First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lon View Post
    Gman,
    The throttle cut is a very good thing.
    It's been a year ago this weekend since my accident. I have since purchased the DX6 and programed a switch to be my throttle cut.
    1: Remove prop before doing any work.
    2: Make sure and remove prop before doing any work.
    3: Don't take short cuts and not remove the prop before doing any work.

Lon
    OMG!!! that's some scary stuff Lon. Just out of curiosity, what size motor and prop created the mayhem?

Steve
    AMA 95495
    Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
    Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

I hear you Lon, even with a switch, I stay away from the business end of any plane when there's a battery involved. That was Lon's FW P51, Iron Ass, I believe.
      How's the hand healed up BTW?

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Gman, Except for numbness at end of pinky finger. Everything healed great, no issues.
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Ouch Lon. I hope it's a lot better now.
          Still Learning:D

Comment

I just seen you on here and realized who you are from You Tube.
            Still Learning:D

Comment

It's been a year ago this month...hand/fingers all doing good!! Youtube? Referring to seeing some of my flights?
              Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                RE: Our new Thread!

Geez Lon, hope your alright, that really sucks!!
                I guess we all better learn a lesson right here right now, stay away from the business end of an airplane when she's powered up and keep the transmitter well away from where your working.

Hurry and heal up Lon, we're thinking of you!!

Grossman56 and wife
                A gas fueled 24" prop got me for 53 stitches and left propeller wood the one of the cuts.

Comment

Lon, I think everybody who has had an unfortunate accident can symathize, Its been almost 2 years since mine, A deep laceration across my inside elbow which severed my artery, nerves and muscles down to the bone. On top of that I was flying alone in a deserted blocked off street. I had to walk 1/2 mile to summon help, all the while losing over 2 pints of blood and praying I dont pass out before getting help. But after 31/2 hrs surgery I have full use of my arm and hand and fingers, but my forearm will forever be numb, a luckily small price to pay for being careless. First responders will forever be in my prayers. Chris

Comment

I had a .46 glow engine bite me 2 days before I shipped to basic. I wound up doing all the bandageing myself. Alittle vitamin E here and there, and a few hundred pushups later it finally healed up pretty well.

Comment

CT...been 3 years now and everything with the hand working well. Some numbness at the end of the little finger still...probably be that way forever. Think about that day often....keeps me focused on safety.
                      Lon

Comment

Lon, yeah unfortunately it takes an event like these to change your thinking and focus on safety. Up to that moment i never belonged to a club, and my bad habits lingered until that moment. Experience in clubs reinforces good habits not to mention the social aspect.

Comment

Working...
                        X