X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting

I am looking for lighting for my Rebel. Can you guys tell me your thoughts on this setup?
    The GT Power flight lighting system gives lighting that matches airline and military aircraft systems.

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

You can pay half the price and buy it from MotionRC

GT Power Customizable Aircraft Lighting System - GTPAIRLED Add realism and scale appearance to any airplane or helicopter with this customizable aircraft LED lighting system. In addition to giving your aircraft a scale appearance, these bright LEDs make it easy to fly your aircraft in low light conditions. Suitable for

I bought these for my airliner project. I wouldn't consider these "day-bright" LEDs but should be ok during cloudy or dusk/dawn flying. If you want nice bright LEDs visible during the day, check out these below ones. Though they take up more space due to the heatsinks and might ruin the look on your plane.

High Power 3W Aircraft Lighting System from GT Power - GTPHPAIRLED This RC LED lighting system simulates the LED lights of aircraft. It is easy to install and operate. Features: Simulates the realistic lighting of real aircraft Low voltage detection, when the battery voltage is lower than 6.8V, all lights flash 8 light

Comment

I've only ever used the FW light controller and assorted lights and am pretty happy with them. The 5W landing lights will light a small village at night!! They are pretty easy to program and have been bullet proof so far.
      Freewing LED Light Controller and LED Light Set Type A This LED Light bundle includes: Freewing LED Light Controller V3 Dual 5W LED landing lights with cover One 5W LED light with cover Four standard navigation LEDs

Comment

I think I am gonna give this one a try. Is it a big deal to fish the wires through and into the wing tips?

Thanks guys.

EAA# 1366802
        AMA# 631508

Comment

Hi, so the set we sell I love them allot much brighter and can change the flashing using a switch on your radio. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...m-gtpnavairled
          if you want super high bright lights to get these https://www.motionrc.com/collections...em-gtphpairled.
          You will need a 2's lipo or I use a voltage regulator. I can see them crossing the sun very very bright. Oh, you can change the flashes as well by a switch.

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
            Hi, so the set we sell I love them allot much brighter and can change the flashing using a switch on your radio. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...m-gtpnavairled
            if you want super high bright lights to get these https://www.motionrc.com/collections...em-gtphpairled.
            You will need a 2's lipo or I use a voltage regulator. I can see them crossing the sun very very bright. Oh, you can change the flashes as well by a switch.
            Thanks Brad. I like these alot: m-gtpnavairled. I will get those ordered today.

EAA# 1366802
            AMA# 631508

Comment

Can you guys please tell me the best way to install the wingtip lights? Should I use my soldering iron and make a slot on the underside of the wing to lay the wires in? I'm new to the EDF foam plane scene.

EAA# 1366802
              AMA# 631508

Comment

what voltage regulators are you guys using? Rather have a small battery to power it than power off my battery...but less runtime for less weight.
                Planes
                -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
                  Can you guys please tell me the best way to install the wingtip lights? Should I use my soldering iron and make a slot on the underside of the wing to lay the wires in? I'm new to the EDF foam plane scene.
                  Just cut a slit in the foam with a sharp hobby knife ~
                  You should be able to carefully push the wire down into the foam with the edge of a small plastic spatula or small flat-tip screwdriver.

If done carefully, in many cases you won't even need to fill in the slit the wires are in -
                  The foam will tend to close around the wire and hold it in place.
                  If touch up is needed, a little bit of foam filler and touch-up paint works wonders.:Cool:

Comment

Chief58D 's advise is the best and DO NOT USE A SOLDERING IRON cause you'll end up with a sloppy melted trench in the foam
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Got it, thanks guys. Here she is all done up. It was easier than I thought!

EAA# 1366802
                      AMA# 631508

Comment

Question about the GT Power High Power 3W Aircraft Lighting System

The system has an on/off switch and a signal switch to activate the lights remotely.
                        I don't have a free channel to do the remote switching but just sing the on/off switch is hit or miss if they light up. I'm guessing the system is looking for a cue from the signal wire.

Is there a way to bypass the signal wire and just use the on/off switch?
                        Thanks!

Comment

Hi, can you recommend any lighting setups for the billings calypso

Comment

Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
                            With a little planning it's quite easy and adds a lot to the model.

Ideally, and if you can use the same channels already cut for flap and aileron, you'll save yourself a lot of work. When there are no channels, look for handy panel lines to disguise your wiring. I would also recommend kit bashing parts for lights and lenses. The Blue Box, (also a handy spare part if you need it) has all the you need for strobes or landing lights.etc.

For example, I added wingtip navigation lights on my Freezing T33
                            The lights came from the L39 spare parts, as did the plastic lens covers. Other planes I've modified have used parts from the A10 and other models from several manufacturers. The point is if someone has done it already, don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Basically I carefully routed and cut out the foam for the lens on the the wingtip tank, then soldered up the LEDs to extensions and inserted all into the wingtip tank so that the wires came out where the tank meets the wing mount. Foamtac or canopy glue secures the lens in place.

Then, I used a drill to bore through the plastic end cap where the wing tanks attach. I then cut a small square of foam out of the wing at the end of a panel line. I saved the cutout to plug the hole later. Then using a sharp xacto or thin razor saw cut a shallow cut following the panel line until it met with the trench already in place for the ailerons. I then routed the wire from the tank through the bore hole and up outside of the wing at the square hole and pressed it into the cut along the panel line and into the preexisting wire channel. When everything was in place, I glued the plug back in, and it was done.

A little paint, weathering and you cannot tell it is there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211004_132203_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.9 KB ID:	330192

Comment

I have a question using the Freewing Light Controller on a E-Flite Carbon-Z T28 and am using a light kit from a Freewing F-15, the landing light snaps right on to the front stock landing gear, and will use the strobes on the fuselage, but the landing light works only with the gear up. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Comment

Originally posted by ken.swa@outlook.com View Post
                                I have a question using the Freewing Light Controller on a E-Flite Carbon-Z T28 and am using a light kit from a Freewing F-15, the landing light snaps right on to the front stock landing gear, and will use the strobes on the fuselage, but the landing light works only with the gear up. Does anyone know how to correct this?
                                I came across this problem using the xwave gear on an arg with the tigercat box.

Essentially the blue box and freezing gear are set up opposite of everyone else. I ended up using an electronic switch and mixing the landing lights with the gear.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, since it is only a 6 channel AS3X receiver, I used a y cable out of the flap channel for the light controller and now when i use landing flaps, the light comes on. I have 10 channel radio, I could only use the 6 channels if i am correct.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	32F17CCC-E624-4409-9D9B-F59C700FBB3A.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	333427 So, I added lights from 3 models, light covers and lights from a T45 for top and bottom strobes, landing light from an F-15 and wingtip lights from an old FMS Cessna 182. Came out pretty cool. Click image for larger version

Name:	BEA18BBC-3186-4CC8-ABB4-A09ED4FF65E4.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	333426

Comment

Working...
                                    X