Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Videos are very clear, but need to watch them all - 3, I think.

Comment

Have the FW Alaska F16 70mm. Installed admiral rx6000. It would not activate surfaces after being bind. Took leads out of the blue collection box and went straight into receiver. This did work. So question is do I have to get y connections now for all surfaces or should it work out of the collection box. When I say collection box it’s where all the servo leads go in to eliminate y connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kferros View Post
        Have the FW Alaska F16 70mm. Installed admiral rx6000. It would not activate surfaces after being bind. Took leads out of the blue collection box and went straight into receiver. This did work. So question is do I have to get y connections now for all surfaces or should it work out of the collection box. When I say collection box it’s where all the servo leads go in to eliminate y connectors.
        There is no RX6000. Do you mean RX600 or RX600SP. These "junction" boxes sometimes uses only one or two common grounds. If you are talking about the RX600, it should work with the box as is. If it doesn't, then there is some sort of bad connection in the box. If you are talking about the SP, those limited common grounds can confuse a stabilizer and then, yes, you need to remove the servos from the box and use "Y's".

Comment

My experience with the admiral gyro was as such. I found the quick start menu slightly different in sitting up using a DX 8 transmitter. Just a heads up if your having problems. Using the quick start guide, I could not get the transmitter to talk to the gyro. The gyro was set up correctly. It works fine at this time.

Comment

Do the switches for rudder, elevator and aileron need to on for the gyro to function as such?

Comment

Originally posted by DougH View Post
              Do the switches for rudder, elevator and aileron need to on for the gyro to function as such?
              Watch the videos on UTube and flow the quick start guide.

Comment

Originally posted by DougH View Post
                Those switches are for control surface response direction. They can be ON or OFF, depending on which way the control surface needs to go. Gyro ON/OFF is a function of "mode".

Comment

Anyone have any experience setting up the gains?
                  Is there an in flight or static test to determine if any adjustment is needed?
                  Thanks,
                  Rick

Comment

Gain is a matter of trial and error. You start off on the bench with high gain so you can determine that you have the correct gyro response direction. Then you turn it way down till you can barely see any gyro response on the bench. Have the ability to turn the gyro on/off in the air. Start with it OFF, take off, trim the plane, then go up high and turn it ON, see what it does but be prepared to shut it OFF. If it's OK, speed it up to max throttle and airspeed. If it begins to oscillate, determine which axis is doing it, shut it OFF, slow down and land and reduce gain on that axis. If it doesn't oscillate at speed, next time you land, turn the gain up a little at a time till it does oscillate. Land and back it off a little to stop the oscillation. You should be set for the life of the plane unless you crash and damage the electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      Those switches are for control surface response direction. They can be ON or OFF, depending on which way the control surface needs to go. Gyro ON/OFF is a function of "mode".
                      You just saved my sanity!! ;-) I configured everything correctly but the stabilization was moving the rudder and elevator the wrong way, but ailerons were correct. I had no idea the on/off switches controlled the direction of stabilization! I thought they turned the stabilization for that axis on/off. I was going freaking nuts trying to figure it out and did not see that explanation anywhere. If I ever get to Calgary, I'll buy you a beer,

Comment

Originally posted by Denniswpb View Post

You just saved my sanity!! ;-) I configured everything correctly but the stabilization was moving the rudder and elevator the wrong way, but ailerons were correct. I had no idea the on/off switches controlled the direction of stabilization! I thought they turned the stabilization for that axis on/off. I was going freaking nuts trying to figure it out and did not see that explanation anywhere. If I ever get to Calgary, I'll buy you a beer,
                        ..........:Cool:

