Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flew the Super Scorpion today in a little too much wind. On landing ,my right gear popped out. It just had a little bit of glue on it. I guess after 10 flights on a grass field it decided to let go. The other gear is in solid, but the right one was barely glued at all. I will be sure and check my other jets for this.
    Anyway, no real damage other than a broken nose cone, front gear door pin, and my pride. I can repair the nose cone easy enough. Had to order a nose door and got a spare nose cone just in case. Got to work on my high wind technique!
    Man the Scorpion flew great. I love this plane.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I put 2 flights on my 1500mm FMS P-47, Flightline Bearcat, and 80mm F-86 today in next to no wind. All were fantastic flyers, the big P-47 has next to unlimited performance now, and the F-86 is just always a joy to fly. Also maidened my LX YF-23 with the Freewing 12 blade power setup. That thing is a bullet! I am guessing around 110 mph flat out. It is a rock solid, stable model and didn't require a single click of trim. Unfortunately, on landing it rolled off of the runway near the end of the rollout. The grass pulled back on the nosewheel, and snapped the forward fuse! Luckily it was a clean break, so it has already been fixed, but I was quite surprised that it snapped that quickly.

Comment

One flight on my FMS 1500mm P-47D Razorback...I had two sorties planned but my replacement C clip flew off (the original did as well after the maiden) when I landed ending my sorties for the day. Great flyer though!

Click image for larger version  Name:	zombiemaiden2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	59744
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Good looking Jug!

I had four sorties planned today. Mine ended after two due to wind and pilot error. I pulled power too quick, landed in a rough part of the runway, and one of my mains came unglued.
          She's ready for tomorrow now. All I have to do is sand, putty, and a paint in the morning.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20170127_133352.jpg Views:	1 Size:	263.7 KB ID:	59748Click image for larger version  Name:	20170127_133411.jpg Views:	1 Size:	190.5 KB ID:	59747Click image for larger version  Name:	20170127_224649.jpg Views:	1 Size:	230.0 KB ID:	59749

Comment

Thanks seaviper!

How you liking your Scorpion?
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I really like the Scorpion. In my air force it has replaced the T-28 as the everyday flier or currency machine. So far she has 10 flights or 32minutes of flight time.

Comment

Day 194… Finally a day without 20mph winds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Day_194.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	60463
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Maybe there are a lot of red and black planes...Monday after work for an hour, two flights a piece with long shadows, and then two more illuminated with the Brave after the sun went down. Weatherman says I'm done for a while...

Comment

Maidened the F-5 today. Two flights on the F-5 and two on the Super Scorpion. Got some Mobius video that will be uploaded later.

Comment

Flew the second flight today on my LX YF-23. Also 2 flights on my 80mm F-86, 1500mm FMS P-47, and FL Bearcat, and one on my Durafly Spitfire Mk1. Was a great morning for flying with winds less than 5 mph almost until noon.

Comment

How you like that YF-23? Always wanted to get that model...Your landing had my heart in my throat! :eyeswide
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          How you like that YF-23? Always wanted to get that model...Your landing had my heart in my throat! :eyeswide
                          It's actually a pretty good flier. Didn't need a single click of trim on the maiden, and is quite stable. It is fast, and you have just the silhouette for orientation, so I wouldn't do anything much in aerobatics. Yeah, the landing and takeoff were a bit rough, I really need to decrease my elevator throw a bit. One of the more surprising tendencies of the model is how much it floats in ground effect. On the maiden, I made a smooth approach and flare, and it floated halfway down the runway before touching down. This time, I took a steeper approach and flared a bit too much. Things to adjust for next time I guess.

Comment

Yours wasn't too bad at all. You should see my HSD F-16's maiden takeoff. Holy crap I am a professional dumb thumber at times. :Silly:
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Looks like a nice flying plane. And my heart was in my throat too. Nice save.

Here in northerrn Illinois we are relegated to indoor flying so I flew my Twisted Hobbys Mini Crack Yak.

Jack
                              Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

Actually this was yesterday.
                                Also I mistakenly clicked on the thing that lets youtube stabilize the video. Oh well, I'm not going to re-upload it.

Camera is held on by a single 2 inch piece of Velcro. Works fine.
                                Last edited by seaviper; Feb 5, 2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I didn't go out today, but yesterday, I had a great warbird day. I flew my FLRC P-38 (twice), Freewing Mossie (twice), Freewing FW-190 (twice), EFlite P-47, EFlite Adagio (once, but once too many. I hate the plane), and I buddy-boxed a Timber 4 or 5 times with my daughter. All of the planes were dialed in and flew really well. It was a great day out.

---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

I flew my SIG Somethin' Extra. 46 degrees and 6-8 mph - what a good day for flying (for northern Illinois.)
                                    Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                      ...EFlite Adagio (once, but once too many. I hate the plane)...
                                      Funny you should say that. I bought the Adagio last year and absolutely hated it. I always can find something I like about any model I fly and I couldn't think of anything I liked about that one. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Funny you should say that. I bought the Adagio last year and absolutely hated it. I always can find something I like about any model I fly and I couldn't think of anything I liked about that one. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
                                        I got back into the hobby about a year and a half ago, and the Adagio was the impulse buy in my LHS that lured me back. At first, I really liked it, and flew the snot out of it. Then, after my thumbs had retrained themselves, I started noticing all of the things that weren't good about it (grossly underpowered, horribly glide slope), then major components (motor, ESC) started dying. I even shed the H stab during one flight; luckily, it flat-spun to the ground with minor damage. On a goofy-wind day, I broke the nose on a botched landing. The repair would've been easy enough, but I was done with it and tossed it into my repair pile. I got on a kick over the last few weeks and brought a bunch of minor-damage planes back to life. Thought I'd put the Adagio back up to see if it'd be a suitable plane for my daughter, who's a beginner RC'er. Nope, it sucked as bad as it had 6 months ago.

There's a guy in my club who has a Hurricane (PZ, I think) that isn't his style of plane that he wants to give me. I'm not a Hurricane fan, but it'll at least feel at home in my Luftflotte. So, to not feel bad about taking a plane (that I don't really want), I'm going to see if he wants my Adagio, that I REALLY don't want, in trade. It'd be net positive trade, even better than if I accepted the gift with no trade. LOL
                                        ---
                                        Warbirder

Comment

• Yes no kidding, lol! I almost felt bad for the guy I sold it to but then again I gave it to him for a song. Yeah too slow to be a hotliner (wasn't even a warmliner!) and had terrible glide properties to be considered any kind of a glider...And my motor was bad out of the box. Should have known then.LOL
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X