Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the CenterBurner Simulated Afterburner Light System

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce the new CenterBurner simulated afterburner system is now available! This whole concept was conceived by my friend Air-Jon and working with him, we've been able to make these available on a production basis. The first option available is for the Freewing 80mm EDF with OutRunner motor. More options are in work starting with a universal/inrunner design at 80mm (final design is only weeks away) followed by some 90mm options (hopefully ready by the time the FW F-4 hits the streets ). The intention is to eventually cover ranges from 70mm up to 120mm, but all in due time.

The system is available at thercgeek.com/3dparts

Chris
    http://thercgeek.com
    http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Here are a few pictures.

Comment

Any plan to put a clear "cone" over the back end to further reduce the turbulence? (and possibley improve flow vs without the center-burner)

That is already obviously an improvement vs making a step in the flow path as done with most LED AB rings.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Awesome Chris. I love the design of this CB with the circuit board and the way it snaps into the housing. In all honesty, how much bigger would the circuit board/LED's really need to be for a 90? Make an adapter to fit a 90 but use the same circuit board. The difference in motor sizes between the two fans is only a couple mm's. I will be checking the housings themselves tonight.

Comment

I have been waiting for these since Air-Jon first started developing them. I ordered 3 for my F-5 and Mig-21, and 1 spare. Will probably be getting another to put it my F-14 with the spare, but I didn't want to hog them all right at the beginning. :)
          Pat

Comment

I’d love to see how it eventually could be designed for inrunner power systems such as the popular Jetfan 80 and 90 (and larger).

Such a great idea and much respect for the design!

Comment

Super cool! I am GEEKING OUT! I'll get a 90mm from you later.... like RCjetdude said, I can't imagine it would be much different, but I'll be patient.
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Watched the video last night. Looks a lot better than the annular designs. Good work! Looking forward to the availability of the70mm version. :Cool:

Comment

Just went from 6 to midnight. This thing is a game changer for the scale guys out there!

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                    Any plan to put a clear "cone" over the back end to further reduce the turbulence? (and possibley improve flow vs without the center-burner)

That is already obviously an improvement vs making a step in the flow path as done with most LED AB rings.
                    Possibly a heat issue there

Comment

Hope Chris and Jon don't mind me posting up a few more photos? Recvd mine today!

Comment

Chris. are you accepting pre-orders for the next batch?
                        I believe my MiG-21 will "need" one of these... :)

Comment

I'm interested in one as well for the Avanti, let us all know when they're back in stock, can't wait to help make you a millionaire:)

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

I tried to place an order yesterday and could not find a pre order template.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback! We have the 80mm inrunner design ready, so should have those available in this next batch and then the 90mm are in work.

The next batch should be available later this week, or early next. Will post when they're available.

Chris

Comment

Whats the price on the 80 mm Chris?

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Speaking of hogs....anyone going for a set in the FW
                                  A10 ?

Comment

Got to hav one let me know when
                                    thanks Doug

Comment

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the A-10 does not have afterburners.

Comment

Would just be for the glow effect....they don't.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                                        X