X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle A3 channel assignment: Auto level problem

I bought a few of the Eagle A3 gyros (SKU: HEA3STND) to put in my 1450mm FMS birds and have run into a problem. Specifically, I put one in my FW-190 "red 8", which is a 6-channnel plane, and tried to set the Auto-Level function to channel 7. My retracts are on the gear switch, channel 5, and flaps are on the 3-way switch, channel 6. I tried assigning auto level to the trainer switch, like the Eflite Apprentice panic switch, where I am in normal mode when the switch is off and auto-level when the switch is held, but the gyro is not reacting appropriately. When I hold the trainer switch the plane kicks over on its side and it appears to want to hold a knife edge while in a descending spiral (best way I can describe it). In flight, the gyro seems to work well in normal mode, though it was a fairly calm day for wind when I tested it. I did check that the gyro initialized correctly, I set the install position as flat (default), and confirmed the mounting orientation was correct and I did the level calibration (function 9). Is my problem most likely that I am not connecting the gyro's MODE to channel 5 and GAIN to channel 6 as in the instructions? If so, why can't they be assigned to another open channel, especially since the instructions say using them is not mandatory?

Here is my setup:
    Turnigy 9x flashed to OpenTx, last stable build
    Frsky DJT module
    Frsky X8R Rx

Re: Eagle A3 channel assignment: Auto level problem

Okay guys, I managed to figure it out. For the benefit of anyone else in the future with this same issue, I had to switch the gyro from the default MODE 1 to MODE 2. That way, the trainer "panic" switch can be used for auto-balance. In MODE 1, for some reason, switch off is gyro normal mode and switch held on is auto hover while in MODE 2, switch held on is auto balance. It all works great now. I set the GAIN to Pot 3 so I can adjust it remotely and even turn it all the way down to disable the gyro if I choose.

Comment

Working...
    X