X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmers wood filler

I've used wood filler on foamies for some time now and it works great. It fills gouges, dents, and scratches, and it's light as a feather. It  sands with ease. When you pull off those pesky non-scale stickers, wood filler realy works to fill in where the paint and foam lifts off. It accepts paint well. Do a little touch up with Varathane water base clear coat (which I coat all my foamies with) and it's good as new! Home Depot is the only place I've found Varathane. Varathane is much better quality than Minwax. The Doctor

RE: Elmers wood filler

Originally posted by doctormike
    I've used wood filler on foamies for some time now and it works great. It fills gouges, dents, and scratches, and it's light as a feather. It  sands with ease. When you pull off those pesky non-scale stickers, wood filler realy works to fill in where the paint and foam lifts off. It accepts paint well. Do a little touch up with Varathane water base clear coat (which I coat all my foamies with) and it's good as new! Home Depot is the only place I've found Varathane. Varathane is much better quality than Minwax. The Doctor
    Hey Doc,
    I've used the Minwax, but not the Varathane. In what way do you think the Varathane is much better quality??

Lon
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Varathane seems to be more flexible, leaves no streaking and doesn't have a bubble problem. Minwax is brittle when dry. I wish I had known about Varathane before I started this Minwax craze. The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike
        Varathane seems to be more flexible, leaves no streaking and doesn't have a bubble problem. Minwax is brittle when dry. I wish I had known about Varathane before I started this Minwax craze. The Doctor
        thanks Doc!!
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Hi, LON   If you, or anyone else, try Varathane water based, let me know what you think of it. Also, if you foam brushed it or air brushed it. Doc

Comment

Working...
          X