X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

Viper, I always wondered, besides the color (LOL!) what's the difference between Lemon and Orange? Is there any?
    Hey, welcome back. We've missed ya.
    To the best of my knowledge, Lemon and Orange are about in the same price range (typically ~$15.00 to $20.00 for a basic 6-ch). Then you get into the stabilized ones and the higher channel ones and they can get up to $25.00 to $30.00. Visually, the Orange is a bigger box. The Lemons are smaller, more compact and some don't even have a case. They just have all their guts hanging out, which really doesn't matter since they're hidden inside the plane. Both are just as reliable (which is very reliable). I've had more "incidents" with my Spektrum RXs. Both Orange and Lemon had a somewhat shaky start, but so did Spektrum back in their early days.
    From what I've seen, Lemon has had more publicized beta testing from some very knowledgeable and qualified people. Whereas Orange development and testing has been "behind the scenes". I don't doubt that both derive their components from similar sources. But then, it's also likely that Spektrum components and manufacturing come from the same sources, too.
    I prefer Lemon for their compactness, although I like Orange because they are "pretty". (Not very logical at all.)

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
      Hey, welcome back. We've missed ya.
      To the best of my knowledge, Lemon and Orange are about in the same price range (typically ~$15.00 to $20.00 for a basic 6-ch). Then you get into the stabilized ones and the higher channel ones and they can get up to $25.00 to $30.00. Visually, the Orange is a bigger box. The Lemons are smaller, more compact and some don't even have a case. They just have all their guts hanging out, which really doesn't matter since they're hidden inside the plane. Both are just as reliable (which is very reliable). I've had more "incidents" with my Spektrum RXs. Both Orange and Lemon had a somewhat shaky start, but so did Spektrum back in their early days.
      From what I've seen, Lemon has had more publicized beta testing from some very knowledgeable and qualified people. Whereas Orange development and testing has been "behind the scenes". I don't doubt that both derive their components from similar sources. But then, it's also likely that Spektrum components and manufacturing come from the same sources, too.
      I prefer Lemon for their compactness, although I like Orange because they are "pretty". (Not very logical at all.)

LOL!! I like pretty! Hehehe! I have one Orange receiver and it works great so far. I haven't looked into the Lemons (kind of a funny choice of names eh? LOL!) so thanks for the info. Have to look more into them.

Thanks for the welcome back my friend! :shy:
      Lauren

Comment

The guy who runs one of my flying fields (private, native reserve) is a bit on the ignorant side and all he sees is what's on the surface. He doesn't keep abreast of the times and doesn't read what's going on in the RC World. He found out that one of my flying buds was using a Lemon and immediately forbade him from using anything but Spektrum. He knows many of us use Lemon but he hasn't got the nerve to tell us the same thing. He's got a hate on for my buddy so he feels he can bully him at every opportunity. He also banned Orange products years ago but nobody listened to him.
        WOAH! I just noticed your avatar of the C-188 "Dusty". I've got an orange one one the way.

Comment

Hey Flygirl!

Glad to see you back. Yeah that's about as helpless as it gets in this hobby, no response on the sticks. Ahhh!!

Comment

Does the Lemon or Orange bind with Specktrum?
            Still Learning:D

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Does the Lemon or Orange bind with Specktrum?
              Yes, both are Spektrum compatible.

Comment

Are Lemons the same thing that Value Hobby sells? I'm using one and, so far it works well. Doc

Comment

Negative. I do not see any Lemon products at Value. Here is one place you can buy them:
                  http://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?r...y&path=264_278

You can also buy directly from Lemon but the price is the same and it takes longer to ship.

Personally, I suggest staying away from the separated twin diversity antennas. I had one and one of the antenna broke off just from vibration. Here is the one to stay away from :

Comment

Hello DocMike,
                    Here's two U.S. distributors that I use for acquiring Lemon Rx's and both provide warranties if needed.

Best regards,
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                      Yes, both are Spektrum compatible.
                      That's good to know.
                      Still Learning:D

Comment

Thanks, Doc

Comment

Working...
                        X