You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March Warbird Madness Challenge is LIVE!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James, Is round 3 open? I am confused, do you open rounds each week or is it sooner than that? Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Made it to the board

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
        I went ALMOST straight left side this round.

I will keep voting (despite not being in the list above) just to have a differing vote present.
        I DID vote in round 1 and round 2... but I don't see my name up there....

The "competition" was obviously rigged to have certain planes eliminated rapidly.
        Ya know, honestly. I think it is stacked too. Oh well. KILL THE MUSTANG AT ALL COST! LOL

Best Regards
        Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
          James, Is round 3 open? I am confused, do you open rounds each week or is it sooner than that? Best, LB
          Hey L, I think he opens the new round as the old round closes.

Woody

Comment

Some great matchups. I have not posted but I find this thread super entertaining. Some crazy matches in this round.

Comment

Pulling for the B-29 this round!

Comment

520 after 2nd round...dang (like wow, I cant believe it)

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                  The next Round starts about 5 minutes after the previous rd closes. Rd 3 is going now and end Monday 3/18

Comment

Right in the middle of the pack :P..............gotta work harder on making some dumb choices to achieve that last place honor :Silly:LOL
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

I see you made your username FHH in the competition but you only voted in rd 1 then again rd 3. I got no vote from you for rd 2.

The competition is not rigged. As I said in the main post, the planes selected and the ordering of the planes was determined by pooling together as many list as I could find of top 100 aircraft via google. I found about 6 of them and they were all pretty different so I aggregated those lists and found 32 prop planes and 32 jets that appeared the most. Then I just made 4 quadrants with each having 8 prop and 8 jets. Took a bit of work, but I have 0 skin in the game so I didn't order them to try and get a certain one eliminated or anything. Took enough time to just make the chart

You could certainly reorder the planes and get a new outcome every single time, but it is all just for fun. I mean I had the Mustang, B-29, F-4 and F-86 as the 4 #1 seeds....are they really the 4 best? Who knows. It just comes down to who you pick.
                      I definitely voted in round 2. first day of the round. Same name. Same e-mail.

I even posted that I voted after voting.
                      Hello everyone. Having a fun contest this month. It's time for you to vote! Let's find out just which aircraft is the tops in our Motion RC March Warbird Madness. We aggregated a bunch of lists to find the 32 best propeller-driven Warbirds and 32 best jets (WW2 or Later), shuffled them up and laid them out in this tournament

"#1 seed" of each section is not the way its rigged... its in what set of aircraft is in each group and the order they are put against each other. The final 4 could be predicted before the first vote.
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I definitely voted in round 2. first day of the round. Same name. Same e-mail.

I even posted that I voted after voting.
                        Hello everyone. Having a fun contest this month. It's time for you to vote! Let's find out just which aircraft is the tops in our Motion RC March Warbird Madness. We aggregated a bunch of lists to find the 32 best propeller-driven Warbirds and 32 best jets (WW2 or Later), shuffled them up and laid them out in this tournament

"#1 seed" of each section is not the way its rigged... its in what set of aircraft is in each group and the order they are put against each other. The final 4 could be predicted before the first vote.
                        I checked again and only have 2 entries of picks for you under your email and username. 32 picks for rd 1 and 8 picks for rd. 3.

The post you made where you said you voted was March 9th and that was during voting rd 1. Rd 1 voting ended March 12th and voting for rd 2 began and lasted from March 12th until March 15th (as per the first post in this thread). So if you posted on March 9th that you voted, you would only have been voting for Rd 1.

I am sorry that you missed it, but anything can happen. Rd 3 points are doubled and then rd 4 will double that and so on until the end.

Comment

How did I vote for A-10 over F-18 in round 1?
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

How did I vote for A-10 over F-18 in round 1?
                            again, based on the info I have, you didn't. Or if you did maybe you didn't finish at the end and enter your email and username? I only have info from you for Rd1 and rd 3. Nothing I can really do about it now Fred, I'm sorry.

Comment

Elbee has me by 20pts for the top spot going into rnd 3...dang

Comment

Sad that I missed getting in on this when it started. Oh well. Fun to watch anyway.

Has to be more interesting than the NCAA March Madness (not that it takes much for me).

Comment

Getting down to the wire now: Round 3 voting ends a little later today. If you have voted in Rd 1 & Rd 2 do not forget to Vote in Rd 3. Then Rd 4 (The Elite 8) voting will open and last until Thursday, March 21st when we will have our Final 4. Vote now: http://bit.ly/MRCMarchWarbirdMadness

Comment

Can you do a sanity check and see if I voted for round 3? (Chris G).

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                      Can you do a sanity check and see if I voted for round 3? (Chris G).
                                      Your in! :Cool:

Comment

Rd 3 voting has ended and Rd 4 voting is now open! Here are the voting results from Rd 3. Rd. 4 points will be 80 per correct pick (doubled each round). So plenty of room for a comeback.

The Mustang was knocked out cold by the A-10 Thunderbolt 51-26. The biggest blow-out in the round was the F-22 Raptor over the B-52 66-11, while the closest match-ups were the Spitfire edging out the F-86 Sabre and P-40 over the B-29 41-36 each.

Just 8 aircraft left! Rd 4 voting ends on Thursday and we will have our final 4! http://bit.ly/MRCMarchWarbirdMadness

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rd 3 standings 2.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	185016

Name:	Motion March Madness Brackett rd 4.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	185017

Name:	Motion March Madness Brackett rd 4 elite 8.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	185018

Comment

We have made it to the Final 4! The A-10 Thunderbolt won the North bracket and will face the F-22 Raptor who won the East bracket while the F-14 Tomcat who won the South Bracket will face the SR-71 Blackbird who won the West bracket! Here are the leaderboards and voting results for the round.

Name:	Rd 4 standings.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	185492

Name:	Motion March Madness Brackett rd 6.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	185493

Name:	Motion March Madness Brackettfinal 4.jpg