X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henschel Bi plane need help with Elevator settings for landings

FMS bi plane if I come in for landings on low rates because its purposes up and down and very hard to land. I did give the elevator more exponential, should I give it even more like 50% or none at all.
    Attached Files

65% rate, 50% expo
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
      65% rate, 50% expo
      say did you get this from experience or the manual , I need a manual any way do yo know how I can get one for this Henchel FMS Bi Plane

Comment

Originally posted by F22 View Post

say did you get this from experience or the manual , I need a manual any way do you know how I can get one for this Henchel FMS Bi Plane
        say I had found this but it isnt much help on the exponential.
        Attached Files

Comment

this is the plane
          Attached Files

Comment

Experience...
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Expotential is different for each person. I have not seen a manufacture give a recommended exponential setting only recommended control settings. Before using exponential try reducing your control throw mechanically or on your radio. If the elevator is still touchy start with 10% expo and go from there.

Comment

I'm a big fan of expo, I run 40 to 45% on everything

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
                  Expotential is different for each person. I have not seen a manufacture give a recommended exponential setting only recommended control settings. Before using exponential try reducing your control throw mechanically or on your radio. If the elevator is still touchy start with 10% expo and go from there.
                  I thought I did my best at 30% exponential with the elevator set on low rates to only about 3/8 of and inch and it will do a tight loop on high rates at 3/4 inch I ll never use it , so coming in for a landing its just to unstable up and down on the nose end so I figure maybe I need more exponential., what do you think more or less expo?

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                    I'm a big fan of expo, I run 40 to 45% on everything
                    you may have a point because my 540 edge recommends at low rates 50% EXPO and high rates 70% EXPO on the barn door ailerons and elevator

Comment

I thought I did my best at 30% exponential with the elevator set on low rates to only about 3/8 of and inch and it will do a tight loop on high rates at 3/4 inch I ll never use it , so coming in for a landing its just to unstable up and down on the nose end so I figure maybe I need more exponential., what do you think more or less expo?
                      That's what I say it's a preference thing and also some planes need more expo than others. I use 30- 35 % expo on most of my planes but my FMS Corsair needs 45% expo on the elevator or it likes to porpise. Try adding 40% expo and see how it is. Now I know some people will say they hate expo but I say whatever works for you and gives you a more enjoyable flying experience go for it. Good flying!

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

That's what I say it's a preference thing and also some planes need more expo than others. I use 30- 35 % expo on most of my planes but my FMS Corsair needs 45% expo on the elevator or it likes to porpise. Try adding 40% expo and see how it is. Now I know some people will say they hate expo but I say whatever works for you and gives you a more enjoyable flying experience go for it. Good flying!
                        YES THAT IS JUST WHAT i'M DOING , BUT i HAVE TRIED IT MY PLANE Herschel AT 40% EXPO AND ITS ALL OVER AT LANDINGS, SO iM GOING UP P TO 55% expo
                        NOW HERE'S THE KICKER i I have other slower more stable planes that fly perfect snap roll land and go inverted with no 0 Exponential so go figure.
                        Last edited by F22; Aug 29, 2018, 06:23 PM. Reason: SPELLING

Comment

YES THAT IS JUST WHAT i'M DOING , BUT i HAVE TRIED IT MY PLANE Herschel AT 40% EXPO AND ITS ALL OVER AT LANDINGS, SO iM GOING UP P TO 55% expo
                          NOW HERE'S THE KICKER i I have other slower more stable planes that fly perfect snap roll land and go inverted with no 0 Exponential so go figure.
                          I wish I had some experience with that plane I might be of more help to you. When you say it's all over the place do you mean it's porpoiseing or you can't keep the wings level or both?

Comment

FMS bi plane if I come in for landings on low rates because its purposes up and down and very hard to land. I did give the elevator more exponential, should I give it even more like 50% or none at all.
                            Sounds tail-heavy. If CG is wrong, nothing else you try will work.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                            X