X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunCam 2

I just had a chance to use the RunCam2 I got to replace a Mobius I had for four years . The picture I think is better than the Mobius granted mine was a older version . The biggest complaint I have is the low volume it has . I noticed on the videos I did flying today I needed to turn the volume up on my computer to hear get any sound out of it . There is some just very low , anyone else noticed this ?? It does have the latest firmware I double checked that prior to going out .

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Make sure the mic hole isn't blocked or anything. Could be a bit of something lodged in it you may have missed.

Comment

The volume is really low on the Runcam. I have not figured out how to increase it.

I like being able to change settings easily through the phone app. But I think the Mobius does a better job at white balance.
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Guy on RCG classified is selling them for 69.00 shipped.Bought a grey version. Then bought a micro as at Best Buy. Now looking at how to setup. Just charge it up and go fly ?
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

No. You need to download the app to your phone, then set up the camera properly. You can change field of view, white balance, switch to photo mode, etc.
          A good glance a the directions wouldn't hurt. I also updated the firmware on my camera before doing anything. And put in a good sd card.

At the field, you can also view your videos and download them to your phone through the wifi feature. However, that drains the camera battery pretty darn fast. I use a phone car charger to keep my camera charged.
          When my camera battery gets low, it displays a solid blue light and will not start filming nor switch on wifi. That's how you know it needs a charge.
          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I did the download and made sure of all the settings . Got in touch with customer service and here are the correspondence ,,,,,,

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
            Your request(Ticket ID: 33751) has been updated. To add additional comments, please reply to this email.
            RunCam Support (Customer Services)
            Jan 23, 14:10 CST
            Sorry about this case.

RC fanatics pay more attention to a camera's image quality, latency and field of view. Could you please forget about the audio issue? We would like to offer 8 dollars coupon discount as a compensation.
            Bryan Rhonda
            Jan 23, 06:15 CST
            I have checked and the Audio is on . You can hear it in the video you watched you just need turn it up , way up ! I don’t want any money back but a simple offer to exchange would be nice . Even check it before you send out to be sure it works . But that hasn’t been offered just things to do and try . I do understand that and have done them . RC Groups people are talking of replacing the Mic because of this issue . Not worth the hassle to me .

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
            Jan 22, 11:42 CST
            If the problem is confirmed to be with the MIC part, we will offer a compensation.

So we need your cooperation to check the setting first.

We didn't mean to trick on you.

But if you feel it is troublesome, we respect your choice.
            Bryan Rhonda
            Jan 20, 19:45 CST
            I’ve done everything you have requested . The camera has a nice picture but low volume . This I am finding is a know fact because I have read on different sites of people having the same issue . I feel confident in saying you were aware of it also . Thank you for trying but I am done with it . I will be replacing it with something better . We have been corresponding now for close to three weeks .

Jan 19, 18:27 CST
            Thanks for your feedback.

First of all, please refer to: What parameters can be set on App or OSD? to check the setting of your camera to make sure the audio function is turned on.
            If it is on,then please speak close to the MIC and record down and send us the video.
            Please also show us HD pictures of the MIC part and all angles of your camera.
            Bryan Rhonda
            Jan 19, 18:07 CST
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Jan 18, 11:17 CST
            Sorry for that I cannot find it when I check with the link you provided..

Could you please try to upload it to youtube and send us the link?
            Bryan Rhonda
            Jan 17, 19:14 CST
            https://www.dropbox.com/h?role=personal I hope this works , thank you

Bryan
            Jan 11, 16:01 CST
            You can update your video to drop box or google account and send us here just the link. Thanks.
            Bryan Rhonda
            Jan 11, 15:38 CST
            I was unable to send you the video you requested because I wasn’t able to downsize it enough to send . I have also discussed with others who have the same issue . https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/el...10357-runcam-2

Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:02 PM
            To: Bryan Rhonda
            Subject: Re: Low volume
            December 28, 2017, 11:33 CST
            Can you show us a raw video to judge how low exactly the volume is?
            Bryan Rhonda
            December 28, 2017, 02:52 CST
            I recently bought the RunCam2 and it has a great picture but the volume is low . I read on your website to try launching with the App , not sure what that is . Can you help with the volume issue ?

Thank You
            Bryan

I must add that when I purchased this MRC was out and it came thru Amazon

Bryan
            But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I just set mine up yesterday. I have been using Mobius for the past couple years. I really liked my Mobius but wanted to try these RunCams. Found the lack of step-by-step instruction a bit of a bummer. I can see the value in the app but I prefer an easy app where I can configure every parameter easily from my PC like you can with the Mobius. With this app on my phone I can't seem to find all the settings, just a few. Doesn't seem very intuitive. I also notice my volume is very, very low. I don't see where to increase that. So far I am not impressed with the app nor the instructions. However, the video quality is fantastic, and that is really the main reason I wanted to give it a try. I will really get a feel for it once I put it on a model and give it the ol' flight test.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Has anyone found a answer for the low volume issue?

Bryan
                But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Hey Bryan, I haven't had an issue with the volume since I set it up. Still not crazy with the smartphone app. Mobius has them beat with a much easier software config.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                    I just set mine up yesterday. I have been using Mobius for the past couple years. I really liked my Mobius but wanted to try these RunCams. Found the lack of step-by-step instruction a bit of a bummer. I can see the value in the app but I prefer an easy app where I can configure every parameter easily from my PC like you can with the Mobius. With this app on my phone I can't seem to find all the settings, just a few. Doesn't seem very intuitive. I also notice my volume is very, very low. I don't see where to increase that. So far I am not impressed with the app nor the instructions. However, the video quality is fantastic, and that is really the main reason I wanted to give it a try. I will really get a feel for it once I put it on a model and give it the ol' flight test.
                    Mine seems Ok all around - but yes, audio could use some improvement. Seems to be louder on iPad on direct download but gets reduced in ‘’transit’’

Comment

Working...
                    X