Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70mm F-16 Sweepstakes Entry for Current Hobby Squawk??

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure my opinion on this giveaway is biased because I was lucky enough to have been one of the winners in the earlier sweepstakes. I think a giveaway to help get new people involved is a great idea. I know a few of the older members stay very active in the forum and keep up with purchases on new products but some of us for many reasons do not. Something like this for me anyway helps renew my enthusiasm in both what's going on here at the Squawk but the great new products coming out. Alpha I commend you on your leadership and getting us back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      Let's all take a step back. This thread is supposed to celebrate a free plane giveaway, so this entire tangent is off topic, and here we are in a pickle, again, with the same person in the center.

Konrad/KJD/Aspirin, I will be the first to state publicly that even though we knew it was you two days ago when you first created the Aspirin username and began to post, it was I that advocated to Hobbysquawk's leadership that we sit back and wait to see if you could be a *positive* force within this community. Like OV10 said above, I had reasoned that the third time might be the charm. But "Community" remains the key word here, and it is my duty to respond to the numerous, undeniable, uniformly consistent message I have received from multiple members within this community to ban you, again, because you have in fact continued to be a *negative* force. If it wasn't clear the first and second time, bans are permanent, and ban the individual, regardless of username.

A community is what we are here on Hobbysquawk. It's what we're proud of. If you don't like what this community looks like or how it operates, you're welcome to leave and start your own to your own liking. Community is what we've built together on Hobbysquawk, as a group of hobbyists from diverse backgrounds and opinions and levels of experience. Have you noticed that this forum has continued to grow, more importantly in *relationships* than just numbers, into a tight knit group of people in your absence? It has. Can you at least acknowledge to your own self that your posts are often the beginning of long and ultimately venomous wars between members, one of whom is almost always yourself? It is. Your new account is two days old, you have 31 posts, and the vast majority of them are already either retorts, rebuttals, or defenses. I know you believe you mean well, but a logical analysis clearly establishes there is a negative pattern here, Konrad/KJD/Aspirin, and you are at the center of it. Please consider the precedent you have set, whether you intend it or not, as being an Agitator. I never shy from spirited, vigorous debate, but it is not just the two of us in this public forum, and agitation is the byproduct of your intended sharing of your personal knowledge. If you don't want agitation to be the byproduct of your posts, and sincerely want your head full of information to be considered instead of detested, then adjust your approach. Here at Hobbysquawk, members are expected to participate in this community with a level of respect and care which --you'll debate this part-- you have not demonstrated in the majority of your posts. This isn't from me, this is from the many people in this community you have upset. Knowledge finds no root if wielded like a blunt force object. A wise man recognizes this, and adjusts accordingly. According to posts from several members publicly, and a pile of more messages in my PM box, you, Konrad/KJD/Aspirin in their opinion threaten the sense of Community they cherish most about Hobbysquawk. This isn't up for debate, you cannot unsay for them what they have said to me. It is how they feel. I will not post their names publicly because they came to me in confidence. But you, sir, are in the minority.

Diversity is a beautiful thing, and we at Hobbysquawk welcome it. But there are ways to express oneself in order to be heard and not reviled. Which, unfortunately, you have come to be in this online community and other communities online. It is my duty, my responsibility, my prerogative, to protect the harmony of this online community, Hobbysquawk, because, frankly, I pay for it.

I really enjoyed your interchange with T-Cat about the ESC programming card. Your post showed respect for his post, and valuable information was exchanged. Many members, however, remain skeptical that at any moment another thread will veer off course. I am not asking, nor do I expect, you or anyone to change who they are when participating in this online community. But if what one writes agitates a considerable number of members within a community, consistently, over many occasions and using three different usernames, it becomes undeniable that you are the lowest common denominator. You have rebutted similar assertions in the past with many common defenses, to which I will say there are other forums online that have a higher tolerance for your brand of inflammatory posting style, but this community isn't one of them. I have known many knowledgable men, screaming at walls of their own making. True wisdom is in sharing knowledge in a way where others can hear it.

Konrad/KJD/Aspirin, this post serves as your final warning. If I receive one more complaint from any of the members about any of your posts, your account will be banned, and any future usernames you might attempt to create will be banned upon discovery without discussion. Consider you are the only member in Hobbysquawk history to have elicited more than one PM'd complaint from another member, ever. This is your final warning. This is not to be construed as a personal attack. Every member has potential to share and contribute positively to this Community, but *ANY* member about whom I received this many complaints would be banned just the same.

Warm Regards,
      Alpha
      Alpha,
      Agree, and thank you!

Now to the membership if I appear to be a bunt force and a hatch job please feel free to contact me in the post or through PM. While I have a very different style my aim is and always has been to share with and learn from all, not to antagonize the management or the membership. My true aim is to make Hobby Squawk a better place and a place to help all (you and I) get the most from this great hobby. The tool I have and use to accomplish this is the exchange of technical knowledge. I'm not the touchy feely type. I look to data to set us free. And if that is threatening, I apologize in advance.

T-Cat took the exchange in the spirit it was given. He could have very well thought that I was trying to put him on the spot. That was not the case. I was trying to help make the point that there is a lot of potential locked in the ESC and with proper understand and with the use of the card it could be extracted. I salute T-Cat for seeing the exchange for what is was and not try to tilt and windmills for agendas that weren't there.

