saw an opportunity to get the Marine count up. Couldn't help myself.

USMC 87-97, EA-6B pilot and T-45 Flight Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
          I'm late getting on this, but saw an opportunity to get the Marine count up. Couldn't help myself.

Ohhh...how I envy you SIR! Always wanted to be a "real - live - Jet jock"...but alas ...never could get all the planets to line up properly...almost got into the NAVY AVCAD program back in '87 with a waiver, passed all the 'tests', but during the final approval process, they kicked me down due to a ARMY service connected injury 3 years prior, for which I am now a retired DAV. I know I could have still 'cut - it' though! We Army ADA troops were trained and built TUFF! efffin flight surgeons and bureaucrats be damned! ...just kidding...NOT! LOL! Thank you for your service and all the high risk missions and duties you took on! You guys are truly...'Brave Men'! Hoo-yah!

Comment

Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Did you by any chance participate in a Green Flag exercise at Nellis back in June-July '90?
            Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
              Did you by any chance participate in a Green Flag exercise at Nellis back in June-July '90?
              I never got to play in a Green Flag. Always seemed to get caught up supporting MAWTS-1 training exercises at Yuma when we weren't deployed. June-July 90' I was actually still in the RAG Squadron, VAQ-129 at Whidbey Island.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktrooper View Post

Ohhh...how I envy you SIR! Always wanted to be a "real - live - Jet jock"...but alas ...never could get all the planets to line up properly...almost got into the NAVY AVCAD program back in '87 with a waiver, passed all the 'tests', but during the final approval process, they kicked me down due to a ARMY service connected injury 3 years prior, for which I am now a retired DAV. I know I could have still 'cut - it' though! We Army ADA troops were trained and built TUFF! efffin flight surgeons and bureaucrats be damned! ...just kidding...NOT! LOL! Thank you for your service and all the high risk missions and duties you took on! You guys are truly...'Brave Men'! Hoo-yah!
                Thanks shocktrooper! There were certainly a lot of hoops to jump through, planets to align, and medical witch hunts to get past. Still don't know how I made it, but I fooled them all!

Comment

Navy 1980-1984 AME2 on A-6 Intruders, Iranian Hostage Crisis, Grenada, and Beirut strikes
                  PA Air National Guard 171ARW 1987-2012 retired as the Fuel Systems Chief on KC-135 Stratotankers. Gulf War, GWOT

Having endured so many long deployments over the years, my heartfelt prayers go out to all the other service folks and their families during this holiday season as they struggle in our persuit of peace and freedom for all that crave it in this world.

Comment

US Army, 1983 till present
                    1983-1986 active duty as a 96H OV-1D tech observer served in Texas, Germany, and Korea.
                    1986-1987 reserves in HHD 3rd Batt 11th SF
                    1987-1990 IMA 15th MI Bn Ae
                    1990-1997 FLANG as an 11B Infantry C Co 1/124 Inf 53 Bde
                    1997-2003 reserves as a 91B 324 CSH
                    2003-2007 reserves 331st MCD 68W
                    2008-2009 Deployed 1SG C Co 345th CSH, Mosul Iraq
                    2009-present OC with the 75th Training Cmd

Been to Germany, Korea, Panama, Saudi, Kuwait, Iraq, Korea again, and Japan.

Planning on retiring in 2018

Comment

Student Pilot Warbird Lover - user name, majbiff,, gives it away USA not a pilot, a ground pounder for thirty-one years. I have just always loved aircraft began with plastic models when very young just started flying RC one year ago.

Comment

US Navy '74 / 79, VAQ-130, EA-6B Prowler, AMH, Plane Captain, Deployed USS Nimitz, USS Forrestal, and USS Independence. Would do it all again in a heartbeat
                        AMA 521691

Comment

Originally posted by Tom603 View Post
                          US Navy '74 / 79, VAQ-130, EA-6B Prowler, AMH, Plane Captain, Deployed USS Nimitz, USS Forrestal, and USS Independence. Would do it all again in a heartbeat
                          Hey Tom............Back on 6/11/15 in this post you told me about being with the Zappers and having the same 76 cruise book for the Nimitz but you never divulged your rating.
                          Now that I know you were an AMH, I starting looking at the cruise book and I think you are on page 235 with the initials T.H.W ;)

Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hey OV-10, When I was on the Nimitz, was my first cruise, at that time I was just an Airman, went to Millington Tn after the cruise to AMH school, my pic is on page 235, bottom left initials T.E.R. :Cool:
                            AMA 521691

Comment

I spent 7 years active on two submarines, USS Alexander Hamilton and USS Georgia. I served as a Nuclear trained Electricians Mate First Class. I installed, maintained and operated shipboard trainers installed at various training centers for 22 years. I eventually became a government service employee serving the Navy at the WNY in DC. I retired two years ago after providing 39 years of service to the Navy. I have been sworn in at least three times and have never been un-sworn. I will continue to provide support to this wonderful nation as I always have. Thanks to all those that have served before, during and since.

Comment

army/ 1964-1967 . I was a bus driver during the Vietnam conflict. The bus I drove was a UH1B. Drove bus for 1st AirCAV from camp H. donnie

Comment

I was born on Pariss island my mom and dad were USMC but I went Navy 87-91 and became a diesel mechanic on LCM 8 and 6 crafts in Italy.

Comment

US Army.. '81-'84.. 11B... 24th Infantry Division...
                                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

U.S. Army - '84-'90 185th Air Trans.
                                      Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

You guys are awesome!!
                                        Because of my deaf ear and screwed up back, I was robbed of my one dream of flying fighters. One of my best buddies in high school got the dream job of flight instructor in FA-18's in the CAF, envious still!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

Damn! That really sucks, Rifleman. I'm sure you would have been a great Apache pilot.

Comment

Working...
                                          X