X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio master16s/spektrum

Anyone Kno how to setup reverse on spektrum receiver? I have turbo timber have a dx6i transmitter how got it to talk to 16s,but can't figure out how to get reverse to work any help?? Ohhhhhh there's afew looking!

I'm not quite understanding what you are actually using. I'm not familiar with a Radiomaster 16s, but isn't that a transmitter? Then you mention a DX6i. Isn't that a transmitter? Why do you want one TX to talk to another TX?

Insofar as getting reverse to work. Does this Turbo Timber come equipped with the stock ESC and RX? If so, then both are "smart", right? If you are trying to use a DX6i to activate reverse on a smart RX and reversing ESC, it won't happen. You also need a "smart" TX. The reverse on this setup works by sending a signal via a "ghost" channel 7 or 8 fed back through the signal wire of channel 1. A DX6i doesn't have the ability to tell the RX to do this. The Radiomaster might but I don't know anything about it.

Comment

Ya there transmitters, spektrum esc u have to have a spektrum radio to get spektrum esc to activate it's a spektrum thing. But once u arm esc using a spektrum radio u can then bind a radio master transmitter to the esc but one thing I can't figure out is how get radio master radio to talk to spektrum esc for reverse thrust to activate. And I am not only one trying this. No videos out on utube bout this yet, thought I would try find someone in here that may Kno how!

Comment

I love it when people need a video to figure out how to do something.

Comment

You'll need to get help from a Radiomaster guy. A guy named "HangarQueen" here might be able to help you with this. You can find him in this thread where he's advising someone to buy an Open Source radio.
          I'm new to the forum & even though I'm am old man, I'm a noob with RC. My question is, I have a Turnigy RX Pro. What receivers are compatible with this transmitter? I'm having a heck of a time discerning what receivers will work with it. If my choices are limited with the Turnigy, is there a transmitter under $100 or just a

Ask him this question there or PM him.

I'm pretty sure you didn't get reverse to work using just the DX6i. It can't send out signals above ch-6. Since reverse on a Spektrum ESC works by having the transmitter send a ch-7 or ch-8 signal back through the ch-1 signal wire (and this is done by either an ESC programmer or by forward programming), the big question is ....................... "Can a Radiomaster do this kind of programming and can it send feedback ghost signals back through the throttle channel?" This kind of stuff is proprietary to Spketrum. All other reversing ESCs utilize an actual cable that is fed by an unused RX port.

Comment

For Your Info,
            I'm not a guy.....
            When I want to use reverse thrust, I buy an ESC with reverse function, and send a reverse signal via a separate channel. An 120A ESC with reverse costs around 100 bucks. If you sell the propriatary Spektrum ESC and buy the Hobbywing 120A with reverse, you'll probably have money to spare. I think that is the easiest solution (I did it with a second-hand Draco that I bought, pulled the Spektrum stuff out and sold it).
            And by the way, the Spektrum Avian ESCs are in fact Hobbywing.

Comment

Originally posted by HangarQueen View Post
              For Your Info,
              I'm not a guy.....
              When I want to use reverse thrust, I buy an ESC with reverse function, and send a reverse signal via a separate channel. An 120A ESC with reverse costs around 100 bucks. If you sell the propriatary Spektrum ESC and buy the Hobbywing 120A with reverse, you'll probably have money to spare. I think that is the easiest solution (I did it with a second-hand Draco that I bought, pulled the Spektrum stuff out and sold it).
              And by the way, the Spektrum Avian ESCs are in fact Hobbywing.
              Didn't mean to offend the "guy". When I meet a group of female friends, I say "Hi guys". It's not taken as an offense. I'll try to remember this in future interactions with you. I try not to treat women any differently than I do men, but who knows.

When putting reverse into a plane that didn't come with it, I also simply get a reversing ESC from FMS or Hobbywing (yes, same thing) which have the dedicated reverse lead. However, Bill has not indicated that he wants to do that. He wants to make the Spektrum ESC reverse work with his Radiomaster. I figure you are the best to help him out. I don't think it can be done but I don't know RM. Maybe it has magic that I don't know about.

I always thought that most people knew that the Avian ESCs were re-branded, relabeled Hobbywing.

Comment

There are things that are relabeled, relabeled and rebranded and then those that have different firmware in them...

Even though I fly Spek I usually pull out smart* stuff as I'm just not smart enough to bother with it. Plus I can usually sell it at a premium compared to my usual dumb stuff.

Comment

"Ask him this question there or PM him." I don't think you refer to your female friends as "him" 🙂 No offense taken. Just funny.
                  And no, I don't know Radiomaster, never owned one, but I have been using the OpenTX system on it.
                  I would never use a multi-protocol module because 1) it can't support every protocol as well as a dedicated radio for the given protocol and 2) I don't need other protocols
                  I don't see why one would even try to interface with a proprietary system like the Avian ESCs if there are alternatives available. As I said, you might even have money to spare if you sell the proprietary stuff and buy alternatives that can be used with any brand or protocol. For instance, for the price of the receiver in the Draco, I could buy 2 Frsky receivers with even more channels. If I were to buy a multiprotocol module for my radio to work with the Spektrum receiver, it would be more expensive, now I have money to spare. So in short, I wouldn't bother trying to tackle that problem, if even feasible. Easier and cheaper to stay within your own brand, the replacing of parts being minor hassle compared to trying to interface to a proprietary system.

