X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site error

Getting not authorized to view this pop up when going full screen on picture uploads. The picture still uploads but it is throwing a error.
    AMA 1102566

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
    Getting not authorized to view this pop up when going full screen on picture uploads. The picture still uploads but it is throwing a error.
    please send me a link to a post which is showing the error.
    A few questions
    1. are you logged in when getting the error
    2. what device and browser are you using.
    3. please clear your browser's cache and let us know if the problem is resolved.

Mark

Comment

MY modelling thread in the off topic form. I was posting pictures. I use Ubuntu and Chrome.
      AMA 1102566

Comment

I don't know if it is just me but I am having a terrible time navigating the new site. Not even sure where to start in trying to describe it. I keep getting stuck in places I can't seem to get out of....

Comment

My only problem is that I have no login box at the top right, in the blue line. I discovered that I can click where it is supposed to be and the username/ password box comes up. Mark has been very good about trying to help me with this, but it's no biggie, since I can login. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            I don't know if it is just me but I am having a terrible time navigating the new site. Not even sure where to start in trying to describe it. I keep getting stuck in places I can't seem to get out of....
            can you please try to give me some more details. The site navigation really didnt change, so you should not be getting stuck anywhere. An example would help us troubleshoot the problem.

Thank you

Comment

It is all better now. I had lost the menu icon but I am good now. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                It is all better now. I had lost the menu icon but I am good now. Thanks.
                Glad to hear this.

How is everyone else doing? Any bugs or issues that still remain?

Comment

I still cannot get to the forums on my iPad, going to https://www.hobbysquak.com gives an error that looks like the domain is unavailable, I can post the error when I get home tonight. If I go to https://www.hobbysquak.com/forums everything is fine. My iPhone and desktop computers work just fine.

Comment

This thread describes my issue. I will try the IP address to see if that works. Without sounding like a jerk I am in I.T. professional, been at this for 31 years now. I design software and and build networks, I'm a jack of all trades so I'm happy to help troubleshoot but I have tried the obvious like clearing caches, rebooting and so forth. :)

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                      I still cannot get to the forums on my iPad, going to https://www.hobbysquak.com gives an error that looks like the domain is unavailable, I can post the error when I get home tonight. If I go to https://www.hobbysquak.com/forums everything is fine. My iPhone and desktop computers work just fine.
                      First, I assume you meant hobbysquawk.com and not hobbysquak.com ??
                      Second, https;//www.hobbysquawk.com/forums is not a valid address, so if you type that in your browser you will get an Invalid Page URL error.

Assuming the website URL is correct, I think your issue is related to browser caching, although this is less common on tablets. Not sure if you are using Safari or Chrome.

If Safari see this page https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265

If Chrome see this page: https://support.google.com/chrome/an...rm%3DiOS&hl=en

Let us know if you this solves the issue.

Comment

Hey Mark, attached os the error that I received. I typed the above post and did not proof read it, my bad.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com gives the error.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum works.

I'll give this a try and report back.
                        You can choose to delete existing cookies, allow or block all cookies, and set preferences for certain websites. Important: If you are part of the Tracking Protection test group, you will see a new C

Attached Files

Comment

Ok, looking at the link you gave I see that I've already been down that road, I stopped however from doing this on my iPad because it says it will remove the data from all synced devices, it does not seem that I can selectively remove data pertaining to these forums alone. What I did weeks ago was to go on my PC and remove anything related to the forum then re-login on my iPad, still got the error.

Safari works fine, this seems to be isolated to Chrome (for me).

Comment

Because I really want to know why I'm having this problem I went ahead and cleared the cookies on my iPad, although Chrome indicated that this would take effect across all synced devices is so far has only impacted my iPad. My laptop and iPhone seem to be fine, no cookies appear to have been removed.

My iPad now works.

Comment

The fact that it works on Safari but not on Chrome clearly indicates a browser cache issue and not an error on our server. I have tested the site on two different ipads in our home and both connect with every variation of hobbysquawk.com . I understand your hesitation to remove the cache as it may impact other devices, however, if find that clearing cache is actually helpful occasionally as it will help ensure I have the latest version of all the websites I frequent; it seems to keep things running smoothly. The cache also builds back relatively quickly. I'm pretty confident once you clear the cache on Chrome you will be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                Because I really want to know why I'm having this problem I went ahead and cleared the cookies on my iPad, although Chrome indicated that this would take effect across all synced devices is so far has only impacted my iPad. My laptop and iPhone seem to be fine, no cookies appear to have been removed.

My iPad now works.
                                LOL, you replied faster than I did. I'm glad you got this fixed and that it didnt impact your other devices. Also glad I wont be up until 2am troubleshooting IT issues :shy:

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
                                  Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin

Getting this frequently and I'm signed in. Really weird as it's intermittent.

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Just noticed that the users location is not showing in the blue box to the left under the avatar and user name. Is this intentional..........hope not.
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Not intentional. There was a small bug related to the location field that was affecting browsing for guest users. We are working on a fix and should have it back shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.MotionRC View Post
                                        Not intentional. There was a small bug related to the location field that was affecting browsing for guest users. We are working on a fix and should have it back shortly.
                                        Must be the preparation for the Wart Hog pre-release has waylaid the "have it back shortly" aspect of the fix or the bug was BIGGER than the fix swatter. LOL
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                        X