X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAIL FLAME LIGHTS FREEWING

When i want to instal 2 off them in a plane , is it possible to parallel the cables ? solder the cables to the balancer port in parallel and 1 one more connection to the throttle channel ? can i do that on 1 6S LIPO ?
    Attached Files

I think you'll need two controllers also with two you will pull power from three of your six cell battery making it very unbalanced. Either use a separate 3S battery or run a 12V regulator off the full battery voltage. On the Mig with two batteries probably better to run one light and regulator off each battery to keep the drain even.

Comment

Its not for the MIG , its for another plane with 2 EDF's , ... ;-) and i can not use a separate LIPO , no place for this. I can use a 12 Volt regulator , thats a good idea .. ;-)

Comment

Yes you can do it. Those lamps take about 1/2 amp each when on, which is not going to unbalance your LiPo to any significant extent. They will run in parallel just fine.

The FW controller itself is mediocre, it turns on way too soon, even when taxiing. There is a fix available if you search the forums.

I just ordered two of these to see how they are. https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...-edf-jets-e631 (https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-tail-flame-led-lights-for-80-90mm-freewing-edf-jets-e631) At $15 they are going to give the $80 - $100 brands a hard time, even if it doesn't have all the bells and whistles..

Comment

OK , thanks , ... i dont understand why thy make them like that ... ;-) i can order the ESC and the diode verry cheap , thats no problem , thx ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny Verlaek View Post
            OK , thanks , ... i dont understand why thy make them like that ... ;-) i can order the ESC and the diode verry cheap , thats no problem , thx ...
            My **guess** is that its a cheap boat or car brushed motor ESC that has been re-labeled.

Comment

The new ESC is working perfect ... i tested 2 lights with 2 new esc at only 1 powerconnector, but thats was not good , 1 burned down 1 ESC. I used then only 1 esc with only the LED BULBS in parallel and this worked.

Comment

Working...
              X