Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the worst CRASH you ever had? Let us see your photo.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

It was a garbage bag full for sure :)
    Yes. It was the trash bag of shame... :Loser: but then you said in those now infamous words, "I think I can fix that" and sure enough you did. :Cool:

Comment

I had a wing fold up on my EFlite 1100mm P-47D during a high-speed, high-g turn. It didn't end well for the Thunderbolt.
      Attached Files
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

Funny Oxotnik, mine looked about the same. I was doing a low max performance 360, and clipped and ear of corn in the field. That thing cartwheeled about 10 times!!!

Comment

I might have just topped my previous crash, this time with one of my all time favorites, my Flying Styro Kit Mosquito. I was filming air-to-air footage with a quad, and just got too slow. She dropped a tip and disappeared into the forest. 4 days of searching later, I found it. There wasn't much left, it went down in a thorn bush that acted like a giant paper shredder. 3mm depron doesn't take a hit nearly as nicely as epo, she will be missed..

Comment

DD, I'm impressed! That was a serious crash!
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

Hello Chuck , I'm sorry but the height and the speed did not go with you (P-47 fatal crash :().
              All the best next time.

Comment

Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
                Hello Chuck , I'm sorry but the height and the speed did not go with you (P-47 fatal crash :().
                All the best next time.
                That is true. I was maneuvering to intercept a jet, to get some 'gun camera' video. I was at high speed, making a reversal turn. I banked and yanked, but the combination of high speed and the high-g turn was too much for the plane, and the left wing snapped. At the speed and height (tree top), when the wing broke, it was over in just a few very short seconds. When it smashed into the ground, I was standing with my mouth open, thinking, "What the heck just happened?" It wasn't until I slowed down the video, that I discovered that the wing had broken. I'm glad that I was flying the onboard camera and that the sun was where it was, or I'd never have known what had happened.
                ---
                Warbirder

Comment

Hi Chuck , together we carried out an amateur investigation into RC-aviation (YT) accident....I wish you a nice and cozy weekend in Madison County

Comment

This is what happens when you fly over your head and right behind you is a light pole.

P-38 Lightning 0 - Light Pole 1

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8728.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	75320
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      This is what happens when you fly over your head and right behind you is a light pole.

P-38 Lightning 0 - Light Pole 1
                      Noooooooooooo! Say it isn't so!
                      ---
                      Warbirder

Comment

Man o man Aros............:( How can you sit down :Thinking:cause your touch hole has to be aching :Crying2:
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I have to admit, that is probably the most destroyed foam aircraft that I have ever seen. Wow! Just... wow! Hopefully, MRC will give you a really good deal on a replacement!!
                          ---
                          Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
                            Hi Chuck , together we carried out an amateur investigation into RC-aviation (YT) accident....I wish you a nice and cozy weekend in Madison County
                            Josip, I appreciate the discussion, both here and on the YouTube video. Constructive discussion is always good.
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

Oh man, Aros. That hurts just looking at it. :(

Comment

Sorry folks, didn't mean to mislead...This is a photo I found from years ago. It isn't the FlightLine RC P-38 (Thank GOD), it was an E-flite P-38. At WOT she didn't stand a chance. That's what I get for standing close to a light pole and flying over my head. It was earlier in the hobby for me. Didn't make THAT mistake again!

:Loser:
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                  Sorry folks, didn't mean to mislead...This is a photo I found from years ago. It isn't the FlightLine RC P-38 (Thank GOD), it was an E-flite P-38. She didn't stand a chance.
                                  In that case, do you have video? I'd love to see mass destruction of an EFlite plane. LOL
                                  (Just kidding. I'd never wish anyone's plane be destroyed).
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

Nah, I actually wish I did! That would have been pretty spectacular! LOL
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Usually, when I fly, I have a little video camera velcro'd on the bill of my ball cap. I tell my friends that it's my NTSB evidence camera. :Cool:
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

LOL LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I'm flying my P-38 (today ) Been in the air for several minutes. Noticed I hadn't connected my neck strap to my transmitter. Reached with one hand to connect. Connected it and heard my transmitter make some familiar tones.....THE TONES IT MAKES WHEN TURNING THE POWER OFF!!!!! YIKES! !#$@@!# No, not in time, power on.
                                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Working...
                                          X