X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgradeing to spektrum

How r ya guys ,, was going to maiden my new f4 phantom yhis long weekend but na.. in the midst of radio setup noticed at full elevator,, my setup also moved the ailerons.. started out 5 years ago on dynam detrum.. got rid of the planes 4 years ago, but found no reason to change,, ELECTRONICS until now.. my first thought was i had done something in setup.... or was it my new f4 but went thru all models inc the model setups in the dt9 inc non setup planes in the trans.. the channel monitor across the board shows uncommanded aileron movement with elevator up or down.... gota b stuffed,,.... anyway after all that dribble,, ive ordered a spektrum nx7e ... not looking forward to learning new electronics.. not my thing.... so couple questions.. if i use spektrum rex as3x is the gyro adjustable in the tx,, as was in my detrum.. and i think i can use lemon rx( way cheaper but no internal gyro).. and r the lemon reliable as far as signal... not a prob on detrum..... my hanger building and more to come . SO NOT SURE WEATHER TO STICK WITH SPEKTRUM RXES.. OR LEMON, AND USE SEPARATE GYROS (many planes come with gyro now) thanx in advance,,

Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
    How r ya guys ,, was going to maiden my new f4 phantom yhis long weekend but na.. in the midst of radio setup noticed at full elevator,, my setup also moved the ailerons.. started out 5 years ago on dynam detrum.. got rid of the planes 4 years ago, but found no reason to change,, ELECTRONICS until now.. my first thought was i had done something in setup.... or was it my new f4 but went thru all models inc the model setups in the dt9 inc non setup planes in the trans.. the channel monitor across the board shows uncommanded aileron movement with elevator up or down.... gota b stuffed,,.... anyway after all that dribble,, ive ordered a spektrum nx7e ... not looking forward to learning new electronics.. not my thing.... so couple questions.. if i use spektrum rex as3x is the gyro adjustable in the tx,, as was in my detrum.. and i think i can use lemon rx( way cheaper but no internal gyro).. and r the lemon reliable as far as signal... not a prob on detrum..... my hanger building and more to come . SO NOT SURE WEATHER TO STICK WITH SPEKTRUM RXES.. OR LEMON, AND USE SEPARATE GYROS (many planes come with gyro now) thanx in advance,,
    With a suitable Spektrum Rx, such as an AR637T, the gyro is configured and adjustable from the NX7e using "forward programming". The instructions for doing this are in the receiver's manual, but a more comprehensive explanation can be found in flightengr's blog on RCG.

Aside - I am surprised you kept anything Detrum so long. When I get a Dynam plane any Detrum retracts, ESC, etc. go straight into the garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

With a suitable Spektrum Rx, such as an AR637T, the gyro is configured and adjustable from the NX7e using "forward programming". The instructions for doing this are in the receiver's manual, but a more comprehensive explanation can be found in flightengr's blog on RCG.

Aside - I am surprised you kept anything Detrum so long. When I get a Dynam plane any Detrum retracts, ESC, etc. go straight into the garbage.
      Me too always had to adust trim every flight... looking fward to spectrum.. just found out dx7e has only 1 anttena wire( not dual diversity) wish it was but dont expect trouble with spektrum thax 4 your help

Comment

Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

Me too always had to adust trim every flight.
        That too, but the biggest problems I had were two ESCs that caught fire, and retracts that quit when the weather gets cold.

I was in Melbourne last April. Nice city, nice architecture. Did the touristy stuff, penguin parade, etc.

Comment

Phillip island (where the peng parade is ) is an awsome spot,, my son and have caught some big fish around it. Only an hour from me and yep some of those churches in the city r Older than dirt b safe

Comment

Hi team hope yas r all well..... havin trouble with the as3x .... forward programming... on the nx7e travels,,, servo direction all easy peasie ,, have done sit plane flat then on its nose,, it does the as3x dance.. all good have adjusted gains to hi.. for easy identifacation of travel,,,, but then doing a by hand rock bak n forth side to side nothing been watching fat guy flies,, hese pretty good,, and said as3x does not work until 25 percent throttle.... flew my 1500 p51 sunday ,, flew well... so i think question is each pre flight ,, how do u test as3x direction,, not intrested in safe.... ,, as a side note,, pulled apart my dynam detrum transmitter.... noticed a green corosian between 2 solder ends... little scrub withe toothbrush.... reassemble.. sure enuf no aileron unintended with elevator fixed so get ur trans serviced

Comment

Sorry the receiver is ar631

Comment

Hi guys…, I also fly with Spektrum gear… For the AS3X preflight check, the SpektrumRC series goes thru the setup and verification for AS3X … The AS3X is covered in video #6 on youtube…. In regards to Lemon RXs, ordered one with the Pandora and so far so good no issues with my DX6e… I also had an ESC in my new Pandora quit on me for some reason after 5 or 6 flights… Waiting for a replacement Smart ESC to start the conversion to 4s and inflight battery status…. I found that the Smart ESC and Smart batteries allow for battery status without the need of a telemetry equipped RX when you use an AR630 or AR410… Will be interesting to see if the same is true with the Lemon LM0080 i ordered with the plane.

Comment

Working...
                X