X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3230 not binding

I bought a used apprentice sts with the spektrum A3230 rx and can’t get it to bind with my DX5E or DX7 transmitters. Has anyone had this issue?

The A3230 is a flight controller not a receiver. You should have a small receiver on the inside side of your Apprentice. With the airplane and transmitter switches off plug in the battery. Press the little button on the receiver and turn on the Apprentices switch. You should see it blinking and you can stop pressing the button. Press the bind button on the transmitter and turn it on and it 'll take a few seconds to bind and then go through it's SAFE wag the servos stuff.

Comment

Evan what rx came with this airplane. The one I had before was not the sts apprentice but had a rx and separate flight controller. The sts doesn’t appear to have a specific location for the rx like the other apprentices have, but thanks and I will investigate further. Gary

Comment

If it will help I can take pics of old (no flight controller, the SAFE was built into the receiver) and new (separate receiver and fight controller and the SAFE is in the flight controller)... I happen to have FOUR Apprentices here at home I use for teaching.

Comment

Evan if you would take pictures for me because this is the 3rd apprentice I’ve had and the sts wiring is different to the older ones with safe rx. Thanks Gary

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	593DC21E-DC13-489B-B936-8CF7D3B89B77.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	391515 Click image for larger version

Name:	629EA0EE-D7AF-46DE-B8D7-D43B69259337.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	391514

STS on the top, the actual receiver is on the side of the fuselage.

Comment

Evan I can see the wiring is different on the first picture. The wires coming out of the side and going to the rx did not come with the airplane. I’ve tried to contact horizon hobbies to find out what I was missing but have gotten no response. Can I use any spektrum rx with the A3230? The cable going into the side of the rx has me confused because I’ve never had a cable and plug like it. Thanks Gary

Comment

Evan I got a buddy who researches well to help me and he found where a Spektrum 4650dsmx srxl2 is compatible with the A3230 and has the cable to hook up to the rx. I’m glad you sent the pictures which helped very much. I ordered one off eBay for $27.00 which was not bad. Hope to get it flying soon. Thanks a lot Gary

Comment

So you didn't get a receiver at all? Did you get it used or new? That receiver looks just like the one in my plane. Glad to help, good luck!

Comment

Evan I ordered a new one and I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X