Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I hate this predictive wording thing a majigiddy on this phone. It changes things. Anybody know how to turn it off.
    Dewey l

Comment

Meant reboute.
      Dewey l

Comment

I am on Real Flight 7.5. We should try to set up a time for some multiplayer fun and just hang out, if yall dont already do that.

Comment

That's a great idea! I'm pretty open today if you're up for it?
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I am off and on it throughout the day. But if we want to try to setup a time where we can all fly or just have someone make a room whenever they get on, that'll be cool.

Comment

That would be really cool! Weekends are a bit more relaxed for me...We'll have to give it a go one of these weekends soon...
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Just started using the RF7.5 and love it. Finally got passed crashing and now working on perfect landings. So far so good. I get antsy but having a great time learning. Mostly using the trainers. Hoping to find upgrades on the different electric planes I am looking at getting but either way have a great time.
                Sponsored by:

ADVOCARE

Comment

Good for you saint! Keep at it and before you know it you will be flying the big girls and jets with ease! It's so awesome to progress in the hobby. Totally rewarding and it directly translates to the real thing. Sounds like you are going about it the right way. Good on ya! Keep it up, that stick time you put in now, translates to muscle memory down the road.
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I got RF7.5 and really like it, I've crashed 3 or 400 P51s...but I flew for over an hour today without crashing while taking off and landing. It really helps.
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I run Realflight 7.5. I am happy with it for the most part. The graphics engine on it is getting a bit long in the tooth . Though that is not all bad as it means that a larger group of people will have a computer capable of running it. I have seen video of Phoenix but never used it, so can't make a comparison.
                      It is always good for the end user that there is more than one choice. Competition keeps them from stagnation.
                      I'd love to see a whole new engine for Realflight 8 better lighting and shaders would help with depth perception. Looking at things like World of Warplanes or other similar games really demonstrates how far behind the curve our simulators are.
                      Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
                      R. A. Heinlein

Comment

For now I am using Leo's flight, RF, PicaSim Free and Absolute RC plane simulator apps. Started with the default basic settings, flying assistance, etc, and then little by little into realistic mode.
                        In advanced settings set the motor to lots of power, and then do the same thing, less power. Set it to gusty days, turn off the little camera window, and no zoom, so it becomes a tiny dot on the screen.
                        So far working on figure 8s, flying it out and attempting to fly it back over me, back and forth, then left and right circles. Mixed up with the different apps, gives me a more loose feel of sim flying and not getting stock with one type of physics.

Waiting on the mail for a sim with 6-channel tx.

Of course is not the same thing, but I have noticed some progress. Its difficult for me to fly with sticks, been driving RC cars with a pistol grip, and feels as if I am back to the stone age with stick tx.

Comment

Keep at it, yeah it's a whole entire different thing from cars to planes, that's for sure. I always get a kick out of accomplished pilots who fly the real thing whether it's jets, commercial or civil, no matter how many hundreds or even thousands of hours they have, they too are reduced to the rest of us just trying to figure the sticks out and not crash these models, lol.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I recently acquired Real Flight, Phoenix and AeroFly Professional Deluxe.

Dont have a real rc airplane yet. Of course it is not the same as the real thing, but for someone who has driven rc cars with pistol grip it sure does help get back to sticks.

of all I would say Real Flight, altough sometimes I think its too easy/perfect regardless of the wind, turbulence settings.

To get the "in control" and used to panic flying, AeroFly has more of that drifting and sudden air current feel.

With Aerofly I have more trim of the controller, in percentage, and thats something Real Flight does not have. I can taylor the controller and flying characteristics to make it easier, harder, smoother compared to all others. AF does not have a lot of variety and not the best graphics, but overall to me the customization is a plus.

And I honestly want a nitro rc airplane, always had nitro rc cars. Have built a few balsa tunnel boats, and Estes rockets, so possibly make a kit.

Comment

Best of luck with the flying then crank. I warn you, its waaay addictive. ;)

Comment

Welcome crankestein! You can really learn a lot on the simulator so good on ya for that. I have found I tend to fly AeroFly now more than Real Flight. RF is good for sure, but AF is more realistic with some way cool features that RF doesn't have. Although nothing beats the real thing, the flight dynamics and graphic engines these modern RC sims display is damn impressive. When you can take off, fly and land without crashing most of the time, you're ready for a trainer. We have a lot to choose from and there are some great ones for getting your feet wet. Good luck!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

For the last few days decided to try PhoenixRC version 5.0.

Amazing all the available settings, IMO, more powerful than AeroFly and Real Flight. Its great to change center of gravity, weight, scale, engine sound, pitch, roll, epa, max rpm, you name it. So I spent days setting them up, all kinds of formats some much easier and others challenging enough, and then attempt to fly, land with different weather patterns. So decided to "upgrade" and all my saved plane settings are gone, rrgh, unless they are hiding somewhere within the C: drive.

I go to Youtube and see the flying characteristics of most common beginner and intermediate level planes, and then go back to the sim and attempt to copy the flying behavior. To me, 5.5 killed that realistic feel a little bit, it is now too soft and borderline mechanical. I may uninstall or revert back to 5.0 which seemed to me much smoother.

Comment

Working...
                                  X