X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread holes

Hey members I'm looking for a good way to fill holes in plastic that will be strong enough to put a screw back into it. We have all had screws strip at one point on plastic mine happens to be at a landing gear . any ideas or thoughts on what to do ?? Thought of glue but at some point I will need to get the screw back out I feel sure of .

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

RE: Thread holes

Hey H64,

I suppose you could try to fill the hole with one of those "metal" epoxies, then once it dries, tap it out and rethread it. Might be easier just to re-tap the hole with a larger size screw thread though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64
      Hey members I'm looking for a good way to fill holes in plastic that will be strong enough to put a screw back into it. We have all had screws strip at one point on plastic mine happens to be at a landing gear . any ideas or thoughts on what to do ?? Thought of glue but at some point I will need to get the screw back out I feel sure of .

Bryan
      You might try a drop of ca in the threads and let it dry before you put the screw back in. It works on wood.

Roy B.

Comment

you could also try to drip some 5 min epoxy down into the hole let it set
        Flight Risk (Sean)
        AMA # 986105

Comment

Working...
        X