X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in envy of you Pat. LOL
    Just the other day I was reminiscing with my sweetie about 11 years ago when we did a 6 week/7500 mi road trip on mine & her Harleys and one of the places that caught our eye and I'd love to relocate to is Flagstaff but can't get her to leave family here in the NE. I know it is about a 20 degree lower temps than Mesa because of the higher elevations but I would still get 9 months versus 6 months of flying as it stands now.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Don't envy me too much. We pay for it in the summer! :)
      Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        Don't envy me too much. We pay for it in the summer! :)
        Oh I know about summer...my youngest brother was born in Phoenix that is why I was looking at Flagstaff.;)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hurricanes commonly spawn tornadoes. Many tornadoes.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Yes, yes they do

Comment

-2 for a low here last PM, building and fixing season, mom lives in PHX, rubs it in allot this time of year :Scared:
              rc flyin addict

Comment

G'day gang
                Thirty eight degrees C and 80% humidity here today. Forecast is for 40*C plus tomorrow and thunderstorms late in the afternoon.
                A thunderstorm here last week hit a town just forty kilometres away and near on wrecked the town. Funny enough, as the storm went over Grafton, it was quite benign with heavy rain but no wind. A few minutes later, the winds were 160kph + and ripping the roofs of houses and the local pub. No one was even hurt let alone killed. That is the amazing part of the storm, no one was even hurt.
                Our forecast is for light winds, so near perfect conditions to fly in until about lunchtime when it will get very warm to say the least.
                Come on down if you all want to. I can put a couple up for a few nights. Beer and a BBQ each night, you just have to pay your way here.
                Regards and respect
                Daryl

Comment

I would love to Daryl one of the things on my bucket list has always been coming to Australia. I don't think it will ever happen but gotta have something to dream of.

Comment

Oops my mistake!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Living in Minnesota can be a challenge at times when one considers the Midwestern winters. I had planned to do some Winter camping one weekend, but that fell by the wayside when the evening temperature got so cold that my campfire fire actually froze. It was the darnedest thing that I had ever seen. I then looked over at my buddy who was staring at the frozen fire in disbelief. I could see his lips moving, but I never heard what he was saying until Springtime when the sound waves from his voice thawed out.
                      We decided to try to make some supper, but all we had was frozen pizza! It was very chewy and tough and we couldn't use our metal cutlery because it stuck to our tongues just like a tongue on a flag pole in the movie "A Christmas Story."
                      Then I remembered that I had brought some soup along, but it was so cold that I chipped a tooth on it. That made my dentist happy because my fillings also fell out due to the constant shivering, so he got even more business out of me. And when we decided to leave, we needed the help of the Husky Dog Association to get the dog team started, because when we parked the sled, we had forgotten to plug the dogs in!
                      Strangely enough, we had a hard time moving forward until we figured out that we had to kick holes in the frozen air to get through. All that work made me pretty thirsty, so I decided to have a big swig of milk, but I then realized that I needed the chainsaw to cut the frozen milk up into little pieces so I could chew it. :wacky
                      Anyway, that is winter in Minnesota.
                      So stay warm or stay home!

Corsair :corsair

Comment

This is the time of year I wished I lived in Arizona. :Rainning:
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          This is the time of year I wished I lived in Arizona. :Rainning:
                          The best time of year to get all of the builds/repairs/service done in the shop though. Got to look at the "silver lining"LOL

Comment

Going out to the field in a few minutes. It's a chilly 45° right now, but the sun has not come up yet. Supposed to get to 80° today. Whatever shall I do? :)
                            Pat

Comment

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

Well.............you could rub it in !!:)

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Man, what a gorgeous day today! (there Gross, I'm rubbing it in :)) Was out there for almost 5 hours in shorts and a t-shirt. Clear blue skies, no wind at all, and lots of great flying. We are having our big electric event next weekend, and the weather is looking to be fantastic.
                                  Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                    Man, what a gorgeous day today! (there Gross, I'm rubbing it in :)) Was out there for almost 5 hours in shorts and a t-shirt. Clear blue skies, no wind at all, and lots of great flying. We are having our big electric event next weekend, and the weather is looking to be fantastic.
                                    That's OK Pat. In August, while we are enjoying 80deg temps and you are trying to keep from baking. Then we'll do the talking:). Good luck with your upcoming event. Hope it's perfect:Cool:.

Comment

Yeah... yeah. What Twowingtj said.. :Crying2:

Comment

Yeah, but I can still fly in August too, just not past 8am. But since the sun comes up at 5 (AZ does not participate in Daylight Savings Time), it gives me 3 hours to fly. So neener neener neener! :)
                                        Pat

Comment

:Angry:

Comment

Working...
                                          X