Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, I wish I had an airstrip at my house.... that would be so sweet.

Comment

It was a nice mild 55° here in Mesa this morning. Two flights each on the Mig-21 and F7F-3 Tigercat!
      Pat

Comment

17 last night here. Supposed to be 11 tonight. Too cold for me. But later this week we should see 70!
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

It's supposed to be 8 here tonight, 22 tomorrow...probably fly the Stinson and L4 (no retracts).
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

It was 24...but the wind was worse...

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Nice flying! Quite the commitment to go fly in those conditions, when I lived in MN I tried flying in temps like that once and convinced myself I'd rather stay in the shop and build. Also are those power lines as close as they look? I know if I ever flew there it would just be a matter of time before I nailed one with a high speed pass :p.

Comment

33F here today. Just one other hardcore flyer showed up to fly with me. We flew until we got completely frozen. Lots of fun. Just shooting approaches with the T-28 under a wintertime overcast.

Thank goodness for Carhartt!

Comment

I flew the Starship USS Ennterprise today!
                  Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

Great Scot! NCC1701

Comment

Corsair...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7578.JPG
Views:	481
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	57208
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

TI how do you like that Corsair? Have you done any mods or is it stock?

Comment

50 degrees low wind, pretty nice other than the mushiness from the snow melt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7583.JPG
Views:	515
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	57386
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

The P-47 and P-38

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7598.JPG Views:	1 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	58017

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7606.JPG Views:	1 Size:	152.9 KB ID:	58018
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Get one of your flying buds to get a vid of that Razor flying so DD an Aeros and I (and the rest of the Squawkers;)) get to experience that beauty with the 16" prop on 4S.
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

We have a fly-in tomorrow so I'll try to do that.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I flew yesterday... My whole fleet. only plane not in the pic is my rebel.

Comment

Three flights a piece today on all these birds but the A-10, (only once). Massive turkey invasion, tracks everywhere. May have to rename the field Westside (Turkey Track & ) Field. :cool:

Comment

Maidened the Freewing 80mm Super Scorpion today and got two good flights on her!

Flight 1 took a pretty long roll on our rough grass field. She needed a ton of up trim with the batttery(Admiral 6s 4000 60C) even with the intakes and the stabilators neutral. After some nail-biting trimming while flying against a dark gray overcast, she gave me a near perfect landing.

Flight 2 had the stabilators in the correct position for much shorter takeoff roll, positive acceleration in the climbout, and some basic aerobatics. Landing this time I did get the bounce. Poured on the power and did a go-around. Next time around I got a smaller bounce followed by a nice touchdown.

The gear are tough and this planes looks and flies the part. Nicely done! A fun plane. Might even order another one.

Comment

Thanks for your maiden report, Seaviper! I do like the retracts on this bird, it makes for easier landings. Are you landing with flaps? Mine with full flaps seems to blank out the stabs a little bit, so I tend to land without flaps at all.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Man this is a nice jet. You guys got this one right. I am seriously impressed with the 80mm power system too. Outstanding!

Today we had about 5kts of wind straight down the centerline and constant.

I used 40mm flap deflection at full throw as per the manual. Procedure I used was to hit the pattern very similar to the 1400mm T-28. Power reduction and 1st notch of flaps(20mm) on downwind, gear on base, then full flaps and more power reduction on final.
                                          My approach is flown nose down with a little power (like 20%), then power off before the initial round out at about 3-4 ft high. After that I pull power off and she just slowly settles. I finesse it with back pressure.
                                          This is really different from what I thought it would be. Other jets I set down with constant attitude and throttle reduction. This one is very aerodynamic and very sensitive to power changes. Plus the power system is pretty powerful.
                                          I love it.

The gear is awesome. Our field has a reputation for killing retracts. Not a problem for this ship. I didn't notice any play or problems with the gear.

I haven't noticed the blanked stab yet. But I only have two flights on her. And we are looking at several days of rain here. So I'll fly her some more when the weather permits.

What happens when the blanking occurs? Do you get some sort of oscillation or buffeting?

Oh yeah, those collars that secure the stabilators? Mine caused the stabs to bind when tightened. I think this is because the turn and bind on one side. I just used the cable tie (zip tie) solution and it works great.

Comment

Working...
                                          X