First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AB effect on the A4 in flight :)

Comment

Originally posted by C17loadmaster
      I appear to have an issue. I have had my F-14 sitting for months and tonight I decided to make sure it was ready to fly tomorrow. When I plugged the lipo into the plane the afterburners flickered for about 10 seconds and now they don’t work at all. The only difference from last time I powered it on is the transmitter. The UBEC is set to 7.4 volts and the centerburner controller appears to be working yet they do not light up at any throttle setting. Am I missing something? I know how to set them up... I don’t know What the issue is
      Have you tried powering the AB controller directly by a 2S LiPo instead of powering it via the flight pack LiPo through the UBEC? That may eliminate a variable to see if it may be the controller or something else.

Comment

Yeah I had them powered by a 2s 300mah before I got the UBEC.

Comment

Do they power up with a 2S LiPo now just like it used to be before the UBEC set-up?

Comment

No, it wasn’t a power supply issue. They have taken care of by the RCGEEK!

Comment

Nice! These AB’s are the best looking ones on the market.

Comment

I absolutely agree! I put them in my favorite planes that don’t come with the AB already installed.

Comment

The AB’s on the F-14 is an absolute must have :).

Comment

This system was designed specifically keeping the F-14 in mind. Hard to beat that twin glow! Also, we're just about ready on the new freewing 9blade tailcone (A-10 and G2 Mirage 2000 fan). Should be available as an option next week. I'll be printing up the tailcones this week.

Chris
                    http://thercgeek.com
                    http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

How many of ya'll with these are putting down foil or reflective chrome paint in the exhaust walls to accentuate the brightness? I did it on my first 90mm F-22 (the one that decided to say hello to a light pole) but haven't on my second. Just curious as it does seem to help, especially in the daylight hours.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I added aluminum tape on my Mig-21 and F-4J but not my F-22. Not planning to do it on my F-18 but always subject to change without notice.

Comment

Yes... its a noticeable difference. I tried getting away with painting the exhaust (from fan to nozzle) with gloss metal spray paint on my F-15 and it wasn't nearly as bright at daytime. They're still awesome all on their own... but the bright glow with the tape is unbeatable. Especially on takeoff at dusk

:Cool:

Comment

Silver-aluminum painting the eflux for appx 4 inches into the airplane even for planes without the LED system, because it just looks better.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Agreed for some... a the majority of fighters afterburners are charred black and or white. I painted my F-22 to look sorta scale. About an inch in the nozzles the tape starts

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                How many of ya'll with these are putting down foil or reflective chrome paint in the exhaust walls to accentuate the brightness? I did it on my first 90mm F-22 (the one that decided to say hello to a light pole) but haven't on my second. Just curious as it does seem to help, especially in the daylight hours.
                                LOLLOL
                                You'd have laughed at Nefi last year!! I had put aluminum colored duct tape in my Avanti. Went to take off and immediately killed the throttle because of a weird noise. Turns out that the EDF was blowing the tape right off the fuse!! Reached in and removed it and all was well.:P

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Yesterday evening... showing the tape in the F-22. Sorry for the quality... apparently iPhone 6 has a terrible camera. My flying field is the #1 fairway via a one minute golf cart ride away ;)

Click image for larger version  Name:	853C695D-4720-4235-A951-090187CD7B61.png Views:	0 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	197597

Comment

Nice! :Cool:
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Just want to say nothing makes me happier when shooting video at a show than seeing one of our models with an afterburner in it. There were a ton at Joe Nall and it made for some nice shots. https://giphy.com/gifs/lNS477kd7taIenymV7

Comment

That's such a cool gif right there! I loved the Nall coverage from Motion, looked like such a fun time!
                                        Click image for larger versionName:	giphy.gifViews:	0Size:	18.4 KBID:	199454
                                        http://thercgeek.com
                                        http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

Originally posted by The RC Geek View Post
                                          That's such a cool gif right there! I loved the Nall coverage from Motion, looked like such a fun time!
                                          Click image for larger versionName:	giphy.gifViews:	0Size:	18.4 KBID:	199454
                                          Chris, it would be awesome if you could make it there sometime.

Comment

Working...
                                          X