X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• continuous blinking red light

I just purchased an A3 had it installed and everything was working great.  Now when I install the battery I get nothing but blinking red lights. The plane does not respond to my Transmitter at all. I've checked all connections to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated.

RE: continuous blinking red light

You need to re-set the gyro. Go the support section on the A3 and you will find a PDF file. Look at the bottom of the very last page to how to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt Kirk
      I just purchased an A3 had it installed and everything was working great.  Now when I install the battery I get nothing but blinking red lights. The plane does not respond to my Transmitter at all. I've checked all connections to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated.
      Back up your tx from plane 5 feet, It happened to me. Tx to close

Comment

I thank you all for responding....however after resetting serveral dozen times and moving the Tx I still end up with flashing red light with no action from transmitter to plane.
        When I disconnect the A3 and just use the Spektrum receiver everything is A-OK.

Comment

You have a bad A3 sounds like it. Contact MRC customer service and they will take care of you.

Comment

It could be that the 3 position switch for the on, off, and 3d has not been set up on your transmitter. I had this same problem until I set up the 3 position switch on the transmitter. Let us know.
            Bill

Comment

Take a real close look at the wiring diagram and make sure everything is correct. It's easy to get it turned around. One other thing is after you verify everything is correct try one wire at a time flipping the wire's polarity. I had a backwards wire once that when I flipped it all went well. Until then however I had the same problem as you describe.

Comment

I am sorry for not responding sooner but I have been on vacation. I have done all those things, but the last one about flipping, I will try that tomorrow.... I even have received a new A3 from Motion RC and same thing happens. I even tried on another plane same problem. Stay tuned for more follow up.

Comment

OK I tried to do the flip as Ryan suggested but to no avail (assuming I did it right...only flip the 3 wires that run from A3 to RX and do I flip the whole wire or just one end) I also move the transmitter about 20 feet away NO HELP. I tried resetting A3, but same problem.
                  WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? Besides me. What haven't I done.....change RX's on both planes
                  and thanks for all your help
                  Bob

Comment

Are you using the A3L?  If so, this one is easy to set up. I am using it on a 14SG Futaba radio and have no problems.  What type radio are you using and receiver type?  Perhaps I can help you.  Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt Kirk
                      OK  I tried to do the flip as Ryan suggested but to no avail (assuming I did it right...only flip the 3 wires that run from A3 to RX and do I flip the whole wire or just one end) I also move the transmitter about 20 feet away NO HELP.   I tried resetting A3, but same problem.
                      WHAT IS MY PROBLEM?   Besides me.   What haven't I done.....change RX's  on both planes
                      and thanks for all your help
                      Bob
                      Make sure the servos in the plane plug into the outs. This is where it's easy to mess it up. Plug IN to the OUTS from the plane. The aileron y connector in the plane will plug into Out1, Elevator Out2, Rudder Out 3. 

The Four Leads provided with the gyro then go from the gyro to the rx. Not trying to beat a dead horse but it truly was a head smacker for me once I realized what I had done.

Ryan

Comment

If you could send me a picture of how you have things set up, I am almost certain I can help you. All I need to see is how you have the leads connected to the A3L, especially how you have the rudder, elevator and ailerons connected to the gyro. This would be OUTS 1, 2, and 3 as shown on page 1 of the manual. This is the key to the whole setup. The red light will blink if this is setup wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix
                          If you could send me a picture of how you have things set up, I am almost certain I can help you.  All I need to see is how you have the leads connected to the A3L, especially how you have the rudder, elevator and ailerons connected to the gyro.  This would be OUTS 1, 2, and 3 as shown on page 1 of the manual. This is the key to the whole setup.  The red light will blink if this is setup wrong.
                          [hr]
                          If you could send me a picture of how you have things set up, I am almost certain I can help you.  All I need to see is how you have the leads connected to the A3L, especially how you have the rudder, elevator and ailerons connected to the gyro.  This would be OUTS 1, 2, and 3 as shown on page 1 of the manual. This is the key to the whole setup.  The red light will blink if this is setup wrong.
                          Here is a photo of setup Thanks for looking
                          Attached Files

Comment

You have it set up wrong from what I can tell. Out puts 1, 2, and 3 are connected directly to the servos and not to the receiver. Connect the servo rudder wire to output 3; take the elevator servo wire and connect to out 2,and take the aileron servo wire and connect to output 1. These are the wires that comes directly form the servos. You have these wires connected to the receiver. This way your gyro will not work.
                            [hr]
                            You have it set up wrong from what I can tell. Out puts 1, 2, and 3 are connected directly to the servos and not to the receiver. Connect the servo rudder wire to output 3; take the elevator servo wire and connect to out 2,and take the aileron servo wire and connect to output 1. These are the wires that comes directly form the servos. You have these wires connected to the receiver. This way your gyro will not work.

Comment

You have it set up wrong from what I can tell.  Out puts 1, 2, and 3 are connected directly to the servos and not to the receiver.  Connect the servo rudder wire to output 3; take the elevator servo wire and connect to out 2,and take the aileron servo wire and connect to output 1.  These are the wires that comes directly form the servos.  You have these wires connected to the receiver.  This way your gyro will not work.

[hr]
                              [hr]
                              OMG. What a dumb S#%T I am embarassed!

Thank you Pheonix.

Comment

You have it set up wrong from what I can tell.  Out puts 1, 2, and 3 are connected directly to the servos and not to the receiver.  Connect the servo rudder wire to output 3; take the elevator servo wire and connect to out 2,and take the aileron servo wire and connect to output 1.  These are the wires that comes directly form the servos.  You have these wires connected to the receiver.  This way your gyro will not work.

[hr]
                                [hr]
                                OMG.  What a dumb S#%T  I am embarrassed!

Thank you Phoenix.
                                No problem.  It should work now.

Comment

Working...
                                X