Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys are going to love the "Lippy"!
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• :Cool:Building it now.

Comment

• Did a maiden on the HK j3 Cub. Fantastic little bird.
        AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
          Did a maiden on the HK j3 Cub. Fantastic little bird.
          That's awesome, I'm glad you like it.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• :Crying2: Another FOOT OF SNOW......AAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH. And it is so light and fluffy that you can't even use skis :Dizzy:
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I'm glad I left NY... :Whew:

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                :Crying2: Another FOOT OF SNOW......AAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH. And it is so light and fluffy that you can't even use skis :Dizzy:
                That’s where you need a chopper WC! I can see a big NAVY SH-60 Seahawk fitting in nicely with the naval fleet ;). And besides, hovering over puffy snow always looks awesome. Or, you could could come down here to TX.. 65 and sunny today!

Comment

• Got some cold 'n (too) windy (for this newb) weather around these parts today. Did get some more stick time in the Trainer yesterday. Working on my approach and landing... with some cross winds. Did really good, feeling my confidence building day by day. Today is gonna be a shop day with the Corsair. Gonna swap out the landing gear. Also broke down and purchased the DX6 and an Admiral 6-channel DSMX compatible receiver. Those should be here by the end of the week though. Then I can bind it to the Trainer as well as the Corsair and get stick time with the sticks I plan to use for a while. :Cool:
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

That’s where you need a chopper WC! I can see a big NAVY SH-60 Seahawk fitting in nicely with the naval fleet ;). And besides, hovering over puffy snow always looks awesome. Or, you could could come down here to TX.. 65 and sunny today!
                    That chopper skills boat sailed a year ago when I sold the 300 and 500 FBL's. I suck in comparison to what I've seen of your skills.
                    I'm now spending the higher expenses of heli's on "LARGE" scale warbirds. :Cool:( I blame that on TJ ;))
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• First flight on the scoot after repaint. Windy here but tolerable. Flew with the turnigy 5000 brick. Makes her a lot heavier and harder to slow down. But good for wind. 3:55, 3.78 per cell.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20180315_123128.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	123122Click image for larger version

Name:	20180315_123436.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	123123
                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Flew the Little Bird, Apache, B-24, and B-17 today. Wind was on and off throughout the afternoon, but I had a very enjoyable afternoon of flying despite a nasty incident with my B-24. Here are some awesome pics of the choppers taken by a fellow club member.

Comment

• Maiden flight and 2 others on my E-Flite 1200mm Clipped Wing Cub on floats.

Pat

Comment

• That’s a pretty confident maiden Pat. Nice job!

Comment

• Today's flight

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                                That’s a pretty confident maiden Pat. Nice job!
                                The video is actually of the 3rd flight, but the maiden was pretty much the same. :)

I had actually flown one of these last month, just not on floats, so I knew pretty much how it handled in the air. And I was surprised at how nimble it still was even with those big ol' floats on it.
                                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  Maiden flight and 2 others on my E-Flite 1200mm Clipped Wing Cub on floats.
                                  The thing that caught my attention was the exposed knees of pic #4. Am so envious of you south westerners this time of year.:P
                                  Three Nor'easters in the past two weeks :Loser:
                                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

• LOL Yeah Charlie, definitely nice to be in the southern states. I grew up in North Florida, did 6 years in the Air Force (San Antonio, Monterey CA, San Angelo TX, 3 years in Germany), then came back home to Florida after, and now in Phoenix. You can't pay me enough to live anywhere up north! :)
                                    Pat

Comment

• Hey the sun is out in Wyoming!
                                      Got four flights in before the 20 mph cross wind showed up. Had the Bearcat up and she pretty well hover landed in. Was actually fun as I have an excess of power with the 650kv so it was a matter of Manually turned her around and taxied off the runway, kept wanting to weather vain something badly, but it was a great learning experience. Let the Season begin !!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Maiden on my Lippisch, Crusader, and Mig 15. The Lippisch was great, the Mig took a dive immediately after launch and mushed the nose, and the Crusader faired much differently..without any notice it lost all it's impeller blades (a total mystery why) but landed on it's belly after a good toss and came out of it fine. My issue is with the MIG 15, however. Although all three planes have the same fan and power requirements, all three consume the same power from Admiral 1600 3S 30C batteries, the Mig appears to be severely under powered. Have I missed something? As far as the fan losing all it's blades, this is another woooeeeeeoooo mystery. FWIW the Diana is wonderful with more than enough power and speed. Takes forever to land due to it's extreme glide ratio and could probably use a rudder to perform a slipped/crabbed landing or some sort of spoilers. All in all everyone was impressed with it and I think a few more will be purchased soon from my flying buddies. :-D

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Where are you located, that you don't have to worry about putting your planes in the shade?
                                          Central IL, lets say there is a lot of cornfields, excellent for thermals...

Comment

Working...
                                          X