Comment

"Ask him this question there or PM him." I don't think you refer to your female friends as "him" 🙂 No offense taken. Just funny.
                    At the time I posted that, I had no idea that you were not a "guy". HangarQueen is a term used to describe a plane model (and other things) that never sees the use it was originally intended (ie, flying). It just sits there being looked at. There is no particular gender applied to such objects. I had no ideal of the real implications of your username. I'm glad you were not offended and you saw some humor in it.
                    I guess Bill is on his own if he wants to try to get his radio to talk to an Avian ESC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill b View Post
                      Ya there transmitters, spektrum esc u have to have a spektrum radio to get spektrum esc to activate it's a spektrum thing. But once u arm esc using a spektrum radio u can then bind a radio master transmitter to the esc but one thing I can't figure out is how get radio master radio to talk to spektrum esc for reverse thrust to activate. And I am not only one trying this. No videos out on utube bout this yet, thought I would try find someone in here that may Kno how!
                      I got reverse to work on my Avian by following the instructions. Did you try that?

Incidentally, your writing is difficult to follow.

Comment

For Your Info,
                        I'm not a guy.....
                        Well, you did respond to a thread with title "Hello guys", so what's a person to think?

Comment

I don't see why one would even try to interface with a proprietary system like the Avian ESCs if there are alternatives available.
                          Many BNF planes now are coming wih Avian ESCs. That's why.

I have one (a Carbon Cub) and the reverse function works just fine. All you need do is follow the instructions.

In general about 80% of the problems people report on these forums can be solved if they just bother to read the instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

Well, you did respond to a thread with title "Hello guys", so what's a person to think?
                            Ok, challenge accepted 🙂
                            I'll start a thread "Hello girls", and start bashing Spektrum (and by that I'm not trying to imply that you guys were bashing anything here)
                            Let's put that theory to the test.
                            Let's see how long it will take you guys 🙂

Comment

Turbo timber came with that avian esc u need a spektrum transmitter to unlock the esc then u can use whatever radio u want. But it just unlocks it to fly with need spektrum radio to get smart stuff to work. Thought bout selling esc but I hear u can unlock it. Thought maybe some on here may know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill b View Post
                                Turbo timber came with that avian esc u need a spektrum transmitter to unlock the esc then u can use whatever radio u want. But it just unlocks it to fly with need spektrum radio to get smart stuff to work. Thought bout selling esc but I hear u can unlock it. Thought maybe some on here may know.
                                Can you beg, borrow or steal one of these ...........................................

I can't remember if all smart Avian ESCs have a programming lead, but if yours does, this may be what is needed.
                                What is it that you need "unlocked"? What exactly do you want to do with it with your non-Spektrum radio? Can't comment if this will do the trick.

Comment

Starting with EdgeTX 2.8.3, It now supports TextGen. TextGen is the method that Specktrum Avian ESCs uses to display the programming menu on the TX screen. No Programming BOX required.. you can do it from your TX. But you need an Spektrum Smart RX. Also many new telemetry screens functions in the same script.

You will need a DSM_Smart_Tel lua script to access the TextGen.
                                  You can download here: https://github.com/frankiearzu/DSMTools

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    I'm not quite understanding what you are actually using. I'm not familiar with a Radiomaster 16s, but isn't that a transmitter? Then you mention a DX6i. Isn't that a transmitter? Why do you want one TX to talk to another TX?

Insofar as getting reverse to work. Does this Turbo Timber come equipped with the stock ESC and RX? If so, then both are "smart", right? If you are trying to use a DX6i to activate reverse on a smart RX and reversing ESC, it won't happen. You also need a "smart" TX. The reverse on this setup works by sending a signal via a "ghost" channel 7 or 8 fed back through the signal wire of channel 1. A DX6i doesn't have the ability to tell the RX to do this. The Radiomaster might but I don't know anything about it.

Modtodays is a safe and free download site for top entertainment apps, allowing users to freely explore their favorite gaming apps.
                                    I apologize for any confusion caused. You are correct that both the Radiomaster 16s and DX6i are transmitters. I mentioned the DX6i as an example of a transmitter that some users may be familiar with. My intention was to address the issue of one transmitter communicating with another transmitter, which is not a typical scenario in the context of RC aircraft. Regarding the reverse function, if the Turbo Timber comes with a stock ESC and RX, it's likely that they are "smart" components. In order to activate the reverse function, you would typically need a transmitter that supports the necessary protocols and programming options. As you mentioned, the reverse functionality in this setup relies on specific signaling and feedback channels, which may not be compatible with a DX6i. If you're using the Radiomaster 16s, it might have the capability to work with the reverse function, but I would recommend referring to the transmitter's manual or reaching out to the manufacturer for specific guidance on how to set it up for your particular aircraft. Again, I apologize for any confusion caused and hope this clarification helps.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWood View Post

. . . . .

I would recommend referring to the transmitter's manual . . . .

"Oh the humanity".

Comment

Working...
                                      X