Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March Warbird Madness Challenge is LIVE!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vdanger View Post

Funny you should say that. I think the F111 will blow out the SR-71! LOL
    And that is what is gonna make this so much fun. Good job James & MRC for putting this together!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

And that is what is gonna make this so much fun. Good job James & MRC for putting this together!!
      Exactly! Thanks Jameson. There are some real close matchups happening in the first round and the results of Rd 1 will be revealed tomorrow at 5pm EST when the entry period ends. Then a leaderboard will appear and we will have until March 15th to vote for rd 2. So crazy rd 2 matchups are coming. Should be fun

Comment

Ok guys, Rd 1 has ended and round 2 voting has begun. I thought a leaderboard would show up but it doesn't, Only I can see the stats, but will have to manually tally up the totals, but they are recording and we will be able to determine a winner with no problem other than a bit more busy work by me. So get voting on round 2!

Comment

Rd 2 voting has begun, here are the voting results of Rd1, The red score is the voting total of the previous matchup for the advancing aircraft. Some big sweeps and some tight races! (leaderboard coming soon)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Motion March Madness Brackett rd 2.jpg Views:	7 Size:	173.3 KB ID:	184083

Comment

Choose between a F18 and an A10??? Are you kidding me right now??? :Thinking:a10

Comment

Done!:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                Choose between a F18 and an A10??? Are you kidding me right now??? :Thinking:a10
                Yep and the winner will go toe to toe with the Mustang. Choose wisely!

Comment

Here are the top 60 leaderboard for rd 1. To reiterate, you received 10 points per correct pick in rd. 1, so 2 people managed to pick 31 out of 32 correct in the round (BRAVO!). Each rd, the points per correct pick will double, so rd. 2 each pick is worth 20 points, then 40 in rd. 3 etc... Anyone not in the top 60 scored 250 points or less in round 1. Plenty of time to make a comeback!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rd 1 standings.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	184117

Comment

Choose wisely LOLin todays world of polarized opines :Confused:;)
                    I went with the ol' gut personal faves again on second round and can tell from round 1 results that I'll not be a winner :P:(
                    I'll keep playing though just to stir the results pot :)

Hey James.....how about a :Loser:last place award :Cool:
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                      I went with the ol' gut personal faves again on second round and can tell from round 1 results that I'll not be a winner :P:(

Hahaha. Well, your not dead last. We had 3 people with just 120 points or 12 out of 32 correct

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

Hahaha. Well, your not dead last. We had 3 people with just 120 points or 12 out of 32 correct
                        Dead last is reserved for me.
                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Yep and the winner will go toe to toe with the Mustang. Choose wisely!
                          I took the A-10

I don't care about Iron Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I'm right there with you buddy. That's what happens when you like the "one off" birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

I'm right there with you buddy. That's what happens when you like the "one off" birds.
                              Same here.

Comment

Guess I'll have to work harder and NOT smarter on that LOL
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Rd 2 results are here as well as a new leader board. This is everyone who voted in both rd 1 and rd 2 combined score. Rd 1 was 10points per correct pick, rd 2 was 20 points, rd 3 will be 40pts. so anyone's game to win!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Motion March Madness Brackett rd 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.3 KB ID:	184599

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rd 2 standings 2 big.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	184606
                                  Attached Files

Comment

The 2 match-ups I am most interested in for this round are the P-51vs A-10 and F-14 vs F-16.

This thread seems a bit quiet based on the participation. Is there more discussion over on facebook?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                      The 2 match-ups I am most interested in for this round are the P-51vs A-10 and F-14 vs F-16.

This thread seems a bit quiet based on the participation. Is there more discussion over on facebook?
                                      I know, I expected (hoped) for a bit more chatter. Some fun matchups in this round. Wonder if the Mustang and Corsair can take out the A-10 and F-15?

Comment

I went ALMOST straight left side this round.

I will keep voting (despite not being in the list above) just to have a differing vote present.
                                        I DID vote in round 1 and round 2... but I don't see my name up there....

The "competition" was obviously rigged to have certain planes eliminated rapidly.

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                                          I went ALMOST straight left side this round.

I will keep voting (despite not being in the list above) just to have a differing vote present.
                                          I DID vote in round 1 and round 2... but I don't see my name up there....

The "competition" was obviously rigged to have certain planes eliminated rapidly.
                                          I see you made your username FHH in the competition but you only voted in rd 1 then again rd 3. I got no vote from you for rd 2.

The competition is not rigged. As I said in the main post, the planes selected and the ordering of the planes was determined by pooling together as many list as I could find of top 100 aircraft via google. I found about 6 of them and they were all pretty different so I aggregated those lists and found 32 prop planes and 32 jets that appeared the most. Then I just made 4 quadrants with each having 8 prop and 8 jets. Took a bit of work, but I have 0 skin in the game so I didn't order them to try and get a certain one eliminated or anything. Took enough time to just make the chart

You could certainly reorder the planes and get a new outcome every single time, but it is all just for fun. I mean I had the Mustang, B-29, F-4 and F-86 as the 4 #1 seeds....are they really the 4 best? Who knows. It just comes down to who you pick.

Comment

Working...
                                          X