X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you fly today?

First flight of the new year on the FMS 1400mm T-28.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

I get to hear about everyone flying, we have a record snow year! Boo hum, in time at least some else is flying. That photo just the first day after a month of constant snow. Enjoy buddy! Matt No longer C/Sw/ MRC.

Comment

I flew one of my L4s today, when it's below freezing I fly something without retracts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7546.JPG Views:	1 Size:	164.5 KB ID:	56866
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by starcop View Post
        I get to hear about everyone flying, we have a record snow year! Boo hum, in time at least some else is flying. That photo just the first day after a month of constant snow. Enjoy buddy! Matt C/S

Get a Dynam PBY Catalina, I can't wait till it snows here...it's supposed to tonight.
        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by starcop View Post
          I get to hear about everyone flying, we have a record snow year! Boo hum, in time at least some else is flying. That photo just the first day after a month of constant snow. Enjoy buddy! Matt C/S
          Hey Matt.......just keep those Erie and Ontario lake effects on your door step cause I don't need them along with the Finger Lakes smashing me.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

We're looking at a wintry mix tonight. I got a new bird in the shop to work on while it snows. While flying the T-28 yesterday, I used my Blackhawk shooting gloves as an experiment. They took some getting used to, but I can definitely use them for flying. I can feel the switches OK. Definitely warmer than bare fingers.

TiredIronGRB....Love the big wheels on the L4.
            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

What a great post topic, this should be a "sticky". I could imagine dozens of posts on this topic on a Saturday in the summertime. Meanwhile, weather is bad here in sunny Norcal as well. Have flown on one weekend day in the last month :dodgy:.

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                What a great post topic, this should be a "sticky". I could imagine dozens of posts on this topic on a Saturday in the summertime. Meanwhile, weather is bad here in sunny Norcal as well. Have flown on one weekend day in the last month :dodgy:.
                Too much work, I'll have to post everyday ;)

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Too much work, I'll have to post everyday ;)
                  Haaaaa.........so what is the number count now on days in a row???
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Haaaaa.........so what is the number count now on days in a row???

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Your amazing and I'm so green from envy
                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                        Your amazing and I'm so green from envy
                        I don't know about that...crazy maybe...I don't know if I'll be able to stop now.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I think most of the planet is jealous of TI.:cool: Sweet hangar and flies everyday, will you adopt me?

Comment

We didn't get much snow...but I did get out the Catalina....better chance of snow tonight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7569.JPG
Views:	1670
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	56937
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                              I flew one of my L4s today, when it's below freezing I fly something without retracts.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_7546.JPG Views:	1 Size:	164.5 KB ID:	56866
                              Kewl, airplane there. Dang, I want to fly now!!!! Snow is so deep and, brutally cold out. Matt

Comment

It's a nice plane, the only bad thing about is that it didn't come from Motion RC...I got two of these before the Hobby King web site went tits up.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Had an afternoon off to fly today finally. Put up my Dallas Doll for confidence and to shake some rust, the P-39, my 2nd Nemesis (Aku II), and another 2 fun runs on the Stinger 90. Thanks Doc, I needed that. Hope you guys catch a weather break this weekend.

Comment

The only thing I've flown is the simulator. Chicago's artic temps and wind haven't been condusive to good flying.

Comment

Didn't fly much this week. I got a bunch of flights in on Tuesday though with both p39s, my Seawind and a few FPV planes. I plan to fly again Sunday, with my new p38 addition.

Comment

Cold today...

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                        X