Comment

Reading through the previous threads, I might have a situation that for the life of me, I cannot correct.
                          I am not unfamiliar with the RX 600 having installed them in previous aircraft and most recently in my FMS PA-18 Cub, and this installation has worked flawlessly (Combo A).
                          My problem is with my FMS T-28D Trojan V4 just completed ;zero flights. The installed is brand new RX600 that was purchased at the same time as the one in the Cub.
                          OK, installation and subsequent programming (Combo A), programming of my DX7-Gen2 checked OK.
                          So the gyros are working and the corrections to the flight controls are correct.
                          However when I press the Bind/Trainer button (I), the receiver light remains green, and there is not any input to any of the flight controls regardless of the attitude of the aircraft.
                          So, in order to determine whether or not I have a receiver problem, I swapped out the receiver in the Cub, and installed it into the T-28... still no joy.
                          Would appreciate thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Florida View Post
                            So, in order to determine whether or not I have a receiver problem, I swapped out the receiver in the Cub, and installed it into the T-28... still no joy.
                            Just swapping out the RX may not necessarily give the desired results. ALL the settings and mixes for the T-28 model must be identical to what you've got for the Cub. If you have even one line in the settings that's different, the thing may not work the way it should. The T-28 and the Cub should have the same control surfaces (more or less), right? To do your experiment properly, swap the RX to the T-28 BUT operate it on the CUB model memory profile. Just make sure you do the standard control surface responses and gyro direction responses before you let it go into the air. It's possible that some of the control surfaces are reversed in the T-28 as well as the gyro response direction. If this works, then it tells me that NOT ALL of your settings and mixes are what they need to be for the T-28. Something is different. Now you can go back to the Cub programming in the TX and since you know it works the way you want, just copy it to the T-28 and rename it "T-28".

Comment

Thanks XViper .... Got a fix from a member of the RC Groups forum.
                              Suggested that I change "5" on the mix to a "-5", and it worked.
                              Have no idea why/how but I now get the red and green alternating light on the receiver when the "I" switch is depressed.

Comment

Hey all can I use the dxe transmitter that I got with a carbon cub s on the RX600SP?

Comment

Should be no problem. I would first set it up on Combo 1 with the "panic button" option first. Hold the airplane pointing downward and at a banking angle and then press and hold the panic button. This way you can absolutely see the position of the ailerons and elevator to ensure the gyro is correcting in the right direction. I would then change it to Combo 3 and assign an on/off switch. Once you ensure that flight control surfaces are moving in the correct direction, take off with the stabilization turned OFF. Get up high and the flip it ON and check it out. You can then adjust the gains as needed. A good starting point for all 3 is the 10 o'clock position. Of course, you will need the DXe program app.

Comment

Originally posted by 13dyna View Post
                                    Hey all can I use the dxe transmitter that I got with a carbon cub s on the RX600SP?
                                    It will work...but I wound up buying a DX6 to program the switch. I don’t think I was able to get the switch program on the DXe, despite trying several workarounds and the using the program app on an iPad.
                                    I have never used the recovery mode at all, only the stabilization- and only occasional with that. While it is in a Cub and the same size as the S+, it weighs half what the foam plane does. Had to dial the rates way back to about 25%.
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	07604694-9425-4261-93E6-D72433AD91EE.jpeg
Views:	466
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	237730

Comment

Denniswpb
                                      Thanks for the info! I got the cable and will try any figure that out... I see you are in rock hill... I’m in concord

Comment

I have a Spektrum DX6 transmitter with an Admiral RX 700T 6/7 receiver.
                                        Can I add a A3-L V2 gyro using a "Y" connector . One end of Y into mode port, gear lead into other end of Y branch with the single lead into the gear port on receiver.
                                        When gear is "down", gyro is on. Gear is "up" gyro is off. Just checking if this can be done with a 6 channel transmitter.
                                        Will be used in the F4U-1A 1600mm Corsair.

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
                                          I have a Spektrum DX6 transmitter with an Admiral RX 700T 6/7 receiver.
                                          Can I add a A3-L V2 gyro using a "Y" connector . One end of Y into mode port, gear lead into other end of Y branch with the single lead into the gear port on receiver.
                                          When gear is "down", gyro is on. Gear is "up" gyro is off. Just checking if this can be done with a 6 channel transmitter.
                                          Will be used in the F4U-1A 1600mm Corsair.
                                          Hello John and welcome to the Squawk.
                                          Your questions logic is sound and should work.
                                          The only possible concern that I can think of (because I haven't actually verified that set up) is whether the gyro turns on with gear down and off when up or vise versa.
                                          If the case should be vise versa, will the reverse servo selection in the servo setup of the Tx correct that?
                                          Just as a FYI for future forum postings, this posting really should have had it's own thread initiated because it really had nothing to do with the RX600.
                                          It is more about the A3-L gyro, as a forum moderator we'll let it slide as long as you don't continue to perpetuate this topic here.
                                          If you would like to create a separate thread, I can do that for you titled as "A3-L V2 gyro using a "Y" connector to gear channel"
                                          Best regards,
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X