Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some really great youtube documentaries for these cold, windy days. Just watched one on the P-38. Did not know it was so important in the Pacific. The Corsair. It was actually a total disaster, at first, on carriers. They had to fly them off of island runways. Then the Brits figured out how to land them on carriers, and away they went. The F-22...holy cow! I want one! Doc Then there is the A-10 documentary. Sheeze...I need more popcorn!

Comment

Here in South Carolina, it is quite the opposite Aros. I fly from September to June. June, July, and August are either dawn patrol or dusk, as the day time temps can hit 110, with 100% humidity. It is very difficult to fly when you cant even see because your eyes are full of sweat and you lipos are puffing without even being connected to anything!!! Snow?? What the Hades is snow?? LOL

Comment

Well, I normally brag about our good weather here so, I will do it again:):)
        Even our coldest winter days are about 18*C. Mind you, we are all walking around like we are about to go to the South Pole;)
        I must admit to having a bit of rain and floods around over the last few weeks but when we have only had four rained out club days in six years [club days are Wednesday and Sundays] we can not complain at all.
        And you are all welcome to come and fly with us at any time.
        Grafton Model Aircraft Club Radio Control NSW Australia MAAA

It would such a blast to win the 30 million in powerball tonight, I would pay for you all to come down for a couple of weeks. Hey, any one know Ellen or Oprah????
        We are in winter here now and our coldest day has been 21*C. Not too bad at all.
        Regards and respect
        Daryl

Comment

Originally posted by wrongroad View Post
          We are in winter here now and our coldest day has been 21*C. Not too bad at all.
          Regards and respect
          Daryl
          Winter in June, sounds like an oxymoron, I will take 21*C over the 95-99 we have been having any day!!!!

Comment

Supposed to be 120° here on Monday and Tuesday. :Sweating:
            Pat

Comment

G'day gang,
              Yeah, our summer here was a real stinker with a week of temperatures over 45*C with 85% humidity thrown in just for good measure. A couple of days topped out over 52*C at work [just around Christmas]. It was off the scale on our automatic weather station.
              All up, we had six weeks over 40*.
              Funny enough, I prefer the heat over the cold any day.
              My mate Shirty gets 40* + in Perth Western Australia on a regular basis during summer as well.
              Today was 21* here but raining all day. Forecast is for the same tomorrow so flying might be out and a sleep in, in.
              Regards and respect
              Daryl

Comment

Two typhoons are coming in southern Pacific ocean,you can image how crazy the gust wind blow,are we going to fly jets like kites or what!

Comment

Meanwhile in south central Texas

Comment

Man, I've actually had to put on long pants the past few weeks as it's been getting down into the 40's at night. But by Noon it's time to break out the shorts again. I have to have the heater on in the car in the morning, and the A/C in the afternoon. Crazy weather I tell ya! :)
                    Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      Man, I've actually had to put on long pants the past few weeks as it's been getting down into the 40's at night. But by Noon it's time to break out the shorts again. I have to have the heater on in the car in the morning, and the A/C in the afternoon. Crazy weather I tell ya! :)
                      Poor Pat has to put on long pants in the morning...:Cold: awwww.. :) We just had 10" of snow...

Comment

Just fly...it will be ok:Cool:
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

What the heck is going on!!
                          We are having the mildest winter since we moved here 6 years ago. We've had temps in the 50's and low 60's, go figure!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            We are having the mildest winter since we moved here 6 years ago. We've had temps in the 50's and low 60's, go figure!!

Grossman56
                            OH BITE ME LOL single digits here both + and - :Angry:
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

LOLLOLLOL:)

Grosman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Grossman56
                                Almost a month later, so how's that going now...........:PLOL
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

See my post in the FL 1600 mm Spitfire thread, you'll see....
                                  I hear from the news that you guys are buried in it, is it melting yet or what??

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

I had....was just jerkin your chain here. No melt yet, maybe start later this week when it is forecast for low/mid 40's. Todays 10 minutes of shoveling 4" off the sidewalk in 0 degree wind chills froze my keister :Scared:
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Mid 70's here right now. I went to the field yesterday and flew. Showed up at 8, didn't leave until almost 2. Got a total of 10 flights on 5 different birds.

Winter is my flying (and show) season, summer is build season unless I get to the field at 5am.
                                      Pat

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                        I had....was just jerkin your chain here. No melt yet, maybe start later this week when it is forecast for low/mid 40's. Todays 10 minutes of shoveling 4" off the sidewalk in 0 degree wind chills froze my keister :Scared:
                                        Just makes that retirement village in Florida with the R/C field look so much better, oh wait, tornadoes:(Think I'll take the snow:Cool:
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

Since when does central Florida have tornadoes? Oh, yeah, there was that one time in 1993...

Hurricanes, now that's a different story. ;)
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X