You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70mm F-16 Sweepstakes Entry for Current Hobby Squawk??

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70mm F-16 Sweepstakes Entry for Current Hobby Squawk??

Hi,

Can "current" Hobby Squawk members also participate in the 70mm F-16 Giveaway promo ?? If not, I believe we should be included as well.

thanks,
    Ken

Agreed, current members should be included. Oddly enough, it is also still posted on Motion's homepage that there will be monthly giveaways here as well, despite that practice having ended in August.

Comment

Dear Veteran Squawkers,
      The 70mm F-16 giveaway is in fact for new users who register between today and Christmas Eve. Just like we have had in the past, we'll have new events and promotions for our existing users. In the end, we know that giveaways and promos are fun, but we hope the content and the engagement opportunities that Hobby Squawk provides are reason enough to participate in this unique forum.

Comment

I apologize, I didn't read this correctly. Please dis-regard my listing here as I made a mistake on understanding the sweepstakes. Everyone have a Merry Christmas, I'll try to read these listings more clearly in the future. :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by starcop View Post
          Alright guys! Get in on this one, this is a fantastic giveaway. Someone is going to be the fortunate recipient of a fine aircraft. This could be your Merry Christmas, so "Don't be Shy!!!
          Ok Matt thanks, but I'm confused? The administrator just confirmed that existing members were excluded from participating in this "giveaway" just prior to your post.

Comment

Dear MotionRC,
            Thank you for inviting us to the forum.

As to the old timers you can get in on the fun and games just by opening a new account. Normally these kinds of membership drives are aimed to get the site membership up to to help with revenue generation from ads. If the site can show higher membership they can charge more for banner ad space. The give away is a cheap way to drive activity to the site.

After spending a bit of time here I’ve noticed a few discrepancies from the “Hobby Squawk” flash screen.

First, is that this is a dedicated site to the “RC Aviation Hobby”.
            This is not so! Hobby Squawk has a listing called “The Hobby Squawk Lounge”. And in the intro to this forum it states”…put your shoes up and talk about things outside the realm of the RC aircraft hobby”. If managed properly (and this would be very difficult) there really is little wrong with this area of the site. But looking at how this type of off topic discussion has destroyed many other sites like RCG with their LTU&P forum. If the management of Hobby Squawk is willing to take the risk with this type of forum that is fine. But please remove to statement from the flash page the Hobby Squawk is a dedicated site to the “RC Aviation Hobby”, when it appears to be trying to be an extension of the Cheyenne Social Club.

Second is the idea of “Expert Advice”.
            Not sure that this is a well defined term. While the membership has a wide range of experience levels and an even wider range technical knowledge. The application of this knowledge and experience as it pertains to the "RC Aviation Hobby” is spotty at best. This is the nature of these social media type forums. What I see as a danger with the idea of “Expert Advice” is that many of the active posters have MotionRC in their user name. This implies that the poster has some inside and or extensive knowledge of the RC hobby. Reading many of the posts from people associated with MotionRC it is clear that many many of them are new to the hobby and or have little technical background in the field of aviation (models or full size). I read a post where the MotionRC advice on landing was to to add up elevator to stretch the glide of a warbird. This is a sure way to snap a heavily loaded aircraft. It goes against the well proven and taught principle that the elevator controls speed and that power controls rate of climb. While I’m sure most have no issue with the employees of MotionRC contribution to the “Hobby Squawk” forum with their experiences and insight. It puts MotionRC in a bad light when these employees give out less than technically accurate advice. I’d like to suggest that MotionRC Give their employees two "Hobby Squawk” accounts. One where they can respond to enquiries as a representative of MotionRC, as part of "technical staff at Motion RC". And another account where they are free to say whatever they want, within the guidelines of Hobby Squawk Code of Conduct, and not as a result put MotionRC in a bad light.

