X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby eagle A3S3 Gains. Help please

I would be grateful for some help with gains. I will be fitting these into warbirds and will use normal, gyro off, auto level and trainer modes

what is a good starting point for gains?

I do understand the text in manual correctly. the explanation for Atti gain is the higher the value the faster the model will move around that axis until it reaches the limit?

I don't use this gyro so I don't understand what you're asking in the last sentence (Atti gain?). However, insofar as gains are concerned for any HobbyEagle, start with around 25% and increase by 2 or 3% until the plane starts to oscillate at high speed, then back it off to the last setting when it didn't oscillate. I don't know if you can do gain adjustment via a rotary knob while flying but that's the best way. If you can't, then you have to adjust the gain each time you land.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      I don't use this gyro so I don't understand what you're asking in the last sentence (Atti gain?). However, insofar as gains are concerned for any HobbyEagle, start with around 25% and increase by 2 or 3% until the plane starts to oscillate at high speed, then back it off to the last setting when it didn't oscillate. I don't know if you can do gain adjustment via a rotary knob while flying but that's the best way. If you can't, then you have to adjust the gain each time you land.
      Thanks Atti Gain is a gain that is only valid in trainer mode

Thanks for the info I will give it a go

Comment

Working...
      X