Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FPV in Roban MD-500E 700 Build

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the cockpit interior section finished and installed between camo painting sessions on the fuselage. I received the Futaba trainer cord from Motionsic and their head tracker unit works great. The software install for the tracker is a little tedious but got the unit configured easily once configured on my PC. I am a little disappointed that Futaba assigned the Tx trainer switch to a non-configurable spring loaded one, so unless I open the Tx up and resolder switch pins (not happening) I am stuck with using a tie wrap to hold the switch “on” while flying. The good news is the head tracker automatically defaults the camera to center position if the tie wrap slips off so I will still see straight ahead. Getting closer to the maiden daily…

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
      I got the cockpit interior section finished and installed between camo painting sessions on the fuselage. I received the Futaba trainer cord from Motionsic and their head tracker unit works great. The software install for the tracker is a little tedious but got the unit configured easily once configured on my PC. I am a little disappointed that Futaba assigned the Tx trainer switch to a non-configurable spring loaded one, so unless I open the Tx up and resolder switch pins (not happening) I am stuck with using a tie wrap to hold the switch “on” while flying. The good news is the head tracker automatically defaults the camera to center position if the tie wrap slips off so I will still see straight ahead. Getting closer to the maiden daily…
      Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	194
Size:	995.4 KB
ID:	345103

Comment

Someone is admiring their dirty seduction of evil FPV work.

Gravy

Comment

Buhaha! What I need is an app that screens sfcfury’s PMs for $$$ before I open them. I’m still behind on that awesome sound card he’s making me buy for this MD.

Comment

Whaatttttttt well I never...

Comment

Well at least not in the last 10 minutes.

gravy

Comment

I discovered the single Tornado Plus fan mounted on the Caddx FPV air unit helps, but doesn’t fix it’s overheating issue when the heli is outside in 85* air temp and the ESC and motor are heating up the fuselage interior. Since the MD-530F can be configured with vented solid rear doors as an option, I built a set of doors from styrene and mounted a 30x30x10mm Tornado Plus fan in each set to exhaust mode. These fans are rated at 5.5cfm each so will completely replace the fuselage air volume 4 times a minute and hopefully help the Caddx fan. We’ll see…. Click image for larger version

Name:	C6570059-8BA9-4B5A-8BEC-334EB28B62ED.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	348220Click image for larger version

Name:	2E883A55-5149-4805-A3B6-B2EDDC3665B9.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	348221Click image for larger version

Name:	F7DB4B70-A509-45CA-87ED-FEEEA06B378C.jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	348222

Comment

FPV MD-530F Updates: The door fans mod worked, at least for 3-3 1/2 minutes in 82* OAT and 70+% humidity, which is typical of SE Texas summers. The door fans create just enough negative pressure in the fuselage to keep decent air flow. Definitely will be an early morning flyer which suits me just fine.
                  I am a little disappointed with her weight: 7303g all dressed and ready to party. IMHO, that’s a little too heavy for 600 mechanics with nylon gears so the rocket pods and mounts won’t fly…at least at first.
                  I still need to upgrade the Beast X to the Pro version for the rescue feature. Also, I am giving some serious thought to upgrading my T10J Futaba to a newer radio just because the 16/18 SZ series radios allow the assignment of the trainer switch (needed for head tracking) and the T10J does not. Haven’t made peace with a tie wrap holding that spring switch on while I’m wearing goggles Click image for larger version

Name:	D1D189D5-18CD-4152-848E-C8C74AD75BE8.jpeg
Views:	201
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	349438Click image for larger version

Name:	201E7566-1B66-49D3-B264-8230B61BCD9A.jpeg
Views:	156
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	349439

Comment

Oh boy, someone got a new toy, and sorry PawPaw that I haven't been around on here much to see this project, glad you sent that pm about the Futaba radio I made you buy or I wouldn't have known about this project, that is going to be so awesome if your able to get this one up and flying, can't wait to see it done and your 500 looks great by the way, as you know I 'm a Hughes 500 nut..

Comment

Thanks for that Futaba upgrade info, DC! My trusty T10J finally met it’s match on this project which I never thought would happen. I was already maxed out at 10 channels with this FPV project then learned the Beast X Pro version, needed for the rescue bailout feature, requires a separate channel also. Sure ain’t looking forward to reading another manual ‘tho. 😡

Comment

Working...
                      X