Third is the idea of unbiased,
            We are all biased! I can see by the banned history of your membership that MotionRC has issues with folks discussing and bringing to light the deficiency of product MotionRC offers. The biggest issue seems to be that MotionRC does not appreciate the discussion of this product Hobby Squawk. Please take the above comments in the spirit in which they were given. It is my hope that MotionRC will look at the issue brought forward and correct the splash page to accurately reflect what Hobby Squawk is all about. And to give the employees dual account to protect the reputation of MotionRC.

Seasons greeting,

Comment

Originally posted by KenS999 View Post

Ok Matt thanks, but I'm confused? The administrator just confirmed that existing members were excluded from participating in this "giveaway" just prior to your post.
              Matt didn't realize you we asking on behalf of current members. Sorry for the confusion

Comment

Hi Aspirin, thank you for your in depth thoughts. I appreciate your perspective.

The term "Expert" is perhaps better described as "Authoritative". Practically speaking, the owners of Motion RC don't have time to post on every forum online since they're busy growing Motion RC. If they do have a spare minute, they are most likely to be seen posting here at Hobbysquawk. It is rare that the owners of a large hobby company can be seen engaged directly on an online forum to receive direct answers or support. I think this is really neat! In addition, I post on Hobbysquawk quite frequently regarding upcoming and new products, because I oversee the development of most of our popular product lines and know exactly what is going on and any give time. So Hobbysquawk is in that sense the "Authoritative" resource for "Expert" advice regarding the products we sell. Hobbysquawk is, in effect, the proverbial "horse's mouth" regarding Motion RC news, updates, products. There's a lot of information out there on the internet, but because Motion RC's top brass participate at Hobbysquawk the most often, Hobbysquawk is a place where readers can come to get definitive answers and engage guys like me directly. Want to know the best CG range on a plane we designed and have flown 500 times? Want to clarify a statement you read on another forum about what features an upcoming product will include? Have an idea or new product you'd like to recommend Motion RC consider producing? Hobbysquawk is the best place to engage the heart of Motion RC. Of course we make efforts to post and participate in other forums, but if I only have time in my 18 hour day to post in one forum, I come here.

Regarding our Motion RC Team, we're proud of the fact that we all fly. Our warehouse manager is an expert heli pilot, our shipping team flies, the company owners fly, and most of our tech support team' flying experience ranges from 20 to 45 years. We have veterans in our ranks, and families of. We're proud to be seen posting among our friends and customers. Most of the Hobbysquawk membership are Motion RC customers, who know some of us as if we were long lost brothers and sisters. Many of you have our personal phone numbers! Still, we actively encourage discussion about any topic, any product, regardless of its source, and we endeavor to promote this forum as a place where we all can "tell it like they see it." Consider "Unbiased", then, as being "Impartial". This is a key ambition of Hobbysquawk since we never want this community to become a group of shills. We recognize that we are all stronger as we celebrate the diversity of RC Aviation.

In that sense, Hobbysquawk is a rare thing --a place where company employees can post freely about products regardless of if they're sold by us. I think it's important that Motion RC's team be seen discussing other aspects of RC Aviation and calling upon our decades of experience both before and during our employ at Motion RC. Limiting discussion to only our 8,000 products would be boring and narrow, yet Hobbysquawk is intended to be the exact opposite! We have discussions about liquid fuel aircraft, which we don't even sell. One of our employees used to run a business in Europe making composite aircraft, and we don't sell that format, either. But those kinds of discussions are seen here as being equally valuable to the general conversation about RC Aviation as are conversations about the newest FlightLineRC airplane. There may not be massive threads about RC turbines or ultra-lights or F3P or DS flying or Cox .010s, but we would always welcome such new topics. Readers will notice that I often post my thoughts or experiences regarding products that competitors sell, sometimes even going out of my way to recommend and link someone to purchase a competitor's product simply because I believe that reader will enjoy that product. We all truly don't hesitate, and the source of a product doesn't matter: We recommend whatever we think is best, period. I will add that many of Motion RC's prolific customers post here as well, and they have hands on experience with many of the products we sell, in comparison to many other products that we don't sell. Never to be overlooked, even the least experienced pilot with a low post count can teach us something authoritative, simply by virtue of being a human being --this is the attitude of inclusion we're proud to have cultivated at Hobbysquawk.

