You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a Classified section in the forum?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: How about a Classified section in the forum?

Greetings,

Well, as there has been nary a word from MRC on this topic, I'm going to take that to mean that the idea was not one of there favorites.

Oh, well. nothing ventured, nothing gained - or lost.

Bill L.
    In Okla.

Comment

Indeed. It was not my intent to take away sales from MRC. I simply thought this would be a great venue for those of us with extra parts, kits, and accessories that we no longer need and would like to sell or trade. If there is no interest, we can drop this one.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good idea. No one wants to take business from MRC and I doubt this would do so. I have motors and other stuff in bags that have never been used because I usually upgrade motor and ESC for all my new planes. I just as soon as give the stuff away to someone that can use it.
        [hr]
        I just counted 30 planes I have from MRC, not counting the ones I crashed. I buy all my parts and supplies from them. Therefore, taking business from them is not an issue for me. They are the best in the business when it comes to customer service. This in itself is enough to ensure my loyalty.

Comment

I thought we had already decided that we didn't want to put MRC in that position because it doesn't benefit them, and that we were looking at creating an outside forum or app, like Whatsapp, just to host swapping and selling? Of course we can always utilize RcGroups to advertise something we are selling, but this was going to be used for those inside this forum for those close to the idea, and already in communication with each other inside this forum.
          Maybe it's a bad idea, and if so, so be it. But I thought that was where we left last?

Comment

It is not an issue for me.

Comment

Greetings,

I don't believe that anything had actually been decided on fore or against.
              I think where we left off was to;

1. Wait to get MRC's take on the issue
              2. Check out/into the What'sApp as a viable alternative

I think we all wish to maintain a certain level of allegiance to MRC but, as has already been mentioned by some, we've spent quite a bit of our hobby funds with MRC and will most likely continue to do so, however this is an open forum sponsored in part by MRC yes, but it is an open forum.

Bill L.
              In Okla.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketeer
                Greetings,

I don't believe that anything had actually been decided on fore or against.
                I think where we left off was to;

1. Wait to get MRC's take on the issue
                2. Check out/into the What'sApp as a viable alternative

I think we all wish to maintain a certain level of allegiance to MRC but, as has already been mentioned by some, we've spent quite a bit of our hobby funds with MRC and will most likely continue to do so, however this is an open forum sponsored in part by MRC yes, but it is an open forum.

Bill L.
                In Okla.
                I'm not sure I'm seeing where guys who want to trade off or sell some of their stuff, or even in some cases give away something to another pilot is taking allegiance away from MRC. I'm a diehard Motion fan through and through. But I thought the conversation came from someone's thought of MRC having an inside forum for sales or trading which would not be a good business interest to them. But that that having a separate outside app for such things is of no conflict to MRC. How could that be, for guys who just want to see what help they could be to others?
                If that's the case, then showing pics and videos on this forum of other planes bought outside MRC should be highly offensive and out of bounds for any of us. So how is an outside app from others' interest taking away from them?
                Just my thought..I'm fine either way. It was just an idea that my buddies " here, who also big Motion raving fans, use to trade parts, planes, and ideas. It works for us.
                It's also done through RcGroups, which Motion utilizes. I had a fellow pilot from Florida help me with a part this week...and it was for a Motion part. It's an outside forum. 

All in good conversation brother! From one border brother to another. Yeehaw!

Comment

Greetings Sky Wolf,

It's all good, man!!

I think we would all really like to hear someone at MRC weigh in on this topic!

Bill L.
                  In Okla.

Comment

Working...
                  X