Season Greeting and warm wishes to you and your loved ones,
      Konrad, KJD, Aspirin

Comment

[QUOTE=Aspirin;n54798]

Alpha,
        Agree, and thank you!

" My true aim is to make Hobby Squawk a better place and a place to help all (you and I) get the most from this great hobby. "

Hobby Squawk became a better place without Konrad. It became a better place without KJD. And it will be a better place without Aspirin.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Here is what it's all about!

Comment

Why the change from a flying stab to a chamber changing control system? Is this part of that “right now verse 2 steps ahead” comment?
            What is the flight time or more to the point amp draw as shown? I seem to be getting about an added minute, compared with the video length, with My 80mm fans (Mirage and F-5) on the same battery but driving a 9 bladed Jetfan 80mm rotor.

I thought it was all about the membership. And that this jet was just icing on the cake!

All the best,
            Konrad

Comment

TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

[QUOTE=Lon;n54815]
                Originally posted by Aspirin View Post

Alpha,
                Agree, and thank you!

" My true aim is to make Hobby Squawk a better place and a place to help all (you and I) get the most from this great hobby. "

Hobby Squawk became a better place without Konrad. It became a better place without KJD. And it will be a better place without Aspirin.

TireIronGRB,
                Love It!!!!

Comment

TireIronGRB,
                  Love It!!!!
                  That wasn't my intent...
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

That can be a problem with posts, there are many interpretations of intent and agendas.

Still I love it. And I thank you for it.

All the best,
                    Konrad

Comment

Well, I'm new to HobbySquawk and this is he first I've heard of the give-a-way. I've got to say that the more I see of what MRC is doing for this great hobby, the more I like this company.

As a USAF vet of 22 yrs, it's refreshing to see the dedication you folks put into presenting a quality product and creating a community fostering mutual respect. The fact that it all centers around model aviation is just awesome.

I wouldn't mind adding this jet to my hanger at all. Thanks Motion RC Team!

Comment

TJ,

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments.

And thank you for your service!
                        Pat

Comment

I'd like to add my welcome.
                          Yes, MotionRC and Hobby Squawk have made concerted efforts in the continual improvement of the products and service they provide.

As Pat said, Thank you for your service. Not just to you but your family and loved one. Military service has to be one of the most difficult ways to serve

Again thank you,
                          Konrad

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            Some guys just don't get it! Oh well, he'll be gone soon....
                            Konrad, get some serious help.

Grossman56
                            What's with all the "Deleted in the sprit and in the goodwill exemplified by Alpha" from "Aspirin"? I noticed that his account was "suspended" at RCGroups. Do you have to do something really bad to get suspended? I'd also like to commend Alpha for giving him a 3rd chance but as per the design of this thread .........................
                            Since this contest is for newly registered members, does that mean that "Aspirin" is now entered in the contest but the rest of us already registered members are not? Hmmmm, would "xviper3" be eligible? .............................. J/K.

Comment

"I" deleted the arguments I made in support of my position. I did this as they often put some of the membership in a bad light and could have or should have embarrassed some. That never was my intent

RCGroups is not Hobby Squawk. (thank goodness!)

And No, I'm not in the new member pool.

Let it go.
                              If you want to discuss it in detail as adults please PM me.

All the best,
                              Konrad

Comment

"I" deleted the arguments I made is support of my position. I did this as they often put some of the membership in a bad light and could have or should have embarrassed some. That never was my intent

RCGroups is not Hobby Squawk. (thank goodness!)

And No, I'm not in the new member pool.

Let it go.
                                If you want to discuss it in detail as adults please PM me.

All the best,
                                Konrad
                                Actually, after this point, I will have ZERO interactions with you. As for "let it go", you are NOT in a position to give orders to anyone here. Clearly, simply deleting all your own posts does NOT mean you have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                  Let's all return this thread to an on topic discussion about the free plane we're giving away. Pretty neat news, I think! What other forum gives away free planes from time to time? Not many.

Any discussion about a member should be discussed in a different thread where such discussion is on topic for that thread. I won't allow attacks from any side to continue unabated. We're not bullies, gentlemen. Remember that. There is much more we can do to contribute to the growth and positivity of the Hobbysquawk community than focus on any single member.
                                  Lets try and keep this thread on topic.

Comment

I wish I could be in the running for this contest. They wouldn't even have to pay for shipping :p

Comment

To all the people on Hobby Squawk, I just received notice from Alpha that, for the third time, Konrad/KJD/Asprin has been banned from HobbySquawk.
                                      As Teeks said, lets get back on topic. Anyone who knows me, knows that I really enjoy the forum and as a moderator, try to be as fair as I can, so if any newcomers are curious as to why, please feel free to PM me or Alpha.
                                      Now, back to the contest. How many new people have ever run across a forum that would offer a contest entry like this for simply signing up to the best R/C forum on the net??!!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Agreed on the back on topic. I think what MRC is doing here is great. I still haven't seen any details about this give away. I just stumbled on the thread while exploring HobbySquawk. When is it supposed to happen?

Comment

I haven't any info to pass on, the guys are keeping pretty tight lipped about this. I'm wondering if this is going to happen Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, your guess is as good as mine!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X