We don't want to hide behind a different name when talking about other brands or other experiences in this hobby. We in fact want to be seen for who we are --pilots and enthusiasts just like everyone else! Having been involved in the hiring over the years of most of the Motion RC team who post at Hobbysquawk, I'm confident no one will put the company in a "bad light". I should add that Hobbysquawk participation is not compulsory; our team posts as often or as seldom as they choose.

Ultimately, the community we've built at Hobbysquawk is a fairly close knit group, an open family of pilots across the world. We're moderated by volunteers, we're largely self-policing, we're cordial, respecting, and open to new ideas and perspectives. The online world can sometimes contain loud dens of vitriol, bashing and bullying, misinformation, disrespect. But at Hobbysquawk we aspire to be a safe harbor for guys and gals who just want to talk about RC Aviation and the airplanes we all love so much and hoard in our garages.

...And perhaps some random topics on limited occasion (in which case, there's an Off-Topic sub-forum)

Cheers,
                Alpha
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

The only way i could register was by going to the Hobby Squawk site. I tried to register from the email I received but it wouldn't allow me because of
                  a bad reCAPTCHA but it never would give me a reCAPTCHA. Since I had to register via the site does that mean I'm not in on the sweepstakes since I couldn't register from via the email even though I am a new member?

Comment

Wiseguy, you are automatically entered. You're all set!

Comment

Thanks Tom. Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New year. Have a 1700mm P-47 and it's GREAT !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Deleted in the sprit and in the goodwill exemplified by Alpha

Konrad, KJD, Aspirin

Comment

Yeah. Current memebers should be able to participate!

Comment

How do I register???

Comment

Originally posted by lpcustom73 View Post
                              How do I register???
                              Sorry, your not eligible since you joined almost a month ago...........see post #3
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

We've got other goodies planned, guys, take heart. We gave away quite a few planes and products this year in various platforms as part of different kinds of promotions, from online Facebook then Hobbysquawk and Facebook giveaways, to magazine sweepstakes and other methods. Just last month we sponsored huge price cuts on several aircraft and held a Black Friday sale for almost three weeks. As 2017 comes along, soon we'll continue diversifying where and how these kinds of promotions are made available. Changing it up like this and trying to engage different and new audiences is important. I can't announce all the details just yet, but for those of you planning to attend some of the nation's larger events for our hobby and specific market in 2017, there might be a Motion RC promotion related to those, too. And we have other ideas to pair participation with eligibility for new contests.

In the meantime, enjoy the many advantages of Hobbysquawk! I trust it's of more value to us than the chance to win a plane from time to time! :)
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hey guys, just think of it as a lot of fun!!
                                  I remember some people who had 'differing' opinions, and quite frankly it was the aggressive attitude toward other members that got them banned and not because of their opinions. Stick around for awhile, you'll see that this is the greatest bunch of guys with experience ranging from absolute novice to expert and everyone is willing to help anyone else out in a heart beat.
                                  Couple that with the greatest R/C company and you have a winner!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

I've been around here for a while not as long as some of you but quite a while and have visited several other sites along the way. I have not seen any other site that is more welcoming to anyone who wishes to participate or more diverse in its participants. I also have not seen any other company that has individuals employed that are more willing to help its customers than MotionRC. How many other companies would allow input from its customers for the subject and design of its new products then allow them to help in the testing and preproduction changes of those products. Hobbysquawk and MotionRC are one big family that I am very proud to be a part of.

Comment

Deleted in the sprit and in the goodwill exemplified by Alpha

Konrad, KJD, Aspirin

Comment

Hmm this sound familiar Konrad?

Comment

Working...
                                        X