X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Light Strips

Can someone off suggestions on adding LED light strips to a plane? Never done anything like this before but interested in doing it to have something available for a night fly. Everything I'm seeing on Motion seems to be landing or nav lights. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bellke great modification idea. Most LED light strips you can get online are 12v, so a 3S battery will power those fine. If I were doing this, I'd just strip back the connectors, add lengths of +/- wiring between the strips to wherever you're mounting the light strips. I figure hot glue or CA would hold the strips on your airframe. If you don't want to add a 3S battery pack, you can use your flight pack by tapping into the the positive connector on the cell 3 counting in from the main positive connector lead to the ESC. Make sense? good luck, post pictures. Best LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Brighter lights tend to blur the dimmer lights, so do some testing to make sure all of your light sources are visible before proceeding with a particular design.

Comment

Brighter lights tend to blur the dimmer lights, so do some testing to make sure all of your light sources are visible before proceeding with a particular design. I try to keep my lights simple and easy, I installed vont.com. I`m satisfied with the price and quality. I know a lot of people glue LED tapes to the outside of the plane. This causes a lot of turbulence in the air flowing around the wing and greatly reduces lift. I`d recommend installing ribbons in the fuselage and wings to improve aircraft performance. The lights can be pointed up, down, or inserted sideways into a slot that you cut in the bottom of the wing.

Comment

Working...
        X