You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the worst CRASH you ever had? Let us see your photo.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've have so many crashes, and I THINK I've learned from each one. There's two I'll share w/you at this time. One was my Dynam Corsair and the other a converted Hirobo Shuttle. The Corsair was flying pretty much as it should have, however, the pilot hadn't perfected his skills. I flew out of control right into a tree. The good news is I have rebuilt it this past winter and she's ready to take to the air again with hopefully a better skill set at the controls. :Sweating:
    The Shuttle was being flown around 40 feet high when the battery slide from its mount, knocked the canopy off, disconnected power from the heli and you know the rest. :Angry: It also has been rebuilt. I took it to the field recently. Now there seems to be a clutch issue that I need to check out.
    Attached Files

Comment

This was not mine, but a friend who had a rather light crash. After collecting the plane, it began to smoke. The results speak for themselves.
      MRC: Avanti S, F7F Tigercat. Eflite: Carbon Z Cub, A-10, P-47, Micro Radian. Flex Innovations: QQ300, Night Cessna 150, HK Night Walrus, Parkzone F-27 Stryker, Micro F-27 Stryker, Night Vapor, Micro Mosquito

Comment

Wow the RC equivalent of Spontaneous Combustion! :Scared:
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Fires in foam are no joke. Yikes! :Scared:

Comment

The guys have give me a hard time because even when i don't carry a nitro i still have a fire extinguisher at my stand.
            Dewey l

Comment

I'm on my third Freewing F-86. I lost the first one due to dumb thumbs, the second was a loss of signal event. So far my third one is intact, she is a nice flying plane and one I would replace again if I loose it.

Both crashes were straight in at full power and looked pretty much the same.

Comment

Ouch. Sorry to see that...Hopefully the third one is the charm. ;)
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Wow they came in hard. Were they spiral ins or straight in. Sorry to see such nice planes like that. When 55 went in it was a spiral and my fault for not cycling a nimh battery like i shoud have that had been setting for a while. My friend didnt have any power to the reciever. It went to zero in about 1 minute after checking everthing out before the flight.
                  Dewey l

Comment

Well the worst crash was my Gold Edition Corsair. I do believe that someone turned on their radio on the same frequency (72 MHz) It was bad enough that I had to drive my truck to the crash site on the club field to retrieve the plane. :(This was at my club that I was at is in Clovis New Mexico several years ago I sort of miss flying there. The sad part about this is that I spent nearly a year building this Corsair.

Comment

It's not a big and difficult crash but it's interesting. Sudden voltage drop on an old LiPo 3S ,causing a loss of drive and the ability to manage on my renovated Fun Cub.It's happened at the third attempt of the outer loop.On board cam 808/16 separated during the inverted landing (only possible in this moment) and recorded the'' gentle ground touch'' in 4:47...fortunately no big damage. Thanks for your time !

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                        Well the worst crash was my Gold Edition Corsair. I do believe that someone turned on their radio on the same frequency (72 MHz) It was bad enough that I had to drive my truck to the crash site on the club field to retrieve the plane. :(This was at my club that I was at is in Clovis New Mexico several years ago I sort of miss flying there. The sad part about this is that I spent nearly a year building this Corsair.
                        Nooooooo, not the Corsair! :Crying:
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I've had so many I cannot say the words; it might be "Bad Karma"

Comment

I would but the worst crash disintegrated everything
                            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Find some wood to knock.on.:)
                              Dewey l

Comment

I would show you a photo but it would only be of a pond, and I'm not swimming with alligators!

Comment

Hey man why not. Youve heard of swiming with the dolphines.LOL
                                  Dewey l

Comment

My Carbon Z Cub with AcemigKiller at the controls. Great flying right till things went bad. Electronic or Mechanical failure, we don't know which. Good news thanks to AceMig, it was back into the air in a week.

MRC: Avanti S, F7F Tigercat. Eflite: Carbon Z Cub, A-10, P-47, Micro Radian. Flex Innovations: QQ300, Night Cessna 150, HK Night Walrus, Parkzone F-27 Stryker, Micro F-27 Stryker, Night Vapor, Micro Mosquito

Comment

My 105mm J-10....... low high speed pass was looking good,

Click image for larger version  Name:	18010508_1702854986398222_3611076078086890802_n.jpg Views:	2 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	74935

until...... the ground just jumped up out of no where.

Click image for larger version  Name:	17952886_1702276596456061_1713543485929630069_n.jpg Views:	3 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	74937

It was one of those "I punched him in the fist with my face" moments. DOH!

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                        My 105mm J-10....... low high speed pass was looking good.

It was one of those "I punched him in the fist with my face" moments. DOH!
                                        It was a garbage bag full for sure :)

TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I can never remember to take a camera to the crash site with me for some reason...;) The worst as far as outright destruction was my LX twin 70mm F-22. Full throttle pass with Freewing Inrunners in it, at about 130 mph, one of the leading edge slats started to flutter, then half tore away from the wing. The resulting foam explosion was legendary. There was foam fully 20 feet from the impact site, and the battery flew a good 30 yards. It went almost straight lawn dart, and the nose was about 6 inches in the dirt. The only thing that didn't break was one of the vertical stabs.

Comment

Working...
                                          X