Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those interested, it looks like the iX14 may be announced this Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
      For those interested, it looks like the iX14 may be announced this Thursday.
      https://fly.rcnation.com/discussions...b-2e40ea156507
      It looks sweet!

Comment

It's official. Preorders start tomorrow (Thursday):

Join and share your RC passions with our growing community, learn about RC products, read exclusive articles, find RC events, chat with friends, and much more!

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

https://fly.rcnation.com/?referral_code=414570
          You beat me to it.

LHS has my order for one!

Comment

You beat me to it.

LHS has my order for one!
            Has there been any info about the price?

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post

Has there been any info about the price?
              Not yet officially. When it was first rumored/leaked, they were talking around $899. The economy has changed a bit since then

Comment

Had I not just purchased the NX10, I would have gotten this IX. Nevertheless, so far, I've been very pleased with the NX and I don't think I'd make use of the added features of the IX. I don't even use the NX any differently than I used the DX9 before it.

Comment

My wife upgraded from her DX8G2 to an NX10 and loves it.

I've got a couple birds that could really use 12 channels, so the iX14 hits a sweet spot. I'm moving up from my trusty DX9 too.

Comment

My wife upgraded from her DX8G2 to an NX10 and loves it.

I've got a couple birds that could really use 12 channels, so the iX14 hits a sweet spot. I'm moving up from my trusty DX9 too.
                    It's interesting how each person's needs are so different. I got the DX9 because I needed 9 channels for one plane. I use a lot of Lemon 10-ch RXs, but other than that one plane, I have yet to find a use (or need) for that 10th channel. I can't imagine what I'd do with 4 more. I think I'd have heart palpitations if I even started to shop for 14 channel receivers.

Comment

It’s not just the extra channels. More memory, more mixes, better interface, better gimbles etc.

Comment

And text to voice for those unique voice call outs.

Comment

https://fly.rcnation.com/?referral_code=414570
                          Ordered mine. Which got me thinking.... Do they even have 14 channel receivers?!?!

Comment

Yes, up to 20. But most that buy a higher channel count radio do it for the extra memory, mixes, and features. I have been flying with DX-18 radios for years but don't have any aircraft with more than 12 though I have a couple I'd have use more if a decent price 14ch receiver comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Doutrnz View Post

Ordered mine. Which got me thinking.... Do they even have 14 channel receivers?!?!
                              They have some Powersafe Rx with a lot of channels, and you can fit a channel expander to any of the SRXL2 receivers to get up to 20.

I use an ix20 on account of its extra features, not because I need 20 channels (my F-14 uses 12)

Comment

They have some Powersafe Rx with a lot of channels, and you can fit a channel expander to any of the SRXL2 receivers to get up to 20.

I use an ix20 on account of its extra features, not because I need 20 channels (my F-14 uses 12)
                                Most of my models have the AR8360T and if I could expand all of those using channel expanders would be ideal for me than finding a new type of receiver and having to replace them all. Do you know of any specific expanders you feel are good? Powersafe is the brand you say?

Comment

Powersafe is a type of Spektrum, some have internal receivers and some don't relying on satellites to do the reception.

AR12310T DSMX 12-Channel PowerSafe Integrated Telemetry Receiver | Spektrum (spektrumrc.com)
                                  Spektrum AR14400T 14 Channel PowerSafe Telemetry Receiver | Horizon Hobby
                                  Spektrum AR20400T 20 Channel PowerSafe Telemetry Receiver | Horizon Hobby​​

Comment

Copy that!

Comment

Originally posted by Doutrnz View Post

Most of my models have the AR8360T and if I could expand all of those using channel expanders would be ideal for me than finding a new type of receiver and having to replace them all. Do you know of any specific expanders you feel are good?
                                      I made my own expander, but there are some on the market. Try Googling.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                      X