X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez Doc, watch it eh, my sensitive ears!!!!
    LOL

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

The easiest thing to remember is that this is a hobby and we are all in this for fun. Before you post, ask yourself, "is this fun, anger or ego?" I have spent several years on a car related forum and watched it deteriorate over the years to a fight fest. I am an old, retired guy that has loved RC airplanes since I was a kid but only began flying a little over a year ago. This is great fun and if it isn't fun, whether it is on the field or on the forum, I'm on to something else. I'll have a bunch of questions so I'll close with a "HOWDY" and a thank you in advance.
      Gary

Comment

Welcome Gary to "The Squawk" and fantastic perspective and first post! We will remain vigilant to keep this place from sinking into the familiar abyss that effects so many forum communities. You're dead on. If it's not fun, why bother?
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercatter View Post
          The easiest thing to remember is that this is a hobby and we are all in this for fun. Before you post, ask yourself, "is this fun, anger or ego?" I have spent several years on a car related forum and watched it deteriorate over the years to a fight fest. I am an old, retired guy that has loved RC airplanes since I was a kid but only began flying a little over a year ago. This is great fun and if it isn't fun, whether it is on the field or on the forum, I'm on to something else. I'll have a bunch of questions so I'll close with a "HOWDY" and a thank you in advance.
          Gary
          Welcome to the Squawk and I absolutely couldn't agree more. :)
          This forum has grown because there is NOT a :Poo: fight going on every time you turn around. ;)
          Lots of good/talented folks that are more than willing to help with answers/guidance/suggestions...........ENJOY:Goodbye:
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Welcome Gary, very well put. I'm sure you will find this a good forum with a great bunch of guys willing to help you out. Best of luck and good flying! ;)

Comment

Hey Gary, welcome from me as well. This is a forum of a different sort and we try very hard to keep it that way. Having said that, we really don't have many problems because we have such a great core of guys here who were just sick of the :Poo: in the other forums and came here with the idea of not letting it deteriorate into the same pile.
              We moderators go to the extreme to accommodate the personalities and opinions of the gang with the guidelines as explained above. We all realize that you can't please everyone all the time, so let them have their say as long as it doesn't get blown up to full scale war. As you can see on the A-10 thread. There are a few guys not thrilled with the pricing, but no one is twisting their arm to buy it and the majority are thrilled with the release and believe they are getting a good bang for their hard earned buck. I noted one new person who is not pleased and he has a right to his opinion, but that's usually the case. Someone shows up and starts complaining.
              It's an interesting phenomenon, but we've seen it before. He'll probably state his feelings and leave it at that which is fine. He may end up buying one, who knows. The interesting point he brings up is the kit plus availability and the power option. Our Motion R/C team would be wise to clarify that in a timely manner (In my opinion).

Bottom line, a great forum with a bunch of awesome guys and we'll keep it that way.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Gary, a hearty and kind welcome to ya' my friend! Glad you're joining the real fun in an extremely well-managed and exciting forum. Many of us here were also quick to shift our good natures over to the HobbySquawk side when it first opened up. It's a really enjoyable, fun, entertaining, and educational forum, that's based on the core value of disciplines in good character.

Its one one that's a joy to sign onto at any time, day or night. Have fun, ask lots of questions, give lots of feedback, and be sure to show us what's in your growing hangar. We love pics and videos!

Now go fly something! :a10

-Anthony (Skywolf- on HobbySquawk / Flying Ant on YouTube)

Comment

New guy here, most refreshing to see a "hard and fast" set of rules. My experience is on a line with Gary's above. Hope to learn lots from you Guys. Dave.

Comment

Hello Welshman,

You are very welcome here and you will find everyone is very helpful. Welcome to the family.

Martin.

Comment

Thanks Martin, you and I have spoken a few times on the phone, just a few days ago in fact, about the gear upgrade for the Hawk.

Comment

Welcome! Enjoy the community! Full of knowledgeable, great folks.
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

test. trying to change screen name.

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Jeff, if you need any assistance just let me know!
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Koller View Post
                              test. trying to change screen name.
                              Welcome to the Squawk Jeff!

Comment

Hello, I got a "flag report" but didn't make the post that was flagged and I can't get rid of it. Help please.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                                  Hello, I got a "flag report" but didn't make the post that was flagged and I can't get rid of it. Help please.
                                  Not sure, checking.
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I got one too?????

Comment

I did too for a post I put in "what are you flying to day". :Silly:
                                      AMA 424553

Comment

I got one also George,
                                        Here is a copy of the report...................

F22trainer flagged a reply to What did you fly today?
                                        in Miscellaneous RC Airplane Chat

Today, 09:45 AM
                                        Rude and out of line and incorrect. Troll?
                                        Go to post

There is a delete button but when I use here is the reply.............
                                        Sorry, only registered users can post and search on Hobby Squawk. If you are not a member, please click here to sign up for free!
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Put me on the list too

I got the exact same flag report

Comment

Working...
                                          X